C trail north of Britt

JJL

Does anyone have any information on the C trail north of Britt up to highway 522? Still closed while everything else around is open?

Wanna head up that way for a loop or up to the bridges at pickerel/french rivers. thanks.

thanks for the quick reply.

we start out of carling and usually take the 401 trail up to the c trail and head north from there.

we've rode over to ardbeg and up the lakes to port loring and across to c and back home. thats usually a good day ride for us.

been a few years though.

not sure we could head that way, take the c north and then turn around and come back the way we went and still be happy at the end of the day.

do you have an idea of how many kms/hrs from port loring to c trail?

port loring to french river bridge?

thanks alot.

thanks for the quick reply.

we start out of carling and usually take the 401 trail up to the c trail and head north from there.

we've rode over to ardbeg and up the lakes to port loring and across to c and back home. thats usually a good day ride for us.

been a few years though.

not sure we could head that way, take the c north and then turn around and come back the way we went and still be happy at the end of the day.

do you have an idea of how many kms/hrs from port loring to c trail?

port loring to french river bridge?

thanks alot.

I get about 60 km from lorring to the C, then the 22 km up to the bridge, then 22 K back of course?

Ill ask more questions about the C as well.

Rich

Thanks for keeping this topic active. I'm also interested in visiting bridges via C trail.

listed as green this morning? :wtf:

JJL, we just came back from a trip to the bridges from Muskoka. C Trail was posted "Closed" south of C105D when we went by it on both Friday afternoon (going up to the bridges), and when we came back past it Saturday morning, on our way back through Port Loring. Of course, that may have changed by now, but I wouldn't trust the Interactive Trail Guide map at all...I'd suggest that you call someone in Britt and get first-hand information if you can.

Trail distance between Port Loring and the bridges is just over 80 kms...and snow in the French River area is kind of skimpy, so be prepared for a rough, scratchy ride up C in the vicinity of the bridges. It looks as though the club has done a pretty fair job trying to groom given the snow they have to work with, but just be forewarned the snow is not plentiful in that area...unless they get some more in the coming days.

thanks for the report irREVerent.

we'll call ahead if we do plan on heading that way.

can you tell me how you found the C105D from Port Loring over to the C?

thanks.

thanks for the report irREVerent.

we'll call ahead if we do plan on heading that way.

can you tell me how you found the C105D from Port Loring over to the C?

thanks.

You're welcome...happy to help.

C105D was generally OK across that entire stretch from Port Loring to C on Friday, and still OK going back the opposite way on Saturday...despite the heavier Saturday traffic. On a 10-point scale, I would have given it a 6 or 7. That being said, it was clear to us that the closer we got to Port Loring, the more snow there was.

Be careful of the lakes...once you got off the stake-lines (and occasionally even ON the stake-lines), there was a ton of slush, some of it pretty deep. And also, there is a 15 km stretch of ploughed logging road as you get closer to C...this wasn't really a problem for us, as it wasn't ploughed right down to gravel, but I wanted to give you a heads-up anyway.

Have fun.

I will be grooming the C south as well as C105d tomorrow, Not planned but a death in a family changes everything, the plowed road for the logging will be knocked down & groomed as planned with the loggers, I spoke to them yesterday & we were looking for enough snow to make a trail on the road side so they could piow to it, And still have their road, it will work well in the end, Or tomorrow, Also found a new short cut today, 22 km from Noelville to the C105d by juming the 18 mile island & meeting the C105d, This could be a easy way to repalce the C106 that is a night mare,

Will update the story when I get back.

Rich

thanks all. headin up this weekend. playin it by ear as to where we will go. would liek to head north rather than south.

Rich, looking forward to your report on the C and C105D when you get back. cheers.

thanks all. headin up this weekend. playin it by ear as to where we will go. would liek to head north rather than south.

Rich, looking forward to your report on the C and C105D when you get back. cheers.

