NRSA Staging Areas

NRSA is pleased to announce that 2 staging areas for snowmobilers to park their vehicles & trailers. Below are the locations & GPS coordinates:

1. On Highway 17 east of Chalk River at the Chalk River Business Park - GPS coordinates: 46 00' 54N 077 26' 43W - Signage board & map located at the parking lot

2. On Highway 17 at Rolphton - Beside the Rolphton ESSO - GPS coordinates: 46 10' 18N 077 41' 49W - Signage board & map at the parking lot.

• 10 months later...

Both staging area are open again for 2012/2013 season.

• 3 weeks later...

NRSA Staging areas are only in Chalk RIver & Rolphton.

I'm not sure on this, but can u drop at Tim Hortons in Deep River?

Cool I'll add them to the GPS map

Tim Horton's is not a staging area, I know that he no longer allows transports in the parking lot, so you may be taking a chance if you park there. You may wish to check in Tim Horton's if you are planning on leaving your trucks there.

• 1 month later...

what is the route out of the chalk river staging are to the trail? drove by today by truck and it was not obvious to me how to get to the A trail from the staging area other than running a bit of road down past the gas station in chalk

Directly across the road from staging area is a trail right to the A trail. We used it one day and worked out great.

Trail number is 133 (the staging area is the Chalk River Business Park on Hwy 17, east of Fire Hall),

OK.. I see the OFSC trail now. My confusion is I often saw sleds tracks along Hwy 17 north ditch along here heading towards the power/pipe line where the OFSC A trail is, and over a few driveways.. driveways that folks have clearly blocked off to sled access.

Now that I know to look for a real trail right across the Hwy this makes sense.

Next up, to get my sled engine together before the snow melts for a last spring ride up in this area. .. had my first piston loss in 13 years of 600 Poos

• 2 years later...

NRSA has another new staging area to go with the ones in Chalk River & Rolphton!  Its in Deep River on highway 17 west of the traffic lights (just the 2nd driveway after the Bear's Den).  Plus you can exit right onto the trail 135!  A big thank you to the Residents & Staff of Deep River for making this happen!

• 1 month later...

This new park & ride was made possible thanks to the Town of Deep River! Here is a couple pictures of the new Deep River staging area and the new section of trail 135 that connects to the TOPS A-trail.  GPS coordinates are 46.098410  77.495706.  

post-21258-0-47636300-1449761209_thumb.jpg

post-21258-0-18469900-1449761221_thumb.jpg

post-21258-0-86275500-1449761328_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting this information KCC.

Looks great? Hopefully the next pictures you share (soon) will be some snow covered pics!!!!! :snow-141:  :snow-141:

Nice!  A big Thank You to the NRSA crew Karen!

• 1 month later...

Hope that you use the park & ride this weekend!  We are having the official opening of the park & ride on Saturday Jan 23 at 11am, Mayour Lougheed and council represenatives will be attending. So if you are planning to trailer to Deep River for a ride this weekend, please use the park & ride!  

Below is a picture of the park & ride entrance at Hwy 17, plus the temporary sign to look out for, plus here is a link to the google map showing the location before the park and ride was built.https://www.google.c...12!8i6656?hl=en

post-21258-0-29668500-1453466061_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

New signs have been installed at the Deep River Park & Ride,  so please watch for this sign!

post-21258-0-13992800-1455750113_thumb.jpg

Archived