Snowcrest Trail Report 2011 / 2012

2bsledding

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better lose those 2011 permits ! :-P

Saw that also. LOL

Saw that also. LOL

"Work sleds while trails are not open". They will have the permits on them by tomorrow as we hope to open LTD some sections later tonight or early tomorrow.

"Work sleds while trails are not open". They will have the permits on them by tomorrow as we hope to open LTD some sections later tonight or early tomorrow.

Was only teasing bud. I honestly never understood why a packer/work sled for our own trail system even needs a permit.

I expect that the club does it mostly to set an example.

And so it begins!!!

Snowcrest Riders in D7 has just opened (as Limited) their ESP trail C101D from Muskoka Wharf to Winhara Rd. Businesses and some local sledders will be happy!

Snowcrest is opening trails again!

Trail 4 – from the Hwy 11 overpass to Trail 15

Trail 15 – from Trail 4 to Canning Rd.

C101D – from the Muskoka Wharf to TOP D

TOP D – from C101D to Trail 44

Watch the Snowcrest web site for more trails opeining hopefully soon!!!

Snowcrest is opening trails again!

TOP D – from C101D to Trail 44

Watch the Snowcrest web site for more trails opeining hopefully soon!!!

Section of trail along Winhara Rd just opened up with water. Therefore trails open Ltd are now as follows:

TOP D – from C101D to Winhara Rd

I finally made it to my cottage on Boyd Island on Kahshe Lake on Saturday morning. I cut a few holes and found about 6 inches of ice. The ice was starting to look awfully black on Saturday afternoon but by Sunday everything had tightened right up again. Spoke to a few people who had cut holes in fron of there cottages and found between 6 and 10 inched of ice. Next weekend I'll venture out a bit more and check the ice thickness in a few places where the trail runs. Depending on how much ice we find, if the club wants , we could start staking soon.

I finally made it to my cottage on Boyd Island on Kahshe Lake on Saturday morning. I cut a few holes and found about 6 inches of ice. The ice was starting to look awfully black on Saturday afternoon but by Sunday everything had tightened right up again. Spoke to a few people who had cut holes in fron of there cottages and found between 6 and 10 inched of ice. Next weekend I'll venture out a bit more and check the ice thickness in a few places where the trail runs. Depending on how much ice we find, if the club wants , we could start staking soon.

Sounds good

How is trail 12 and 9 looking? If we get the snow that is in this weeks forecast, I am sure that it will help. Let me know if any of you have any news to report.

How is trail 12 and 9 looking? If we get the snow that is in this weeks forecast, I am sure that it will help. Let me know if any of you have any news to report.

Club sleds and the Pisten Bully groomer are heading out that way C101D tomorrow morning and Wednesday. We'll have to wait & see how they do. Snowcrest is trying to get more of the trail system open ASAP but we need more snow. Groomer went down D trail today from town to Kashe. It was rough and needs more snow. Hope to start working on B trail Thursday and Friday if all goes well tomorrow & Wednesday. We are also dealing with having to put up more snow fence and signs on B just before HWY 118E because some idiots chose to go around the snowfence that we put up to try and keep sleds on the trail.last weekend. The landowner is not impressed as they rode all over their back yard and on to their tile bed and in between their smoke shack and house. This section of trail has not yet been opened this year and with idiots running around like this we hope that it doesn't stay closed.

Club sleds and the Pisten Bully groomer are heading out that way C101D tomorrow morning and Wednesday. We'll have to wait & see how they do. Snowcrest is trying to get more of the trail system open ASAP but we need more snow. Groomer went down D trail today from town to Kashe. It was rough and needs more snow. Hope to start working on B trail Thursday and Friday if all goes well tomorrow & Wednesday. We are also dealing with having to put up more snow fence and signs on B just before HWY 118E because some idiots chose to go around the snowfence that we put up to try and keep sleds on the trail.last weekend. The landowner is not impressed as they rode all over their back yard and on to their tile bed and in between their smoke shack and house. This section of trail has not yet been opened this year and with idiots running around like this we hope that it doesn't stay closed.

Good luck with the progress but that really sucks about the trespassing.

Defiantly sucks. Especially since it is normally out of town warriors that do this. Have no respect for people's property. Maybe you need some barb wire.

Thanks 2bsledding. Hopefully we get half a foot tomorrow and more on Thursday. I am sure that will be enough to make a big difference.

I packed and groomed trail 4 to TOP D with Bob on the Weekend. So I can now come and visit STG...

I packed and groomed trail 4 to TOP D with Bob on the Weekend. So I can now come and visit STG...

Are you sure you want to do that?????? :shock::shock::shock:

I heard that you and Bob were here. Guess you know that Bob's got both drills put aside for us for Saturday. 4 and D crisscrossing Kahshe to be staked ! Picked up over 3 inches of ice this past weekend !

I heard that you and Bob were here. Guess you know that Bob's got both drills put aside for us for Saturday. 4 and D crisscrossing Kahshe to be staked ! Picked up over 3 inches of ice this past weekend !

I could bring them up saturday am? 10 am?

I could bring them up saturday am? 10 am?

That would be wonderful ! 10 AM at Ronald McDonald House. I think we'll split the crew, each crew with one drill and we'll be done in only a few hours! Awesome !

I'll send an email to John letting him know you're bringing the drills so he doesn't drive around to Bob's to pick them up.

Whoo Hoo !!

Heading out in an hour and a half to groom trail 4 and 15 up to the muldrews. Should be on the trail and rolling by 7. Could be a late night.

How are the trails looking after the snow yesterday? Anyone heard anything about the inner channels on lake muskoka by hwy 169? Also, if you need a hand with any trail work this weekend (out walkers point way), I am available.

Archived