I got the C south to near the Key done & the Electronic injector pump shut off? Going to float down the 98 this moring & pull the 07 out of the bush, Then finish the C. C105d was still good from rider reports & the C that I did was the best it can be with the snow it has, Not perfect but all good.

Will do all I can to have it all groomed tonight, After we get the switch done.

Rich

Just a heads up here, We asked if we could plug the groomer in at the Key river Esso, If we had to. He says Whats in it for me???

We say we groom the C trail right to your pumps. He says OK, $25.00 per night. I dont buy gas there anymore!!

He pissed me off as much as the down groomer.

Sorry, Rant over.

Rich

Just a heads up here, We asked if we could plug the groomer in at the Key river Esso, If we had to. He says Whats in it for me???

We say we groom the C trail right to your pumps. He says OK, $25.00 per night. I dont buy gas there anymore!!

He pissed me off as much as the down groomer.

Sorry, Rant over.

Rich

Thank you for posting this they will not see any of our money spent there.

Can you provide alternative places to fuel?

Shell station in Point au Baril. Anywhere else?

Thanks in advance.

Can you provide alternative places to fuel?

Shell station in Point au Baril. Anywhere else?

Thanks in advance.

Canuck, I can't help you with your P-a-B query, but I can tell you that the closest fuel we could find to the east on our "bridges" trip last week was at Port Loring (on C105D). Port Loring is about 80 kms to the bridges, and about 60 kms to the junction with C at Hwy 69 near Key River. We were told that lots of folks destined for the French River area from Parry Sound come north via Ardbeg to Port Loring (rather than straight up C) because they can travel the lakes, and get lunch at Jake's, which is a great spot.

To the north of the bridges, you can get fuel at Rich's place (The Owl's Nest), which is accessible from C via 708, and from D104 via 703. There's apparently also fuel at Noelville on C106.

Hope that helps.

Great info. IrREV.

Thanks.

You can fuel here in Pointe Au Baril at the Shell station, they also have hot coffee and light lunches. North up to Britt you can fuel at St.Amant's resturant.

I've bought fuel at the Key River Esso many, many times, will avoid it like the plage(sp?) now. Someone should forward this link to them, if they have a computer that is!

By the way, it's snowing up here AGAIN!

You can fuel here in Pointe Au Baril at the Shell station, they also have hot coffee and light lunches. North up to Britt you can fuel at St.Amant's resturant.

I've bought fuel at the Key River Esso many, many times, will avoid it like the plage(sp?) now. Someone should forward this link to them, if they have a computer that is!

By the way, it's snowing up here AGAIN!

I took one for the team today as I was there to remove the dead BR with a active unit. gassed up the truck & went in to pay & chat about the parking of the groomer with a plug in, The guy was good enough to say we ca have hydro for free, But its $25.00 to park the groomer over night. so i got mad & walked through the little store to look for a deal on a towel & I could trick them, No deals, o towels, CN was good enough to show us where to park & plug.

I was damm mad & told every sled I saw all day about the support from a gas stop on the C trail.

Im Done now,

Rich

I took one for the team today as I was there to remove the dead BR with a active unit. gassed up the truck & went in to pay & chat about the parking of the groomer with a plug in, The guy was good enough to say we ca have hydro for free, But its $25.00 to park the groomer over night. so i got mad & walked through the little store to look for a deal on a towel & I could trick them, No deals, o towels, CN was good enough to show us where to park & plug.

I was damm mad & told every sled I saw all day about the support from a gas stop on the C trail.

Im Done now,

Rich

Sounds like we need a sign ' Support the businesses that support the trails' with the location of the next gas stop. One sign just before each Stop Ahead sign would do.

Sounds like we need a sign ' Support the businesses that support the trails' with the location of the next gas stop. One sign just before each Stop Ahead sign would do.

Yes!! great idea,

You folks best tell me what to put up, It would be better than I just take a stab at it,

Rich

Archived