Snowmobile Ride for Dad in Orillia---> Feb. 18

Oro Guy

Our club Orillia District Snowmobile Club (ODSC) is hosting a Ride for Dad in 2 weeks. Feb. 18 (Family Day Weekend)

Snowmobile Ride for Dad - Starts from the Mariposa Inn on Memorial Dr and the B112B (formerly 203) trail. We're going to have registration from 8:00am until 9:45, then head off at 10am, in parade fashion up B112B across James St, then across West St., then down to Tudhope Park, Once we hit Lake Couchiching people can reshuffle as they see fit, (please be courteous of the other drivers and not peel by dangerously) Head up to the Rail Line B105C towards Coldwater, then across Hwy 12 towards Midland on the C trail. We have some help from the OPP to get across all the road crossings safely! We have lunch provided in Midland for all participants, then back down the C trail, and over to the B, then back to Orillia for closing ceremonies and prizes!

Check out our ODSC webpage http://www.sledorillia.com/home and click 'Events Calendar' for a link to sign up online. Or check http://www.eventsonl...bileridefordad/.

Hoping we have snow for the ride!! Shaping up to be a great event for a great cause! Anyone can sign up. Tell your friends.

hope there is snow & i will be there...thx for info

I might show up for this one too. Sounds like it would be good.

Keep us up to date... that is our neck of the woods. If there is snow on the trails we will likely be there. Two weeks ago the rail bed from Waubashene to Lafontaine was great but as of this week the rail line was mainly ice and dirt.

Did you know the PET ride is that weekend in Gravenhurst when you picked it?

X2 Sorry man, I'll be at the PET ride, good luck with everything

All 3 Ride for Dad events across Ontario (Pembroke, Midland and Orillia) are that weekend so that is why it was chosen.

Which leaves you wondering why they all chose that weekend when PET had announced thier date a long time ago

Especially with the similarity in the cause. :wtf:

For anyone to relate,we have lost one of our long standing volunteers from ODSC to the terrible disease(cancer).Glen Purdy was a trail builder/maintainer of trail 4 now known as Trail 204.I have many good memories of sledding with Glen and his family.Any donations in his honor would be greatly appreciated.

Guys, don't hit on the local clubs. They don't set the date. It is a provincially run and clubs are asked if they will participate. The ride is promoted by the OFSC on their website,

I've been a strong supporter of PET since its very first year.

The only thing I can say is thank goodness that more information is getting "out there" to men (and their families) about prostate cancer.

Information is KEY ! Education is KEY to prevention.

Please support either or, even better, BOTH !

STG I don't think anyone was attacking the clubs per se. But rather the ride organizers. From what I know about these various charities is that there is often a fine line which creates a difference between similar charities. I would like to hear what YC or Viper have to regarding this. So kudos to the club for hosting b/c without their support there would be no rides

STG I don't think anyone was attacking the clubs per se.

Perhaps not, but the questions regarding why the dates were chosed were directed to the club that made the announcement so it appears that way in a forum and I wouldn't want the clubs to feel as if they are being critisized. The date is provincially set - many other clubs have picked up the baton. Pembrooke is an example that comes to mind.

So let's celebrate this weekend as a weeked to support education/information/research and Cure for prostate cancer and the affect it has on families associated with those that stricken.

I hope both rides go well and I hope both rides fulfill their goals !!

For anyone to relate,we have lost one of our long standing volunteers from ODSC to the terrible disease(cancer).Glen Purdy was a trail builder/maintainer of trail 4 now known as Trail 204.I have many good memories of sledding with Glen and his family.Any donations in his honor would be greatly appreciated.

have known glen along time...very sad

Sorry to hear. He was well known around severn bridge/washago

I didn't know Glen. Any relation to Tom ?

don't think so...

Sorry to hear. He was well known around severn bridge/washago

glen was the ''purolator guy''....he organized alot of things in washago & love it....always had tickets to something

Perhaps not, but the questions regarding why the dates were chosed were directed to the club that made the announcement so it appears that way in a forum and I wouldn't want the clubs to feel as if they are being critisized. The date is provincially set - many other clubs have picked up the baton. Pembrooke is an example that comes to mind.

So let's celebrate this weekend as a weeked to support education/information/research and Cure for prostate cancer and the affect it has on families associated with those that stricken.

I hope both rides go well and I hope both rides fulfill their goals !!

:icon_goodpost:

We've had to cancel the ride portion of our event since we are still lacking enough snow to get out of the city of Orillia. We have managed to get some limited trails opened but not close enough to town. We are still going ahead with the lunch and prizes part of the event. If anyone has signed up or thinking about it by all means still come to the Best Western Inn on Memorial Avenue in Orillia on Saturday to hang out for a few hours. We have several great prizes to hand out!!

Archived