421/206 Railbed Trail from Shanty Bay to Orillia?

Abitibi

Obviously the conditions are going to be bordering from crap to non-existant this weekend but what is this trail like normally?

Does it see a lot of traffic?

Is it a fast trail?

If I am coming across the bay from Big Bay Point can I hook-up with one of those dead-end beach roads on the north side of the bay to jump on it?

Thanks a lot!

Obviously the conditions are going to be bordering from crap to non-existant this weekend but what is this trail like normally?

Does it see a lot of traffic?

Is it a fast trail?

If I am coming across the bay from Big Bay Point can I hook-up with one of those dead-end beach roads on the north side of the bay to jump on it?

Thanks a lot!

was on it last night & was nice...its a very fast..but lots of road crossings...take you 30 min max to orillia

I was there 2 nights ago...great shape, high speed running!

Don't know how it will be after the last couple days but if it keeps snowing I'll be there tommorrow!

I believe there are several access points to the lake, I came off the trail at 7th line and there was a bumpy roadside trail for about 1km to get to the lake.

I'm not sure if it is still true or not but that night we rode the 203 to B trail to B103 all the way back to Simcoe, all were groomed and great riding but it was melting fast...it was 8c that night. The B trail has a bit of road running so take that into consideration as well.

I was there 2 nights ago...great shape, high speed running!

Don't know how it will be after the last couple days but if it keeps snowing I'll be there tommorrow!

I believe there are several access points to the lake, I came off the trail at 7th line and there was a bumpy roadside trail for about 1km to get to the lake.

I'm not sure if it is still true or not but that night we rode the 203 to B trail to B103 all the way back to Simcoe, all were groomed and great riding but it was melting fast...it was 8c that night. The B trail has a bit of road running so take that into consideration as well.

All closed as of yesterday.

Checked the trails today, lots of trees down. Going to be a long day tomorrow doing clean up.

Archived