Sault Conditions?

lakejoe

Thinking of heading up from London tomorrow thanks to all of the rain happening in most of the rest of the province.

Can anyone comment on current conditions?

Thanks.

Not a very active forum here.

hope you went -we had a great ride

you can't rely on someone getting back to you right away on any forum the next day.

i started asking info a week in advance-also called people if i had too -just to make sure trails were being groomed -don't rely on hotels to give you good trail info-most times they don't know-they see snow in their parking lot and think its good.

if you didn't make it this year- plan a ride up there next year

Drove from Sarnia to the Soo -6 hrs

Thursday nite-stayed at Glenview cottages just north of ssm on #17

Friday rode to wawa, stop at searchmount for gas,stopped for lunch/gas at 1/2way haven-total from soo to wawa 200 miles

stayed south of wawa friday/saturday nite-best northern hotel-stayed in a cabin,cabins are the way to go if you can find them.

rode Saturday to white river through dubrieuville(gas up both times through) and back, 270 miles round trip-gas up in wawa before 9 pm for next days ride-gas stations close at 9 pm and we didn't wan't to ride back into wawa next morning before heading to halfway.

back to ssm Sunday-stopped again at halfway haven.

excellent conditions-total miles 670 in 3 days riding 7-9 hrs each day-saw maybe 20 sleds total -started to get messy near ssm late sunday as temps warmed up.

anyone thinking of riding up here-probably next year now that warm temps are fore-casted, do it, great riding-no traffic- if the trail was groomed within the last 2-3 days it will be good.

you can check trail conditions on the club web sites

the soo club grooms up to 1/2way, from 1/2way up to wawa is groomed by wawa club

links/ trail reports

www.ssmtrailblazers.com

www.wawasnoriders.com

www.jonespowersports.com/trailconditions.htm-if the trail report is old give them a call

check halfways thread on this site

Try to buy your trail pass direct from the wawa club/or any northern club up there you like to visit if possible-go to there web sites direct-they need help -michigans slow economy and strong can$ dollar are hurting the businesses-every place is for sale or closed.If the trails close they won't come back-

• 9 months later...

So when do the Sault Trailblazers start grooming.

I got out yesterday from Conner rd and there seems to be plenty of snow back in the bush.

I'm not sure what it takes but I think we are getting close.

Did you get much from that system Sunday night/Monday?

The most snow on the road anywhere in 500 miles was downtown Soo/Ontario when we came through.

The south side of the bridge cleared up quickly.

Did you get much from that system Sunday night/Monday?

The most snow on the road anywhere in 500 miles was downtown Soo/Ontario when we came through.

The south side of the bridge cleared up quickly.

we did OK...still need more but I hear Seachmont is getting good.

Grand Marais is supposed to be real good now. I'm heading there for a ride saturday.

I ride with a crew from down near St Marys Ohio

We are also keeping a close eye on this area we like leaving from the watertown and sledding north, well with the trail closure north , one year we headed to Elliot lake than north to Chapleau, we are hoping to do the same this year if they get the snowfall to open the trails.

will keep checking for up-dates we are planning a trip late Jan-Feb

Thanks for the report

zrtkat

I ride with a crew from down near St Marys Ohio

Nathan?

i dont suppose we could start a new thread about the soo conditions for this season? this is a post dug up from march of this past year. ski

Archived