Bracebridge Lodging

punchtech

Does anyone have any advice on where to possibly stay in the area this upcoming weekend,

0 miles on sleds so going to drive from Sarnia area up for the weekend. Looking for something

as close to trailhead as possible, just something in that general area would be great! Any new reports on snow conditions would be great too!

Thanks!

The Sleep in is right on the D trail and has good parking for vehicles/trailers. A short walk to supper with a few places to select from. Crabby Joe's, a Chinese Buffet, and others.

The Riverside Inn is just off the main trail on a short trail that leads to it. Has it's own restaurant and Dakota Sports Bar is across the street.

Trails are toast pretty much in this area. I would go to dorset or dwight area. Hailburton is beat too. Just came back home today. Dorset has received more snow then most area's along with hailburton forest and wildlife. There was barely any snow in orilla when I drove through a few hours ago and it Is still mild. I rode from hailburton to Whitney yesterday and wrecked the bottom of my ski. Hit granite rock that was piping up on the trail. I was hearing rocks click every few minutes. Snow really melted during the last few days. All area's need snow. Dorset had the most snow by far. Around 3 feet on flat. I talked to riders yesterday that lived south of minden was done and they trailered to hailburton for the day.

Trails are toast pretty much in this area. I would go to dorset or dwight area. Hailburton is beat too. Just came back home today. Dorset has received more snow then most area's along with hailburton forest and wildlife. There was barely any snow in orilla when I drove through a few hours ago and it Is still mild. I rode from hailburton to Whitney yesterday and wrecked the bottom of my ski. Hit granite rock that was piping up on the trail. I was hearing rocks click every few minutes. Snow really melted during the last few days. All area's need snow. Dorset had the most snow by far. Around 3 feet on flat. I talked to riders yesterday that lived south of minden was done and they trailered to hailburton for the day.

Ya, what Viper said. Dorset and north from there.

Ya, what Viper said. Dorset and north from there.

We were north of Dorset and Dwight right up to Kearney on the weekend. Some of the road rash areas were getting real tough running. Without more snow there are some lengthy road runs on some of the trails in the area that even there may become a challenge. There are other trails and parts of trails that are still great in the area though... hopefully the weather won't kill much but it is definitely spring conditions there.

Same problem in hailburton too.

We were north of Dorset and Dwight right up to Kearney on the weekend. Some of the road rash areas were getting real tough running. Without more snow there are some lengthy road runs on some of the trails in the area that even there may become a challenge. There are other trails and parts of trails that are still great in the area though... hopefully the weather won't kill much but it is definitely spring conditions there.

Snowing in H-Ville now. About an inch so far.

More predicted.

Huntsville is not a sled town , hard to get to trails and Accom., Go a little furtherto Kearney and try one of the places around Sand Lake , Were getting some snow now so there will be a lot of traffic here in BB this weekend and the trails could get chewed

Thanks for all the info, so next question is what are some decent places to stay in the Hunstville area, or the surrounding area? Dont need Deerhurst type accomodations,just easy trail access.

Go east of H-Ville on hwy 60.

Lots of places in Dwight or Oxtongue Lake.

Blue Spruce Inn

Spring Lake Resort

Oxtongue Lake Cottages

are a few I can remember.

We went to Hidden Valley next door to Deerhurst. $116.00/ night corporate rate booked online. They say they wanted to see my corporate ID but never did ask for it even though I took it. Plenty of ice on the lake to run to 77 and then head out from there. We rode from there to Kearney. If as Doogirl says it is snowing and more coming the bit of road that we hit would be fine....

Now for my slightly annoyed rant.... The D7 trail map on the legend shows a format for Trail on Road. How come they don't use it. There are lots of places where the trail is on the road. A long stretch on the road in Dwight but it doesn't show you that as well as others. Either show it correctly or take the indicator off the legend. Imagine someone with their kids planning a trip where the kids are not allowed to drive on the road due to age. They have traveled a significant distance and then hit the sign Follow Road to Trail. What do they do... screw up the day totally and turn back. The clubs know where the trails are on the road and I don't mean beside the road. Let's get it right.

Archived