Conditions?

sledjunk

I am thinking of visiting the Sault area and doing day trips in mid Feb.

Is anything shaping up? Are there any loops that are doable in a day? I'll likely be riding with my daughter and then visiting family at night so 150 - 200 Km range is max.

Thanks for the info

one nice run will be to trailer out to echo bay (you can call marty at the pit stop and ask to park the rig there for the day, he is a good guy with lots of info), run d106 to aubrey falls and back. nice trail, great scenery.... just remember to pack your own lunch, no food at aubrey falls this season. ski

I will be going to my camp at Northland lake Tomorrow. It is about half way between Sault and Searchmont by trail. The full loop around there when open I believe is about 100 mi. The loop doesn't have any real stops once you leave Hayden/Goulias (just N of sault) until you get to searchmont, but that is about the halfway point. I'let you know about the trails when I get back. I know the club has been working on them and some are listed as limited. Should be great by Feb.

I will be going to my camp at Northland lake Tomorrow. It is about half way between Sault and Searchmont by trail. The full loop around there when open I believe is about 100 mi. The loop doesn't have any real stops once you leave Hayden/Goulias (just N of sault) until you get to searchmont, but that is about the halfway point. I'let you know about the trails when I get back. I know the club has been working on them and some are listed as limited. Should be great by Feb.

Thanks

Still a long season ahead (up there).

Thanks Northlander.

one nice run will be to trailer out to echo bay (you can call marty at the pit stop and ask to park the rig there for the day, he is a good guy with lots of info), run d106 to aubrey falls and back. nice trail, great scenery.... just remember to pack your own lunch, no food at aubrey falls this season. ski

What do you hear about Flame Lake ? Wonderful place to stop. Gas, Food & overnight ! Will they be open this winter?

F trail needs to be open between Chapleau and aubrey falls to get there. Karen and Gary will be there, and opened just call ahead. looking at the snow, and the forecasts, and trends.... it isnt looking promising.

I really hope it opens, lynne and i love that trail run. Be nice to see our friends again. ski

Is Wabos Trails End still open in the winter for sledders ??

No more! They had to sell it and the new owner is not doing anything like a B&B. At least last year...........

I loved staying there and the food was wonderful.

F trail needs to be open between Chapleau and aubrey falls to get there. Karen and Gary will be there, and opened just call ahead. looking at the snow, and the forecasts, and trends.... it isnt looking promising.

I really hope it opens, lynne and i love that trail run. Be nice to see our friends again. ski

X2 for sure!

No more! They had to sell it and the new owner is not doing anything like a B&B. At least last year...........

X2 ! Shame that it is gone, beautiful place to stay and, as you say, the food was terrific !

Looks Great!

I love the red hats! stirthepot.gif:poke2:

Great place! Brings back some good memories. Although the trail from Half Way Haven to Wabos was pretty brutal if I recall.

Look at all those old sleds!

Great place! Brings back some good memories. Although the trail from Half Way Haven to Wabos was pretty brutal if I recall. Look at all those old sleds!

Brutal is a Major understatement ! That was one ugly afternoon. LOL

Ahhhhh ....

I bet you'r the one that usta leave his trailer parked there eh?

Or was that the RX1 guy?

I never did venture far enough to find that joint. We rode ATV's close to there a clp times, but ....

Sledjunk, Well hard to give report. Went up thurs evening. Storm had come through wed and thurs. Had tons of snow and great weekend. Can always use a little more in trails. Now web cams look like raining and mild. Hope thing hold up for you. Still a little time until February, but closing in fast. Also, before you trailer to Echo Bay, check on the conditions, I heard over the weekend, they may not have a club this year?? Maybe Kyzer or CJ would have input on that? Also, if they are grooming you can sled from Soo th Echo and I think that would be pretty close to your mileage? Good Luck

Sledjunk, Well hard to give report. Went up thurs evening. Storm had come through wed and thurs. Had tons of snow and great weekend. Can always use a little more in trails. Now web cams look like raining and mild. Hope thing hold up for you. Still a little time until February, but closing in fast. Also, before you trailer to Echo Bay, check on the conditions, I heard over the weekend, they may not have a club this year?? Maybe Kyzer or CJ would have input on that? Also, if they are grooming you can sled from Soo th Echo and I think that would be pretty close to your mileage? Good Luck

Thanks northlander. Hope things get better.

Brutal weather right now lost a lot of our snow, lots of rain and mild temps. Not what we needed..I am not sure about Echo Bay's club. I have heard that they have shut down but that's only from hte rumor mill. With this weather I am sure they lost all their snow !!!!!

Wow! Sounds like the Sault is not much better than we are down here. Might have to rethink and go up to D'ville / Wawa area and then visit on the way home.

Wow! Sounds like the Sault is not much better than we are down here. Might have to rethink and go up to D'ville / Wawa area and then visit on the way home.

Go up to Wawa or Dub. Drove through today on way home. Nothing left!!! Starting from scratch, except they finally ran groomers and opened trails. All over for the moment.

Ahhhhh ....

I bet you'r the one that usta leave his trailer parked there eh?

Yes I left it there many times rather than run that dry road trail through Searchmont. Now without any bypass trail, I can't run to Chapleau. I did get to Halfway this weekend. 3 to 4 feet of powder. It was a blast! Round trip 140 miles from Chapleau with 5 water crossings and cut 4 trees out of the trails to get through.

Scott

Or was that the RX1 guy?

I never did venture far enough to find that joint. We rode ATV's close to there a clp times, but ....

Archived