C102 Rosseau to Seguin?

Anyone have a feel for how the C102 is coming along this season?

A tough trail to get open I'm sure; but a beauty to ride when it is groomed and ready!!

Anyone have a feel for how the C102 is coming along this season?

A tough trail to get open I'm sure; but a beauty to ride when it is groomed and ready!!

Trail conditions update tomorrow if you send this question to admin@pssd.ca they can forward the question to the club. You are right it is a bear to open but I love it when it is open. It makes part of a great loop. There is SO MUCH I wish that I could say about the local trail conditions I really hate the box that the lawyers and the courts have forced us into.

Thx Bill...will check on the conditions update tomorrow. Still hard to get used to the new rules...I enjoyed being able to get an informal heads-up on what might be happening just like so many other folk...thanks for posting!!

Trail conditions update tomorrow if you send this question to admin@pssd.ca they can forward the question to the club. You are right it is a bear to open but I love it when it is open. It makes part of a great loop. There is SO MUCH I wish that I could say about the local trail conditions I really hate the box that the lawyers and the courts have forced us into.

WB, I, for one, don't understand the parameters of what can or can't be said about the trails. Please explain what's happened with the lawyers & courts.

WB, I, for one, don't understand the parameters of what can or can't be said about the trails. Please explain what's happened with the lawyers & courts.

He cannot speak to the issue and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, cannot answer your question. :-P

In response to fallout from lawsuits the OFSC has been forced to ask all of its clubs and directors to say no more than Open,Limited or Closed to prvent opposing lawyers from having any leverage against us

Is it an appropriate question to ask what kind of lawsuits the OFSC/Clubs receive? I can't quite understand it myself either with the acceptance of the inherent risks with respect to ever changing weather/conditions/landscape...they are trails not highways.

That is, I know I can go down a trail one way...and in the time it takes me to return a deadfall could have landed on the trail just on the far side of a sharp corner...OFSC/Clubs can't be liable for that can they? I could see there being an issue if they said a Lake Trail was open and there was only 1" of ice. But to actually be liable wouldn't it have to be an extreme case?

Is it time to write our MPP's?

In response to fallout from lawsuits the OFSC has been forced to ask all of its clubs and directors to say no more than Open,Limited or Closed to prvent opposing lawyers from having any leverage against us

Was there actaully a lawsuit or is the OFSC just being proactive before some one files a suit to cover thier ass?

Was there actaully a lawsuit or is the OFSC just being proactive before some one files a suit to cover thier ass?

Several lawsuits that make us hard to insure.No insurance=no landowners=no trails.

As for calling the mpp's We need to know what we are asking for. I like the New Brunswick setup but whether or not it would work in Ontario would need to be answered.

FYI...contacted Admin@pssd.ca as per WildBill's recommendation....

Received a prompt response. They are hoping to get started tomorrow afternoon which is great! Not sure how much work is ahead of the club but for those who enjoy that trail it is definitely encouraging news :-D

It's a shame the C102 isn't opened yet. I understand it is a difficult trail to open. The PSSD news letter I rec'd in December indicated a fair sum of $$ being allocated to improvement of this trail.....did the funds come too late?

In response to fallout from lawsuits the OFSC has been forced to ask all of its clubs and directors to say no more than Open,Limited or Closed to prevent opposing lawyers from having any leverage against us

It's probably just a matter of time that you won't be able to use the green color to indicate "open". Trails will be red or yellow only.

What's happened to our society - when something goes wrong, people try to make it someone else's fault. Some jacked up sledder riding a turbo crotch rocket wacks himself into a tree, then hires a lawyer to sue someone & claims it's their fault, not his own stupidity.

So it's better not to tell anyone there's a water hole, or a culvert out, because if you try to help others you are assuming responsibility for their welfare. This sucks.

Snowmobiling falls under the highway traffic act if i follow the laws governing this sport.

