Calling all OC.Com Members We need Help NOW!!!!

The Groomer Guy

Ok guy we need you help... we don't have much time, Snowmobile trails, ATV trails, fishing and more is at risk up here in the Dubreuilville, wawa, Hornpayne are and more please help, leave a Comment. we need it now or early in the moorning, they are going to meet the Minister tomorow.

Click here to go to the site and leave a Comment.

here what it says

URGENT REQUEST:

This is IMPORTANT. It will only take a couple of minutes.

1.) We are asking EACH and EVERYONE of you to please click on this link (or copy and paste into your browser) http://ontora.ca/ontora-meeting-with -mnr-minister/ and ADD A SHORT COMMENT at the bottom of the article - right now. You do not have to be logged in or anything. Just go to the link and add a few words before we meet with the MNR Minister on Friday. It doesn’t matter how well you can write, just write something (hopefully something about restoring equal public access to Crown Land). Write it in English, French, Finnish, Ojibway - it doesn’t matter. What matters is that we get LOTS of participation. Besides, this is your chance to get your personal opinion in front of the Minister of Natural Resources.

2.) As soon as you’ve added your comment, call 2 of your fishing or hunting buddies and have them do the same. They don’t have to be members of OntORA! Call anyone who loves the outdoors and wants to help try and change the current system of MNR management. Ask them to immediately go to the above link and add their opinion. Stay on the phone while they add their comment, so you know that it gets done.

OntORA’s executive has been working hard on many fronts, and we now have an opportunity to meet with the Minister. This is a start to possibly creating some changes in the way our natural resources are managed. However, the OntORA executive are only a few people, and we can only do so much on our own. We need your support and participation! The time has come for everyone to step up and tell the government what they think about the MNR’s policies. You cannot be afraid to put your name and thoughts out in public. If you are afraid to speak up, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

This mass email goes out to hundreds of people, yet we have only received a handful of comments so far. EVERYONE who receives this email PLEASE go to the link and add a short comment. Even if you want to say the same thing as several others have already said, still add an additional comment! We would like to see 200 comments on this article by tomorrow morning. Please do your part.

Thank you,

Tym Barker

Vice-President, OntORA

Done.

Comment Added.

Done

done

Done

done...hope it was in time

Done... :right_on:

done and sent to almost 30 other email contacts that are concerned with this as well. ski

Done earlier today.

Thanks for the heads up.

I follow a number of international forums and Canada, most specifically Ontario, is quickly becoming the laughing stock of the rest of the world because of crazy motions from government like this one. If a story comes up that makes you shake your head, it is almost guaranteed that it originated from Ontario.

I suppose it is a testament to the people of our great country that we leave our leaders with nothing better to do than dream up laws that serve no purpose other than to give them busy-work. However, we will quickly enter a dark place if the trend continues – their plans are becoming more and more ridiculous with each passing day.

Does anyone have any sources where I can read up to better understand the history and reasons behind this? I support the petition and intend to sign (if it is not already too late?), however I would like to leave a comment that is informed. I do not feel I am in that place just yet.

and yet you guys continue to vote Liberal :icon_doh:

and yet you guys continue to vote Liberal :icon_doh:

The party doesn't matter, and only serves to prolong the problem believing a change in party can fix it. Just look at the CRTC fiasco of yesterday. That was under the federal Conservatives watch.

As a sledder, fisherman and hunter I am sincerely disappointed I missed this post. Is there anything I can do after the fact?

in my area (17) non canadian outfitters have legally under the supervision of the mnr blocked access to some of the best walley and trout lakes in the world. Not only has the mnr pulled bridges but also fined myself and many others for ditch running around them. Hell I got fined for swamp running to a trap shack that has been in my family since 1911 (they lost on that one)

are there still good fishing holes left ? yup lots of them. Will they be accessible to Ontario citizens in 5 years time? Probably not unless you wanna pay a non citizen lodge owner big bucks to fly into a lodge currently accessible by road

in my area (17) non canadian outfitters have legally under the supervision of the mnr blocked access to some of the best walley and trout lakes in the world. Not only has the mnr pulled bridges but also fined myself and many others for ditch running around them. Hell I got fined for swamp running to a trap shack that has been in my family since 1911 (they lost on that one)

are there still good fishing holes left ? yup lots of them. Will they be accessible to Ontario citizens in 5 years time? Probably not unless you wanna pay a non citizen lodge owner big bucks to fly into a lodge currently accessible by road

Sounds like the crown land is being privatized!

dude you have no idea

candian owned camps cry poor with good reason due to the economy/dollar but each year 20 more camps go non canadian fly in only

I grew up in this area and as the 3rd gen of a lodge owner times got tough so gramps sold

did I mention the original 9 camp locations were and still are on crown land?

but today even though I still have 11 minow alotments and trapping rights to the same area I have been ticketed by the mnr and had guns pulled on me by lodge owners when I have pulled a disabled lodge owned boat into thier dock

as background I left this area in 89 at the age of 20 and it was all canadian and this crap was unheard of. after a death in the fmily I moved back to keep the trapline/minnow thing in the family.

personaly I would have more rights as a canadian outfitter if i bought hunting/fishing rights in Montana

Archived