10 replies to this topic

#1 Wildbill

Wildbill

Rosseau Road Powersports & Marine

• Sponsors
  • 9,314 posts
  • Website URL:http://www.rosseauroad.on.ca

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

Tonight Seguin Council approved land use to reroute the south end business access trail 209 to a newer better corridor making access to the south end businesses much much better. Thanks Seguin township!!!!!

#2 slomo

slomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Locationold east new westminster / parry sound

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:05 AM

Tonight Seguin Council approved land use to reroute the south end business access trail 209 to a newer better corridor making access to the south end businesses much much better. Thanks Seguin township!!!!!

This is the trail to Canadian Tire, McDonalds, Harveys, Walmart, Shell gas area? Any idea, in terms of proximity to businesses, where it exits?

#3 Wildbill

Wildbill

• Sponsors
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:43 AM

This is the trail to Canadian Tire, McDonalds, Harveys, Walmart, Shell gas area? Any idea, in terms of proximity to businesses, where it exits?

It currently will end in the Canadian tire parking lot but we expect to work on a couple of branches into the center of the south end and on up to the Microtel and Comfort inn.

#4 Canuck

Canuck

• Global Moderators
  • 5,320 posts
  • LocationSix Mile Lake / Midland
  • Previous or Other Sleds:Yamaha Apex '06, Yamahas (Venture, 700 Triple), Arctic Cat spine crusher ('92)
  • Club:Baxter Snow Riders
  • Sled:Yamaha Viper '14
  • 13/14 Mileage:3,520

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:10 AM

That's great news!

Many more customers for those businesses.

#5 sledjunk

sledjunk

Trailer Trash

• Global Moderators
  • 5,797 posts
  • LocationPefferlaw
  • Previous or Other Sleds:2012 Yamaha RS Vector (ms SJ)
    2007 Yamaha Vector GT (Moosifer)
    2002 VMAX 700 DLX (Sold)
    2001 VMAX 600 DLX (Sold)
  • Club:Heart Of Ontario
  • Sled:2015 Yamaha RS Vector LTX
  • 13/14 Mileage:6794 Km
  • 12/13 Mileage :6879 Km Woo Hoo
  • 11/12 Mileage :4795 Km
  • 10/11 Mileage :4161 Km
  • 09/10 Mileage:3785 Km

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

Excellent news!!! I am sure there are a number of volunteers who have worked tirelessly on this behind the scenes.

#6 2bsledding

2bsledding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationGravenhurst
  • Club:Snowcrest Riders
  • Sled:Arctic Cat

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:31 PM

For your sake I hope RIOCAN isn't the owner of any of the property that you're going to travel to get to the businesses. Their policy is no snowmobiles or ATV's on their property.

#7 catinental couch

catinental couch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Locationorillia
  • Previous or Other Sleds:Dozens of mainly RUPP
  • Sled:Arctic Cat TZ1 LXR
  • 09/10 Mileage:80

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Bill,if you have these trails ready for this season,I will have to investigate them.It has been far too long since I rode through
that area.Need to check with the accomodations to see if a 2 or 1 night stay is preferable and adjust my interferences accordingly.
(shedule)

#8 Wildbill

Wildbill

• Sponsors
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

Bill,if you have these trails ready for this season,I will have to investigate them.It has been far too long since I rode through
that area.Need to check with the accomodations to see if a 2 or 1 night stay is preferable and adjust my interferences accordingly.
(shedule)

As far as I know all of the local accomadations will do 1 day but you will want to stay longer

#9 slomo

slomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Locationold east new westminster / parry sound

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:52 AM

Absolutely no knock to the trail work and organization done at the south end of town accessing businesses, but keep in mind the north end as well. There is an access trail off the town trail to the back of the Parry Sound Mall - which has faded in years, but is a lot less busy than the business area in the south. There is parking for vehicle and trailer if you are launching for a day trip.

The Parry Sound Mall has washrooms, Subway, Fish and Chip place, Tim Horton's 100 yards away, gas at Canadian Tire gas bar, a food store, Staples (batteries, cords) and a large discount type store. Next to the mall is a mom and pop motel and a restaurant. (can't remember name at this time but they are map sponsors) There is far less traffic and road crossing for sleds than that in the area of southern businesses in Parry Sound.

Just mentioning, as if it were me doing the town trail and needed a stop, I'd continue to the north end as access is easier.

Edited by slomo, 09 November 2011 - 05:53 AM.

#10 Wildbill

Wildbill

• Sponsors
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

Absolutely no knock to the trail work and organization done at the south end of town accessing businesses, but keep in mind the north end as well. There is an access trail off the town trail to the back of the Parry Sound Mall - which has faded in years, but is a lot less busy than the business area in the south. There is parking for vehicle and trailer if you are launching for a day trip.

The Parry Sound Mall has washrooms, Subway, Fish and Chip place, Tim Horton's 100 yards away, gas at Canadian Tire gas bar, a food store, Staples (batteries, cords) and a large discount type store. Next to the mall is a mom and pop motel and a restaurant. (can't remember name at this time but they are map sponsors) There is far less traffic and road crossing for sleds than that in the area of southern businesses in Parry Sound.

Just mentioning, as if it were me doing the town trail and needed a stop, I'd continue to the north end as access is easier.

Yes that is a well used trail more access to more places is good.

#11 Canuck

Canuck

• Global Moderators
  • 5,320 posts
  • LocationSix Mile Lake / Midland
  • Previous or Other Sleds:Yamaha Apex '06, Yamahas (Venture, 700 Triple), Arctic Cat spine crusher ('92)
  • Club:Baxter Snow Riders
  • Sled:Yamaha Viper '14
  • 13/14 Mileage:3,520

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:13 AM

I remember a by-pass trail at the north end that had heavy duty "warning" signs about bottoming out, etc.

Took my girlfriend on it, and we snapped the the rear suspension.

Funny thing is, girlfriend became my wife.

Must've been me :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users