Thefts in Muskokas

lakejoe

Had a Black/Green 2004 Arctic Cat Sabercat 600cc stolen last night at my cottage near MacTier.

The whole thing was recorded:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=433931854955

The OPP arrived 6 minutes after they drove off with it. Apparently there's been a few other sled thefts in the area.

Anyone else get ripped off?

That really sucks

that is lousy...gotta be worst theif ever....timed out for sure....

Son of a bitch,must of know you had sleds sitting at the cottage.Crap like that burns me up, thank god

we have a full time neighbour with a couple of German shepherds that come running the minute you pull up to

our driveway. What are the chances of recovering it?

What are the chances of recovering it?

Pretty slim. The OPP said they chased after a sled just before they arrived but it pulled into the forest and got away. I called them at around 11:15pm after I saw what was going on from my camera. 5 cruisers were dispatched and they gave up at around 5am.

The worst part is that I got to watch the whole thing live from London, 3.5 hours away, completely helpless.

We left the sleds north last weekend knowing we would be up again this weekend. Thought about leaving them right at the cottage but decided that it would be better if we put them back on the trailer and left it in our friends driveway, thinking now we made a good decision.

We left the sleds north last weekend knowing we would be up again this weekend. Thought about leaving them right at the cottage but decided that it would be better if we put them back on the trailer and left it in our friends driveway, thinking now we made a good decision.

Definitely a good decision.

We were just up on Monday and after riding for less than an hour on bare trails we decided to head back home to London. Wish we had brought them back with us.

They only took the Arctic Cat and left the 2010 Vector right beside it untouched. I'm thinking the Cat was just the easier target.

Pretty slim. The OPP said they chased after a sled just before they arrived but it pulled into the forest and got away. I called them at around 11:15pm after I saw what was going on from my camera. 5 cruisers were dispatched and they gave up at around 5am.

The worst part is that I got to watch the whole thing live from London, 3.5 hours away, completely helpless.

That really sucks, I can't imagine actually catching that on video and the feeling of being so helpless when you are so far away.

Definitely a good decision.

We were just up on Monday and after riding for less than an hour on bare trails we decided to head back home to London. Wish we had brought them back with us.

They only took the Arctic Cat and left the 2010 Vector right beside it untouched. I'm thinking the Cat was just the easier target.

I'm glad for you that at least only one got stolen, still sucks but it would have been even worse if they got both. Wouldn't you just love to catch them without the OPP around! SOBs!!!!!!!!!

That really sucks.

That Sucks

Either that or needed for parts.

Sorry about the bad news. What was the guy doing for all that time under the tarp and around the tarp?

What was the guy doing for all that time under the tarp and around the tarp?

We had some locks tying the two noses together so he had to spend some time breaking through them.

I'm just pissed off enough that I'm going to build a garage and have it monitored by a 24hr security company. So congrats to the a-hos, you got me once. This won't be happening again.

We had some locks tying the two noses together so he had to spend some time breaking through them.

I'm just pissed off enough that I'm going to build a garage and have it monitored by a 24hr security company. So congrats to the a-hos, you got me once. This won't be happening again.

Screw the security service, command controlled IED.

what camera system are you using? I didn't know you could do this. Is it cheap or no?

Catch them and let somebody break their knee caps. I don't know what it costs but a friend has his cottage automated. He can turn various lights on and off inside and out remotely. The heat, the TV and other items. He has a speaker outside that he can use through his PC. He tells me that if he sees someone outside he would turn on the bedroom lights and a couple seconds later the living room or kitchen followe d by the outside lights then call out over the speaker something to the effect of "who's out there?" As soon as I saw the lights coming on in succession I would figure crap somebody's home and high tail it out.

what camera system are you using? I didn't know you could do this. Is it cheap or no?

It's the Logitech Alert system. Really easy to setup and I have two of the outdoor cameras. It emails you when motion is detected.

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/video-security-systems

Great system. Unfortunate that it didn't help stop the thiefs

Wow!...talk about gall! Very sorry to hear about (and watch) this, but believe me, I can directly relate, as we had one of our two sleds stolen almost 20 years ago, out of our old dryland boathouse at the Haliburton cottage we had then. Pissed-off doesn't even begin to describe it...so, like you, we decided to build a secure garage the following summer, and thankfully never had any further problems. Hope your insuance claim goes smoothly.

Archived