Seguin Township approves trail reroute

Wildbill

Tonight Seguin Council approved land use to reroute the south end business access trail 209 to a newer better corridor making access to the south end businesses much much better. Thanks Seguin township!!!!!

Tonight Seguin Council approved land use to reroute the south end business access trail 209 to a newer better corridor making access to the south end businesses much much better. Thanks Seguin township!!!!!

This is the trail to Canadian Tire, McDonalds, Harveys, Walmart, Shell gas area? Any idea, in terms of proximity to businesses, where it exits?

This is the trail to Canadian Tire, McDonalds, Harveys, Walmart, Shell gas area? Any idea, in terms of proximity to businesses, where it exits?

It currently will end in the Canadian tire parking lot but we expect to work on a couple of branches into the center of the south end and on up to the Microtel and Comfort inn.

That's great news!

Many more customers for those businesses.

Excellent news!!! I am sure there are a number of volunteers who have worked tirelessly on this behind the scenes.

For your sake I hope RIOCAN isn't the owner of any of the property that you're going to travel to get to the businesses. Their policy is no snowmobiles or ATV's on their property.

Bill,if you have these trails ready for this season,I will have to investigate them.It has been far too long since I rode through

that area.Need to check with the accomodations to see if a 2 or 1 night stay is preferable and adjust my interferences accordingly.

(shedule)

Bill,if you have these trails ready for this season,I will have to investigate them.It has been far too long since I rode through

that area.Need to check with the accomodations to see if a 2 or 1 night stay is preferable and adjust my interferences accordingly.

(shedule)

As far as I know all of the local accomadations will do 1 day but you will want to stay longer

Absolutely no knock to the trail work and organization done at the south end of town accessing businesses, but keep in mind the north end as well. There is an access trail off the town trail to the back of the Parry Sound Mall - which has faded in years, but is a lot less busy than the business area in the south. There is parking for vehicle and trailer if you are launching for a day trip.

The Parry Sound Mall has washrooms, Subway, Fish and Chip place, Tim Horton's 100 yards away, gas at Canadian Tire gas bar, a food store, Staples (batteries, cords) and a large discount type store. Next to the mall is a mom and pop motel and a restaurant. (can't remember name at this time but they are map sponsors) There is far less traffic and road crossing for sleds than that in the area of southern businesses in Parry Sound.

Just mentioning, as if it were me doing the town trail and needed a stop, I'd continue to the north end as access is easier.

Absolutely no knock to the trail work and organization done at the south end of town accessing businesses, but keep in mind the north end as well. There is an access trail off the town trail to the back of the Parry Sound Mall - which has faded in years, but is a lot less busy than the business area in the south. There is parking for vehicle and trailer if you are launching for a day trip.

The Parry Sound Mall has washrooms, Subway, Fish and Chip place, Tim Horton's 100 yards away, gas at Canadian Tire gas bar, a food store, Staples (batteries, cords) and a large discount type store. Next to the mall is a mom and pop motel and a restaurant. (can't remember name at this time but they are map sponsors) There is far less traffic and road crossing for sleds than that in the area of southern businesses in Parry Sound.

Just mentioning, as if it were me doing the town trail and needed a stop, I'd continue to the north end as access is easier.

Yes that is a well used trail more access to more places is good.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember a by-pass trail at the north end that had heavy duty "warning" signs about bottoming out, etc.

Took my girlfriend on it, and we snapped the the rear suspension.

Funny thing is, girlfriend became my wife.

Must've been me :)

Archived