season over before it even started : (

steveo

Well, I am just PO'd right now, the bay in gravenhurst is finally safe enough to ride on (7-8") at my end of the bay to the wharf ( i did not venture up the bay towards the narrows) and just the right amount of snow on top to make conditions perfect. The first spin to the wharf and back was awesome then I decided to go 1 more time, everything was great up till I got off the lake and hit my street (hill st.) I was 20 feet from my driveway and all of a sudden I hear "POP" and she dies, I thought I hit the kill switch by accident but that wasn't it, I tried turning her over and there I found I blew the motor. I could not pull the cord at all, it was like it sizzed up. Blown motor and no money = screwed.

Selling a 2001 MXZ 800

8900 km's

Blown Motor

Chassie in awesome condition

I have a new track not yet installed (Camoplast Corbra)

$1200 takes it

Steveo, Really sad to hear of your circumstance :(

That sucks. Sorry to hear.

Sorry to hear that.

Just probably a crank bearing seized. Normally that Is the case when they just stop like that. Have to figure out why though, which is the tough part. Not usually to bad to fix, since the cylinder walls should be good. Crank should be ok. You could probabily fix it for 1k. Pm wildbill and see what he could do for you. I am

guessing it was a storage issue and moisture attacked the bearing. Should be an easy fix.

Think it over Steveo first ...but if u are going to dump it pm me it wouldnt be picked up till the 25 at the earlyist as we will be coming thru from cochrane that day........think it over as long a cases are good and the cylinders are good its a easy fix.......think it over there's always next yr.

Steve, I thought it was rebuilt last season?

Sorry, but 800 doo suck...

crappy deal

I'm joining the chorus suggesting you take a deep breath, and then try to fix it.

Stay in the game.

Just don't try to pull it over anymore. Crank bearings normally seieze just as you wind down the trottle. Seen it happen to lots of guy's. I had one go myself years ago. It shouldn't be bad to fix it properly. It isn't like it blew apart at 11k rpm. You could have it fixed and back on the trail in a week. You already spent 500 for insurance and trail permit, so another 1k should be doable. You should get another 5 seasons if it is rebuilt properly. So that is cheap riding. Don't throw it away you will regret it later. Good luck and hope to see you at the pet ride .

Steveo, sorry to hear that I was hoping we finally get together and ride the trails in Gravenhurst.

Izzy

Just don't try to pull it over anymore. Crank bearings normally seieze just as you wind down the trottle. Seen it happen to lots of guy's. I had one go myself years ago. It shouldn't be bad to fix it properly. It isn't like it blew apart at 11k rpm. You could have it fixed and back on the trail in a week. You already spent 500 for insurance and trail permit, so another 1k should be doable. You should get another 5 seasons if it is rebuilt properly. So that is cheap riding. Don't throw it away you will regret it later. Good luck and hope to see you at the pet ride .

I agree with Viperrules 700 don't pack it in. Save your pennies, take your time and fix it right before giving up. There is always next year. You will regret selling it.

Don't pack it in. Snowcrest Trails are Awesome !

But, if you "must", you don't have to wait until Lep picks it up on the 25th, I'm right here in "The Rapids". ;-)

Still and all, you can do it for less than what peeps is saying here. 1k is not absolutely necessary - but probably close to the max. Stay in the Game Steveo ! Stay in the game.

This is going to be an AWESOME winter starting tonight. We'll be riding until mid April right here in Town !!!

Don't pack it in. Snowcrest Trails are Awesome !

But, if you "must", you don't have to wait until Lep picks it up on the 25th, I'm right here in "The Rapids". ;-)

Still and all, you can do it for less than what peeps is saying here. 1k is not absolutely necessary - but probably close to the max. Stay in the Game Steveo ! Stay in the game.

This is going to be an AWESOME winter starting tonight. We'll be riding until mid April right here in Town !!!

Mouse...your pushing it might have to get the trap out.......Steveo like the peeps are saying Stay in the game.....tell u what u decide to stay it will be build for a Bottle of Whiskey plus what ever it needs your call Pm me.......Stay in the Game it's like good whiskey...cann't get enough..

Mouse...your pushing it might have to get the trap out.......Steveo like the peeps are saying Stay in the game.....tell u what u decide to stay it will be build for a Bottle of Whiskey plus what ever it needs your call Pm me.......Stay in the Game it's like good whiskey...cann't get enough..

thats the best deal of 2012 so far...pretty nice offer

thats the best deal of 2012 so far...pretty nice offer

I've always liked "TheLep" even though mxz800 told me never to Hire the Irish.

LEP ! When can you get to the Rapids ?? and forget that DucK Tape son of a bitch from Plattsville !

A little bit of The Bush should have us seeing eye to eye in no time ;-)

Thx guys for your comments and input, I really don't wanna let her go if its salvageable but money is getting tight, this is my slow season for the next two months and the wife would kill me if I started throw out thousands of dollars right now> I had the top end rebuilt last year with new intake boots, carbs cleaned and so on and now this. My next problem is the guy I trust doing the work I think is a little busy (Mike Lemay) I tried calling him back in Nov. for a track install but never hear back. I really need help with this one, its sitting at the end of my driveway, I have no trailer, this sucks...... : ( I'm willing to throw down some cash to get her back up and running so if anyone knows of an Idea I'm up for it..... Help me get back up on the trails

yep, keep your sled. i sold both of mine this week and now we get the snow. i'm kicken my self in the ass. i'm so f'en pissed off.

next season i'ma have something more current like a 4stroke

Thanks for taking one for the team !

Mike has a very good rep and alot closer than me.....there is also Wildbill very good rep also and closer also.... the offer still stands or stick it in the corner until when every and pm me.

You probably just need new bearings on the crank then. You are half way there already. Lots of help offered here. Good luck and let us know how you made out.

Mike has a very good rep and alot closer than me.....there is also Wildbill very good rep also and closer also.... the offer still stands or stick it in the corner until when every and pm me.

Why don't you and I get together and talk about this over some Black Bush ??

with 8000+kms on the motor, if your crank is original, and as previously mentioned, you likely cooked a crank bearing. Probably one of the PTO side bearings. They are packed with Isoflex grease and recevie no other lubrication. Once the grease dries out or starts to degrade you are on the downhill slide. I've personally changed dozens of these bearings on customer 800 Ptek's over the years. If you're lucky, you will not have to have the entire crank rebuilt if only the PTO side bearing(s) are gone. Still gotta pull the motor, split everything apart, yank the crank, inspect measure and so on.... then full engine gasket set, re assseble the lump and reinstall...

Not a huge cost if you're handy with the manual and tools...

Archived