season over before it even started : (

steveo

Shitluck Steve but gotta say, BTDT too many times. I fixed my 800 BRP problems by purchasing an 800 Polaris this year. LOL.

I hear tell of a fellow in BB who can rebuild the crank if necessary. I'll get his name and number if you need it. Start pulling the motor out and get in touch with Sammy, buy a bottle of good whiskey and have at er.

We're moving into the winter cave on North street tonight.

I've always liked "TheLep" even though mxz800 told me never to Hire the Irish.

LEP ! When can you get to the Rapids ?? and forget that DucK Tape son of a bitch from Plattsville !

A little bit of The Bush should have us seeing eye to eye in no time ;-)

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU DAMN IRISH .......a little Duck Tape ...will make you all smooooooth :hyper:

PM me if you would like some help. I have all the tools and fixtures necessary as well as the bearings, seals etc.

Sorry, what did you say!!!

Sorry, I can't concentrate right now......

e897b5d4.gif

Is that a pearl on her necklace?

A few good offers for him.

Available only on OC.COM

Hey guy's, thanks for all the great offers and advice . I'm still sitting on the fence with this one but close to making my decision, I've tried contacting Mike for his assistance but unfortunately he has not called me back as of yet, I guess he isn't dabbling in sled repairs this year or something. I definately would grab one of these offers but no body is local and delievering the sled is next to impossible for me. I so wanna get her fixed asap but my only real option is going to Campbells Marine and having them do the work but at $100 an hour + parts its going to push my budget. What to do -what to do, i'm going to call them tomorrow and find out a ball park quote and see what happens.

Thanks again guys, sure do wish I was posting reports instead of asking for help

Steveo, I can offer to trailer it for you.

I will be converting my single trailer to a double and I will be taking mine to Wildbill's on the 27th of Jan.

Figure out whay you want to do I can even take it south to bigfuelburners if you wish.

Cheers

Hey guy's, thanks for all the great offers and advice . I'm still sitting on the fence with this one but close to making my decision, I've tried contacting Mike for his assistance but unfortunately he has not called me back as of yet, I guess he isn't dabbling in sled repairs this year or something. I definately would grab one of these offers but no body is local and delievering the sled is next to impossible for me. I so wanna get her fixed asap but my only real option is going to Campbells Marine and having them do the work but at $100 an hour + parts its going to push my budget. What to do -what to do, i'm going to call them tomorrow and find out a ball park quote and see what happens.

Thanks again guys, sure do wish I was posting reports instead of asking for help

Steve, its a ZX chassis. You can have the motor out of the sled in about an hour with some basic hand tools. Remove the exhaust. Take off the recoil cover and leave it in the sled. Disconnect the fuel pump vacum line. Pull the air box off. Loosen the two hose clamps and pull the carbs off and leave em on the sled. Suck out the oil tank and disconnect the line to the pump. Disconnect the oil pump lever cable. Disconnect the big electrical plug. Suck out all the coolant you can ond disconnect the two coolant hoses from the motor. remove the 4 motor mount bolts and pull the sucker out. Drive to barrie and take up theb offer of help.

So here's the update guy's, blown crank bearings and damage shaft aswell... the heads are still good but this is going to cost a bundle. Was quoted 1700 for complete rebuild with new crank, bearings, seals and all + installing a brand new Camoplast cobra track with sliders, I think its a bit steep but the added extra for the track makes it worst it for me. What do you guys think? It was either this or sell it and not have nothing for the next few years, that would have been more torture then the cost. Looks like I'll be back up and running by next week........

sounds like an awesome deal to me, want to buy a nice two up trailer to haul it to the snow.. :icon_cankick: .

lol wanna find me a new wife then

So here's the update guy's, blown crank bearings and damage shaft aswell... the heads are still good but this is going to cost a bundle. Was quoted 1700 for complete rebuild with new crank, bearings, seals and all + installing a brand new Camoplast cobra track with sliders, I think its a bit steep but the added extra for the track makes it worst it for me. What do you guys think? It was either this or sell it and not have nothing for the next few years, that would have been more torture then the cost. Looks like I'll be back up and running by next week........

Good choice!! I hope that you have better luck with your sled from this point on buddy. Glad to see you are going to get it done. Sure would hate to see you sitting there looking out the window when the snow flies. Sounds like by the time your sled is ready we will actually have some snow to ride.

Why did the bearings fail? You need to find the cause. Was the engine stored properly, ie fogged, blown crank seal, etc. A good engine rebuilder will be able to pin point what happened. I think it is worth it. Have them change all of the drive bearings both side and the jack shaft one as well. Then you should get another 5 years. Right now sled is worth 1200. After the repair it will be worth 3500. So you will be able to ride again and after three seasons the sled might still be worth 3500. That is cheap sledding if you ask me.

Why did the bearings fail? You need to find the cause. Was the engine stored properly, ie fogged, blown crank seal, etc. A good engine rebuilder will be able to pin point what happened. I think it is worth it. Have them change all of the drive bearings both side and the jack shaft one as well. Then you should get another 5 years. Right now sled is worth 1200. After the repair it will be worth 3500. So you will be able to ride again and after three seasons the sled might still be worth 3500. That is cheap sledding if you ask me.

At best in its current state it is worth $500.00 running its miles of smiles. Not to mention the moments that take your breath away and friendships.

lol wanna find me a new wife then

OK, be patient - we may have something here:

still for sale ???

any photos.......sled and wife !!

Work with me here - we might be able to broker a Win/Win !!

OK, be patient - we may have something here:

http://ontariocondit...doo-mxz-600-ho/

Work with me here - we might be able to broker a Win/Win !!

LMAO

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhhhh, finally she's back....... after almost 2 weeks of waiting I finally have my sled back. New bottom end, sliders, track, tune up and now the snow is coming, this just puts a :D on my face

Ahhhhhh, finally she's back....... after almost 2 weeks of waiting I finally have my sled back. New bottom end, sliders, track, tune up and now the snow is coming, this just puts a :D on my face

Awesome ! have fun !

Who did the work for you?

Who did the work for you?

Awesome ! have fun !

Congrats SteveO. Glad that you are back at it. Enjoy it and be safe and keep her in one piece.

Archived