Riding tomorrow

steveo

Hey Guy's

Going for a ride tomorrow up the D trail to Sprucedale leaving from gravenhurst. My question is where is that section of the D trail close by Falkenburg Rd and how much of a rode run is there to get back on the trail. My second question is, is there fuel in around Sprucedale, if not where is the closest. Thanks for any input guy"s may be my last ride this season : (

It is about 1km but you can do some ditch banging

Fuel in spruce-dale just off the south sequin trail. Can't miss it.

is there food in Sprucedale??????????????????

Yes. You can eat at the hotel 500m down the trail from the gas station heading east. Can't miss it. Lots of sledders eating there when I passed through last week.

Sprucedale Hotel is almost next to Kirk's.

Never eaten there so can't comment on the food.

From the amount of sleds out front, seems like a popular spot.

Sprucedale hotel would drive past it looking for a GOOD place to eat. Give it a 3 out of 10.

You are generous 1 out of 10 I had the worst clubhouse ever last thursday on the way to a meeting.

Ok good to know. Never ate Thier either. When I passed through there were 30 sleds there. You could go to sliversands on sand lake in Kearny. Awesome food. If you go straight down top d it comes out at the edgewater go across sand lake and you will end up at sliversands. About an hour ride sprucedale.

The general store ? across the street from the Sprucedale Hotel has good food and good service.

Steve O. You are in for a great ride tomorrow. Enjoy. I just finished my post about the conditions in those areas. No probs with gas. Both in Sprucedale and in Port Sydney. The one in Port Sydney is on Highway 11 where most people unload their sleds. On Sunday we rode from Sparrow Lake to Sprucedale mainly via the D trail on the west side of Hwy#11 than crossed over to Kearney than back down the 80 series trails on the east side of 11 than crossed over to the C102D/C103D to the B trail back to the 3 than the D than the 4 on Kashe back home in Severn Falls. Awesome ride!!

May see you around tommorrow Steveo will will be around the sprucedale and Kearney area , Red Yamaha and a 600 Doo

was out today...D between pt sydney & just before sprucedale was in amazing shape...met groomer part way back...trail 65 was great as well as D102b & 95...very tired...185 miles...mar2012016.jpg

mar2012015.jpg

mar2012014.jpg

mar2012012.jpg

mar2012010.jpg

mar2012008.jpg

was out today...D between pt sydney & just before sprucedale was in amazing shape...met groomer part way back...trail 65 was great as well as D102b & 95...very tired...185 miles...

pfffttt, and you did not call and invite us......

Sprucedale hotel would drive past it looking for a GOOD place to eat. Give it a 3 out of 10.

I agree... we went in there a few weeks ago. A group of 6. The place was busy. We all ordered and they brought everyones but one of the guys. He asked for his soup since they seemed to have forgotten. He asked yet again. We had all finished burgers etc. and still no soup. Then to add insult to injury after getting nothing he had to stand in line at the register to get them to cancel his bill since he never got fed. The only reason it is so busy is they are licenced. Driectly across the road is a general store with a small cafe. They have pretty good food and you don't have to wait forever.

Thanks Snowcrest and all the rest of the surrounding clubs for making this year possible, I did end up going for a ride but it was very short lived thanks to the float bridge in Bracebridge, for some its not an issue but for my sled with no studds I would have had problems, the south side has a huge ice rut (deep too) and no snow, I would have made it across no prob but coming back I know I would have got stuck (no room for error on that bridge) so I ended up riding back on the top D to trail # 3, man the D was in great shape, no clinging or changing at all. All in all short but sweet. Trails by tomorrow will be crap : (

Should have put on an ice ripper track? Are you going to stud the middle this summer??

Archived