Any thoughts on whether Lake Muskoka will ever be safe?

Dirtbag

Just wondering what people think about whether Lake Muskoka will ever be safe this year, and no I'm not talking about Gravenhurst Bay.

Curious as we run out of Mortimers Point and haven't even been out on the bay in front of our place yet. We usually are the first ones to run from Mortimers Marina up to North Bay on Lake Muskoka, but we haven't even done that yet.

I always like running across the lake to East Bay, then past Walkers Point community center and back onto the lake near Campbells, but I am worried we won't be able to do that this year at all, which kinda leaves us landlocked.

Any thoughts?

as of last weekend, there was a solid 2, yes two inches of ice of Montcalm point and 2 below Miller Island. Not looking good unless the next 2 weeks stay cold.

Hey Steve. I checked at the channel marker in out from Blakes place, 6-7 inchs. Ran across to Indian Head from my place. USE AT OWN RISK!!!

OK then, you come run up to the point across East Bay and make some tracks for us ok???? :crazy:

well I think the weekend tragedy on Lake of Bays just answered my question......

i wont be going out anywhere on lake muskoka..

• 2 weeks later...

not me yet, and I am up by Mortimers point.

I know there are a few tracks on north bay, and I spoke to a guy that said he ran kettles to fenns point, but I should wouldn't do it.

Talked to my buddy this am. Him and mxzx121 ran across from Walkers point to Indian head / Pier 100 yesterday. There are ice huts out from IH/Pier100 and a stake line.

Well I decided it looked pretty safe. So I went out in east bay and over to owls island..Some tracks now on the major portion of the lake..Very smooth and fast in my area..Was pushing 180 km/hr..Soooo much fun..btw the ice in front of cambells is really rough..

Hey apexGT, where do you ride out of? Our gang is out of Pine Grove on Pine lake and a buddy is just north of the NewArk.

As for the lake, people were out all over the bottom half this weekend. 12" is what a fisherman told me on the main part of the lake.

Hey apexGT, where do you ride out of? Our gang is out of Pine Grove on Pine lake and a buddy is just north of the NewArk.

As for the lake, people were out all over the bottom half this weekend. 12" is what a fisherman told me on the main part of the lake.

Looks like you guys are close to me. I'm out of east bay..Pretty close to where the community center trail exits onto Lake Muskoka. Thats a pretty fun lil marsh when its frozen..Can be a lil dicey when its not..lol I live in North BAy right now and usually sled out of here. Was down on the weekend taking the nieces and nephew for a ride..Its kind of fun puttering around with 2 kids on a sled..Makes me appreciate getting back on the apex solo..

Geez, I guess I should feel sorry for ya being that close to Twible :)

My buddys place is about 3 minutes from the other end of the Community center trail. I ride by it often. Hopint to run out that trail and head to North bay in a week or so. Hope the ice up there is good too.

Geez, I guess I should feel sorry for ya being that close to Twible :)

My buddys place is about 3 minutes from the other end of the Community center trail. I ride by it often. Hopint to run out that trail and head to North bay in a week or so. Hope the ice up there is good too.

lol..well seeing as he's my dentist he's inflicted enough pain to me over the years..lol

I'm not sure the route to North Bay would be any good right now. Powassen has very little snow. Lots of bare spots. The ice on Lake Nip has been good for a few months now though..I might be back in muskoka for some spring riding..Love the water hop onto the ice..small world huh..

lol..well seeing as he's my dentist he's inflicted enough pain to me over the years..lol

I'm not sure the route to North Bay would be any good right now. Powassen has very little snow. Lots of bare spots. The ice on Lake Nip has been good for a few months now though..I might be back in muskoka for some spring riding..Love the water hop onto the ice..small world huh..

yep, its small allright. Old man Twible is ok, its Rob thats a little screwy :) First time I met Rob, his dad introduced himself as "The Bank". That was about 15 or so yrs ago. Rob's still a buddy of mine and a fellow performance boater. We've been in the same boat club since 92 or 93.

Thanks for the heads up on a NB ride. If your in the neighbourhood, ask at Cambels if I'm around. They know me well, maybe too well $$ :cry:

Sean

yep, its small allright. Old man Twible is ok, its Rob thats a little screwy :) First time I met Rob, his dad introduced himself as "The Bank". That was about 15 or so yrs ago. Rob's still a buddy of mine and a fellow performance boater. We've been in the same boat club since 92 or 93.

Thanks for the heads up on a NB ride. If your in the neighbourhood, ask at Cambels if I'm around. They know me well, maybe too well $$ :cry:

Sean

Yeah that rob is always doing some speed runs in front of our place..lol I use to ride in Muskoka with a guy named blake. He probably belongs to that boat "club" as well..

next time I'm down that way I'll hit ya up..Maybe go for a lil ride..

well, i wasn't up last weekend but my friend measure 14 inches off my island just out from Cooper point, so I think the run from east bay to mortimers is fine now...

Sean

Yeah that rob is always doing some speed runs in front of our place..lol I use to ride in Muskoka with a guy named blake. He probably belongs to that boat "club" as well..

next time I'm down that way I'll hit ya up..Maybe go for a lil ride..

Speaking of small, Rob was at my shop yesterday for service on his Jeep and ya, I know Blake. He was here a couple of weeks ago picking up a power head for Rob and I was chatting with him last weekend at Boston Pizza. Maybe you should head down for mxzx121's lake party on the 8th. Usually fun times.

well, i wasn't up last weekend but my friend measure 14 inches off my island just out from Cooper point, so I think the run from east bay to mortimers is fine now...

Hey Steve, I might try to run east bay to north bay and over to Lake Joe and Rosseau this weekend. I wanna check the conditions and see if a OC.com lake tour is doable. maybe go check on the ice caves on Rosseau too. Its looking like we are going to have a banner March Lake riding year :) Fingers crossed it stays cold for another month.

well, you can look for me around IAN Z's or my buddy is on Butterfly lake, flat roofed cedar boathouse on the left half way towards glen orchard end

Speaking of small, Rob was at my shop yesterday for service on his Jeep and ya, I know Blake. He was here a couple of weeks ago picking up a power head for Rob and I was chatting with him last weekend at Boston Pizza. Maybe you should head down for mxzx121's lake party on the 8th. Usually fun times.

The lake party on the 8th sounds like a fun time. Could be some awesome lake running conditions. I just might do the trip down to the cottage. IF you see Rob or blake tell em Mike says hi..Rob would know me as his neighbor 2 doors down..lol ps tell blake to stay away from our bubblers..lol

Archived