Any thoughts on whether Lake Muskoka will ever be safe?

Dirtbag

Last weekend I ran from Bass Lake down Joe to Port Sandfeild, across Rosseau to that old trail that comes out a 118 & 25, then across 118 and down a road (can't remember the rd#) to Lake Muskoka just south of the Port Carling river.

I heard from a friend last weekend that it was very smooth running on Muskoka, but Lake Joe is a little chewed up with frozen slush. the north end of muskoka was really only tracked last weekend for the first time, so it is very smooth

as for gordon bay to bass lake, lots of people have run it

I heard from a friend last weekend that it was very smooth running on Muskoka, but Lake Joe is a little chewed up with frozen slush. the north end of muskoka was really only tracked last weekend for the first time, so it is very smooth

as for gordon bay to bass lake, lots of people have run it

Yeah that frozen slush on the straightaway to cambells sucks big time. Theres usually a Huge blow-up on the way to Gordon Bay arina from Bass lake..Not this year? Also theres usually one at Breezy Point..

Yeah that frozen slush on the straightaway to cambells sucks big time. Theres usually a Huge blow-up on the way to Gordon Bay arina from Bass lake..Not this year? Also theres usually one at Breezy Point..

I'll let ya know if there's any blow ups on Sunday night. Headin up right now :) for some excellent spring time big lake riding. Amazing how many miles you can rack on just cruising around the lakes at 80 all day :P

With all the cold weather we have had lately, has anyone been down Lake Joe from Gordon BAy Marina to Bass Lake restaurant?

Now that's a run I would like to do tomorrow a.m.

Leaving Wildbill's ("park the trailer in your reserved spot" :angry: - not funny Bill), and was going to head east. But solid , safe ice (sans children riders) is enticing.

Please let me know if safe.

ll let ya know if there's any blow ups on Sunday night. Headin up right now :) for some excellent spring time big lake riding. Amazing how many miles you can rack on just cruising around the lakes at 80 all day :P

Keep us posted... we're heading to Cochrane tomorrow, but I'd like to do the lakes again this year if you are a willing guide? Maybe next weekend?

I'll let ya know if there's any blow ups on Sunday night. Headin up right now :) for some excellent spring time big lake riding. Amazing how many miles you can rack on just cruising around the lakes at 80 all day :P

There are two pressure cracks on the way to Bass Lk the first is big enough to stop you the second isn't so bad. I would say about 6-7km south of GBM is the first, the second is just as you see Foot's bay...both are pretty common spots if memory serves. They're hard to see in flat light!!!

Thanks.

Great info.

With all the cold weather we have had lately, has anyone been down Lake Joe from Gordon BAy Marina to Bass Lake restaurant?

Now that's a run I would like to do tomorrow a.m.

Leaving Wildbill's ("park the trailer in your reserved spot" :angry: - not funny Bill), and was going to head east. But solid , safe ice (sans children riders) is enticing.

Please let me know if safe.

What :?::rotflmao:

well, I didn't see a single blow up or down on Muskoka this weekend. never made it to Rosseau or Joe because the off trail riding was just wayyyyyyy to good. Muskoka is flat and smooth( except frozen ruts from 2 weeks ago) There was a little too much loose snow for real good traction but todays temps should fix that right up. Anyone want to meet early Saturday for a lake run or some boondocking before heading to mxzx121's lake party at 2? Just let me know.

Hey Doo ! You planning a Muskoka, Rosseau, Ice Caves, Port Sandfield, Bass Lake House and home loop again this year? The 15th maybe?

Well, here's the dealio MrMouse. I will be up all next week with no access to the net. I plan on heading up to check the raod run section between Muskoka and Joe next week and runnin to the caves to see how they are this year( should be big). If all is well, I can call ya and you can post and arrange meeting spot for Saturday the 15th. If the conditions are good, I am up for it. Killswitch and Andy will go but MrsDoonut will still be sidelined. If this arrangement works for you, let me know.

Hey Doo ! You planning a Muskoka, Rosseau, Ice Caves, Port Sandfield, Bass Lake House and home loop again this year? The 15th maybe?

Well, here's the dealio MrMouse. I will be up all next week with no access to the net. I plan on heading up to check the raod run section between Muskoka and Joe next week and runnin to the caves to see how they are this year( should be big). If all is well, I can call ya and you can post and arrange meeting spot for Saturday the 15th. If the conditions are good, I am up for it. Killswitch and Andy will go but MrsDoonut will still be sidelined. If this arrangement works for you, let me know.

Sounds good to me ! Looking forward to your call - would love to do that ride again this year. :D

well, I was all over rosseau, joe and muskoka on the weekend... all good... a few pressure cracks on muskoka, nothing serious, and one bigger on on rosseau about half way up to rosseau on the east side.

20 inches of ice off breezy point near my island.... and 20 inches near port sandfield.

trucks on all three lakes

Its looking like we are going to have a banner March Lake riding year :) Fingers crossed it stays cold for another month.

Agreed re: March lake running.

I had my first look at Lake Joseph on Sunday - lots of tracks (sled and truck), but no tree line. Never been there before by sled (usually take C trail), so don't know if it's usually staked.

But it's an area I'll visit more often March break this year.

Its looking like we are going to have a banner March Lake riding year :) Fingers crossed it stays cold for another month.

Agreed re: March lake running.

I had my first look at Lake Joseph on Sunday - lots of tracks (sled and truck), but no tree line. Never been there before by sled (usually take C trail), so don't know if it's usually staked.

But it's an area I'll visit more often March break this year.

Nothing better than when the big 3 are in. Makes getting around quick.

Sounds good to me ! Looking forward to your call - would love to do that ride again this year. :D

I'd be interested as well. Sounds like fun.

I'd be interested as well. Sounds like fun.

Great - keep eye on the 'Central' forum next week. It's a fun ride !

Archived