new snow Parry Sound

slomo

Snow squalls and fairly heavy snow fall today (Saturday Jan 28) about 3" since noon, with more expected tomorrow and for a few days next week. Was not out on the trails today - truck maintenance- but it does not appear that the rain and weather over the last week affected snow levels much.

Am located in Wabaumik/Lorimer Lake area. Not sure about other parts of district 10?

Hope to get out for a ride tomorrow and will report any futher findings.

Was out with neighbour today went to check on his hunt camp in Macteir. Not bad considering

what this winter is offering made it as far as the Moon River. Good 3 hour ride last hour in snow squalls.

Still coming down.

There has been over 1.5 feet fallen over night - have had driveway filled in twice by plow - no complaints. Unless this area is hit by terrible bad luck - a thaw or something - should be plenty of snow for groomers to work with.

Large fluffy flakes still falling at time of posting.

There has been over 1.5 feet fallen over night - have had driveway filled in twice by plow - no complaints. Unless this area is hit by terrible bad luck - a thaw or something - should be plenty of snow for groomers to work with.

Large fluffy flakes still falling at time of posting.

How about some pics for us poor bastards down here in SW Ontario? Just to remind me what snow looks like. :drool-1:

C'mon up and enjoy.

Coming up February 11 for a week. Unfortunately, can't make it until then. Renting a place on Newell Lake near Magnetawan, and keeping my fingers crossed that the 104 across Ahmic will be open as this appears to be our main trail in and out of the cottage.

Thanks,

Holy snow! just finished clearing snow and that is the hardest that my poor old tractor has had to work in years! Both SSSC groomers are busy and the sleds are steady. SSSC trail patrollers have been out all weekend acting as ambassadors for the sport gave out lots of directions and information as well as checking for permits.

Ran the Seguin this morning around 9am it was picture perfect.

Sled felt like it was gliding on cloud’s groomer’s did a hell of a job last night.

Great job guys, took some great pics but forgot camera at cabin.

Holy snow! just finished clearing snow and that is the hardest that my poor old tractor has had to work in years! Both SSSC groomers are busy and the sleds are steady. SSSC trail patrollers have been out all weekend acting as ambassadors for the sport gave out lots of directions and information as well as checking for permits.

Bill... I was impressed with the trail and the snow when I was there on Sunday. Opened up a new topic to thank the SSSC guys that make it happen. In comparison the trail east of Sprucedale wasn't near as good as the trail west of Sprucedale. Great to hear about all the snow you got. Keep up the grat work guys. We do appreciate all the volunteers do.

• 1 year later...

Archived