Haliburton Forest January 7 & 8 2012

sledjunk

I am a little late in posting this but, oh well, better late than never, I guess.

Last weekend, Moosifer and I went to HF to put some more miles on and to get the new sled past the 500 Km mark to get the first service behind me and the break in period over.

We stayed at the Windermere Cottages which is very convenient to the Forest without being right in there.

Let me just say that the cottage was disappointing. While it was equipped with full cooking facilities (which we didn't use, but had no intention of using either), the overall cleanliness of the place left a lot to be desired.

IrREVerent & Mrs. IrRev joined us on Saturday for part of the day's ride. The conditions were just 'ok'. While there was enough loose snow for lube, there were a number of icy spots and some of the corners were real gotcha's. When we got toward the outer reaches of the park, conditions were noticeably better. The snow was actually white or whiteish as opposed to brown nearer base camp.

Some of the trails were still pretty rough due to the lack of snow.

It was great to ride with the IrRev's again and I hope to do more of it this year.

Overall, it was a fun weekend and I achieved what I had set out to do. I came home with 550 Km on the odo and the sled went in for the first service.

Even in some of the marginal conditions, a day of riding is better than sitting at home moping.

That is why God invented trailers!!!!

Sorry, I only shot pictures and video with the GoPro and haven't had time to edit them yet. May add some later.

Thanks for the post, SJ.

Always enjoy reading your ride reports.

If Moosifer managed to stay on the trail in those icy corners, it couldn't have been that bad. :)

Thanks for the post, SJ.

Always enjoy reading your ride reports.

If Moosifer managed to stay on the trail in those icy corners, it couldn't have been that bad. :)

I don't think it's the icy ones he has problems with in particular ... although almost every corner could give him trouble.

Archived