Do the same lines of logic work on the use of highways where only the ministry of Transport can give road conditions or can i sue the Television station for saying the road was ok but when i travelled on the highway it was snow covered and as a result had an accident?

Trying to find where someone will finally draw the line and say enough is enough and only the local club can actually say what the conditions are in the area.

I would rather trust this assesment than someone possibly 250 miles away.

Are you telling me that trail conditions only update on Friday?? I sort of thought they reflected "current" conditions! After all I do check them 9 times a day!! :)

Are you telling me that trail conditions only update on Friday?? I sort of thought they reflected "current" conditions! After all I do check them 9 times a day!! :)

It updates Mondays and Thursdays with other updates as needed.

Today C102 is listed as "Limited". :woot: It's a beautiful trail and makes a great loop. Bear in mind that last season "Limited" meant bareley passable. I was lucky I had a bendy windshield as I went under some of the fallen trees. :-o

Today C102 is listed as "Limited". :woot: It's a beautiful trail and makes a great loop. Bear in mind that last season "Limited" meant bareley passable. I was lucky I had a bendy windshield as I went under some of the fallen trees. :-o

• 2 weeks later...

On Saturday we did a loop of C201, Seguin, C102 & 350. The trails were fabulous. Just like in the magazines. :woot: Note: stay on the staked trails on lakes in the area. A foot of ice covered by a foot of slush and a foot of snow. My friends had to pry my thumb off the throttle Friday night. :-o:o

We did pretty much the same loop on Saturday as well...probably passed you on the trail somewhere. The 340/350 trails were in really good shape! The C102 is always a favourite...and the fact that you end up right at Crossroads certainly doesn't hurt :D

The only thing I found odd, travelling south on the 340...is that there seems to be an abandoned piece of trail? That is, you see two OFSC signs but the trail does not looked groomed whatsoever...we were road running at the time and looking for our way back on...we continued to follow some faint tracks along the side of the road until we picked up the main trail again (whew). It's just odd with all the liability worries we read on the forum that if a section of trail was closed/unmaintained the signs would be down? But then again, I may have it wrong...perhaps the trail is active and just couldn't be groomed (washout etc).

Certainly not a complaint...more of an observation...trails were in great shape!! Had a great day!!

On Saturday we did a loop of C201, Seguin, C102 & 350. The trails were fabulous. Just like in the magazines. :woot: Note: stay on the staked trails on lakes in the area. A foot of ice covered by a foot of slush and a foot of snow. My friends had to pry my thumb off the throttle Friday night. :-o:o

Hey Srummage:

Nice to meet up with you on Saturday at Crossroads. I was presently surprized by the great condition of the C102 considering it has has only been opened for a few weeks. Looks like many hours spent by the club installing new bridges and culverts. I remember a couple years back we broke this trail....or should I say it almost broke us...right MXZ Mike!!!

We saw that little piece of trail too. We rode it last year. It goes about 50 yards and you're back on the road. It's kind of confusing, probably why they didn't open it this year.:wtf:

It was nice to meet you too Freddydoo. How did you do in the poker?

We saw that little piece of trail too. We rode it last year. It goes about 50 yards and you're back on the road. It's kind of confusing, probably why they didn't open it this year.:wtf:

It was nice to meet you too Freddydoo. How did you do in the poker?

Hi Scrummage:

Not much more than a pair of Ace's. First 2 cards but couldn't draw a 3rd.....that's my luck though. Found a picture from Jan/09 from the C102. It appears they put a culvert in the same area this year....no picture but rode through the same spot this yr no problem.

post-19977-0-20307900-1297987827_thumb.jpg

Hi Scrummage:

Not much more than a pair of Ace's. First 2 cards but couldn't draw a 3rd.....that's my luck though. Found a picture from Jan/09 from the C102. It appears they put a culvert in the same area this year....no picture but rode through the same spot this yr no problem.

Oh yeah...it's all coming back to me now :-o

Archived