etec or 1200 4 stroke

Viperules700

The ACE sounds like a nice little engine. What hp come out of one of those?

The horse power is in the 85 pony range. The ace engine has great torque down low, like most four strokes have. It lackes top end power, compared to it's bigger brother. It is super light and really shines in fuel economy. According to press claims can get 300 miles or 500kms on a single tank of fuel. I know, I would be driving it wide open to often, so I wouldn't even consider it. Depends what you are coming off of I guess. If you are coming off a 550 fan, you would be thrilled with this engine. I'm use to a big 3 cylinder, 2 stroke, so I wouldn't like it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what is it? 60 or 85? lol

I got a phazer, the 500 gets 80HP at 11,400 RPM's. I'm wide open all day long, tops out around 142 on my dream o meter with a bit of clutch tuning done. Finally, a comparable 4 stroke to my phazer... Thanks guys!

Thank you....I must say, was sitting on the fence for awhile but all the trail stories on the forum from folks such as yourselves got me going again. Ms. slomo also insisted on a new machine as a reward for me quitting smoking tobacco.

Had an opportunity to test drive the ACE600 and found it had plenty of zip and should be fine for me....after all 60 mph works out to 100 kph ! (have actually heard someone broke 70 mph on it)

Congratulations on your new sled! Hope we'll see you on the trails!

Thanks for everyone's great imput. I'm going to try the 4 stroke 1200. Just the fact I don't have to worry as much about gas quailty, no more real smokey clothing is a real bonus,the sled is lighter then my 03 viper (so weight isn't a real issue after I thought about it for abit). I was looking at the gades, but the extra seat was around 1100 can extra. Grand touring had a few extra goodies, like a taller windscreen :-) at the expensense of cheaper motion control shocks again. Maybe I can get the seat in the us and save a few bucks :-). I like yamaha's realibilty, just not there ride and handling. It seems you really have to findle with their sleds straight from the box. Fact I would have to up grade the ski's straight from the factory is another reason, I'm going back to skidoo. I have owned all of the brand's, except for actic cat.

local dealer in georgetown has some good deals on 011's right now, i would check them out.

:ehh:

local dealer in georgetown has some good deals on 011's right now, i would check them out.

sorry for quoting my own but i forgot to add, :puke::sick::icon_tinykitball::ehh: (sorry daughter wanted to see the smileys)

good stuff slomo, heard nothing but good from the ACE

Congratulations on your new sled! Hope we'll see you on the trails!

Thanks SJ....as opposed to being anchored at the camp in P.S. I am looking to become more mobile next year, keep sled in the south, and follow the snow....much like yourself!

Congrats on your new sled slow, I mean slowmo (my mistake)! The acce is definatly amazing value. You get the grand touring sport? Especially with these high fuel prices, more people might oft for it, over the larger 1200. I can see the rental fleets going mostly ace in the next few seasons. It seems the horspower is in the 60 range (My mistake) Yamaha! You can get a turbo for it and safetly boost it up to 120 I was told from cutsom sled shop. You can get a turbo for your phazer as well. Prices might be coming down with our high dollar now. Probabily cost around 4gs to do that though.

Heard nothing but good about the ACE, boys up north really like them,looking forward to your ride report Solmo...Congrat's....

Viper congrats on your new ride,will have to hook up for a rip next season....we are both locals Baden/The Burg.

Well, I looked at the 800 e tech long and hard. I rode a few this winter and they were impressive, that is until the problems started showing up.

One friend bought 2 mxzx 800 e techs and an 800 e tech Gade last december.

All three had belt and sensor issues around 1000km,s. On blew up real good at 2900km's.

Looked to me like BRP still cannot build an 800 so I started looking at the 1200 gade and asking questions and trying a couple out.

Great trail sled, not nearly as good off trail as I wanted. Hefty up front, hard to lay over in the powder, a little light on power without mods and owner reported electrical and fluid leak gremlins left me wondering what to buy. Went into research mode last month and snow checked a new ride this weekend.

I ordered a Polaris 800 Switchback Assault 144.

Been ridin Doo since 1978n BUT, they still haven't buil;t a non grenading 800 class sled and to me, anything else just doesn't have the power I desire nor the warranty coverage I NEED!!!!!!!!!

Poo comes with 3 years bumper to bumper ( 50 buck deductible in yrs 2 and 3)

No more ordering two spark plugs, two pistons and two cylinders for me.

Seems really weird buying something other than a Doo but WTH, sometimes change is good??????????????

Well, I looked at the 800 e tech long and hard. I rode a few this winter and they were impressive, that is until the problems started showing up.

All three had belt and sensor issues around 1000km,s. On blew up real good at 2900km's.

Looked to me like BRP still cannot build an 800 so I started looking at the 1200 gade and asking questions and trying a couple out.

Great trail sled, not nearly as good off trail as I wanted. Hefty up front, hard to lay over in the powder, a little light on power without mods and owner reported electrical and fluid leak gremlins left me wondering what to buy. Went into research mode last month and snow checked a new ride this weekend.

Been ridin Doo since 1978n BUT, they still haven't buil;t a non grenading 800 class sled and to me, anything else just doesn't have the power I desire nor the warranty coverage I NEED!!!!!!!!!

Seems really weird buying something other than a Doo but WTH, sometimes change is good??????????????

Congratulations on the new ride!!! But, are we going to have to change your handle to

PooNut????? :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Congrats on the new ride, DOOnut.

You know your engines, and your opinion means a lot to many.

The one year reports I heard trailside were good - you appear to have other info.

Man, I wish SkiDoo would invest $$ into 'durability' research.

Congrats on the new ride, DOOnut.

You know your engines, and your opinion means a lot to many.

The one year reports I heard trailside were good - you appear to have other info.

Man, I wish SkiDoo would invest $$ into 'durability' research.

They doo,the problem is that they are happy with it,and we keep making them #1!!!So to them there is no problem!!!

Polaris makes amazing engines and great handling sleds. Just wish they could get better fuel and oil economy on the 2 strokes. Can't have everything I guess. I decided to wait until fall now. Still not confident on what to buy yet.

I cant say either way on the ski-doo. I can tell u though, if it ain't a cat, it's a dog :rotflmao::tongue::coffeenose:

:right_on::rotflmao:

Very cool sled! If I was buying a 2-stroke, that would be it! Great choice. :right_on:

If it was a 4-stroke, I almost hate to admit this, but I would be buying a Turbo X-Fire Cat. IMHO, Cat has the coolest looking 4-stroke on the snow!

:right_on:

If it was a 4-stroke, I almost hate to admit this, but I would be buying a Turbo X-Fire Cat. IMHO, Cat has the coolest looking 4-stroke on the snow!

best performing too, if u can keep the rubber band on it.

You must have been mesmerized by the "orange machine" at the PET ride weekend. If I'd known you were looking you could have taken it for a spin. My wife drove it on Sunday's ride, but not really a sled for her.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back. You can post on this forum again. :-D

CONGRATS on the new sled. It looks awesome.

Welcome back. You can post on this forum again. :-D

CONGRATS on the new sled. It looks awesome.

Ill just get back to sledding. :rolleyes: Where do you put the oil in these things? :tongue:

hmmm....Don't get carried away there, Canuck :-P :razz:

havent the blackflies carried you away yet?

Nice ride congrats! Have you picked up the boat yet?

Thanks! It still in storage.

Archived