New Restaurant near Kashe Lake?

Wolf

Hey STG,

Travelling northbound on Hwy 11 near Denne's Marine yesterday I noticed what appeared to be a new restaurant.

As it is your neck of the woods was wondering what can you tell us about it STG?

Don't think so. Recall building there before just south of Denne Marine but can't recall what it used to be.

If you're referring to the one in the gas station parking lot at the northeast South Kahshe Lake Road/Kilworthy interchange, it used to be a Country Style or Coffee Time or the like. I haven't been in the new operation so can't comment what they've got to offer.

If you're referring to the one in the gas station parking lot at the northeast South Kahshe Lake Road/Kilworthy interchange, it used to be a Country Style or Coffee Time or the like. I haven't been in the new operation so can't comment what they've got to offer.

No it's not that one; that one's called Stop 11 or something like that now- used to be a Country Style. I'm referring to the one quite close nad just south of the Denne Marine building on the east side of Hwy. 11. Can't remember the intersection but think it is south of the one you reference.

No it's not that one; that one's called Stop 11 or something like that now- used to be a Country Style. I'm referring to the one quite close nad just south of the Denne Marine building on the east side of Hwy. 11. Can't remember the intersection but think it is south of the one you reference.

Took a trip around that way yesterday afternoon to have a look. Don't see a restaurant in the area you describe, sorry. :?:logik::wtf:

• 2 weeks later...

Its called Station 11

Not the best food...

Yes, it is where the Coffie Time was.

Its good if your in a rush and want a quick snack...

Hey STG,

Travelling northbound on Hwy 11 near Denne's Marine yesterday I noticed what appeared to be a new restaurant.

It's not a restaurant. It is yet another Muskoka place that sells 'cottage' related crap:

http://www.blueoceanlighthouse.com/

...although the carved topographic maps held my interest for a few minutes.

It's not a restaurant. It is yet another Muskoka place that sells 'cottage' related crap:

That's more than a little harsh, slomo. :mad:

He has a lot of interesting stuff...and did a great job on an item for us last year, using his CNC machine to produce a decorative "white pine" wall hanging.

Apparently one person's "crap" is another person's "interesting stuff"...

:poke2:

http://www.blueoceanlighthouse.com/

...although the carved topographic maps held my interest for a few minutes.

YES!! That's the place I was referring to in my original message. A quick look as I drove by had me thinking it was a restaurant. Will have to check it out next time I drive up that way.

Thanks for the info Slomo.

All this 'foodie' talk is making me hungry.

:D

(thanks for the heads up, Wolf)

That's more than a little harsh, slomo. :mad:

He has a lot of interesting stuff...and did a great job on an item for us last year, using his CNC machine to produce a decorative "white pine" wall hanging.

:poke2:

My sincere apologies irReverent...imagine my disappointment that it wasn't a new restaurant....hungry and judgemental ...sort of jaded by all these 'trading postes', 'shoppes', 'emporiums', and others of their ilk usually spelled in faux middle English...although the 'made in China' labels are in everyday language....I did look them up.....I'm sure it's a great store...and they got a bit of publicity here.... :oops:

Can you tell I was 'persuaded' to stop for the French River Trading Poste last weekend? Yes. they are open this early....

How about a picture of that fine white pine wall hanging?

My sincere apologies irReverent...imagine my disappointment that it wasn't a new restaurant....hungry and judgemental ...sort of jaded by all these 'trading postes', 'shoppes', 'emporiums', and others of their ilk usually spelled in faux middle English...although the 'made in China' labels are in everyday language....I did look them up.....I'm sure it's a great store...and they got a bit of publicity here.... :oops:

Can you tell I was 'persuaded' to stop for the French River Trading Poste last weekend? Yes. they are open this early....

How about a picture of that fine white pine wall hanging?

Ask, and ye shall receive...here is a pic of said wall-hanging, decorating the mostly-blank north wall of our boathouse.

post-19727-0-65185600-1304260932_thumb.j

And BTW, I don't think you'll find too many "Made in China" labels in the Blue Ocean Lighthouse store...most of his stuff seems to be stock or custom-made wood-working pieces he has made himself, including various art, decor and furniture items. Aside from the Hwy. 11 store (which apparently should be a restaurant... :tongue: ), we also discovered that he has a booth at some of the seasonal farmers' markets in this area, including the one at the Muskoka Wharf in Gravenhurst.

• 2 months later...

nice interesting and very informative post, thanks for sharing.

======

non voice projects

Lately, between paying attention to traffic and looking at their lot, noticed a number of very realistic looking carved bears in their parking lot. I think IREVerent needs a couple to keep an eye on his boat house... :)

How'd you like to have a wood working brain like this guy?

http://www.woodthatworks.com/

Picked up one of his works not far from L.A. on vacation years ago and still a favourite:

http://www.woodthatworks.com/kinetic-sculptures/vortex/

Archived