let it snow......

steveo

Snowing steady and heavy right now in G-Hurst, should help out with the trails for this weekend. I haven't seen a groomer touch the trails in and around the area for days now, is it because equipment is down or just not worth grooming? this snow should do the trick.....

Steveo, glad to hear it and let's hope it keeps coming down.

It pretty much rained down here all morning.

I was going to come up today, but I think I will wait until the weekend.

How's the sled running after the rebuild?

hey iz,

we're getting hit hard right now, complete white out on the bay, went for a ride and had to turn around because I couldn't see 20 feet ahead, kind a scary when there's a 4x4 somewhere out there plowing the ice drag track. Be very careful out there on the bay, the big pressure crack out by the 2 huts is covered now and if you don't know about it and hit it at a good speed you may be in for something you wont like.

The sled is running great now, its like brand new hehehehe (thats because the whole engine is besides the case its self) I absolutely love the Camoplat Cobra track they put on, the handling of this track is second to none, there's nothing it wont handle. Let me know if your coming up this weekend I have time on my hands and looking to ride (only if they groom the trails).

Snowcrest has all 3 groomers heading out tonight. We held off grooming the last few days because our trails were nothing but corn snow and ice. Had we broke up the ice, we would have destroyed what base we have and the longevity of our trails. This snow will help but our operators are going to have a bitch of a time on some of our big hills that have wet snow on top of ice. The wet snow will load up in the drags like a 2 tonne ball of snow as we try to get up some of the hills. I know the guys will be using the winch cables tonight, but we'll get er done!!! Ideally, it would have been nice if this snow came a couple of days ago, to allow us to pack the trails first, but hey, it's Friday and we'll just have to tough it out and get the job done for the weekend riders.

Good luck with the grooming tonight and be careful, its quite windy out and blowing like crazy.

Coming down good for a few hours now near Port Carling!

7:30pm

post-21472-0-94633300-1330134529_thumb.jpg

8:30pm

post-21472-0-28238500-1330134537_thumb.jpg

we didn't get anywhere near a foot like wildbills area but we did manage about 12-15cm which isnt too bad. Trails should be decent this weekend.......

Nvm

we didn't get anywhere near a foot like wildbills area but we did manage about 12-15cm which isnt too bad. Trails should be decent this weekend.......

high traffic fresh snow means they will get whipped but next week will be great !

Looking good out here tonight

19510ad5.jpg

very nice...you guys are back in the game

very nice...you guys are back in the game

We are.

I can bet we probably would have closed the south end trails if it was not for the new snow

hey iz,

we're getting hit hard right now, complete white out on the bay, went for a ride and had to turn around because I couldn't see 20 feet ahead, kind a scary when there's a 4x4 somewhere out there plowing the ice drag track. Be very careful out there on the bay, the big pressure crack out by the 2 huts is covered now and if you don't know about it and hit it at a good speed you may be in for something you wont like.

The sled is running great now, its like brand new hehehehe (thats because the whole engine is besides the case its self) I absolutely love the Camoplat Cobra track they put on, the handling of this track is second to none, there's nothing it wont handle. Let me know if your coming up this weekend I have time on my hands and looking to ride (only if they groom the trails).

Steveo, I found it last weekend during the PET ride. It was an oh Sh*t moment but just kept it pinned and manage it get over it ok.

Glad I was going in the right direction and got a bit of air and not the other way!!

I will be heading up on Sunday morning and most likely staging at Gull Lake Park or the end of Hewitt St.

Archived