Trouble With the STOP Program?

revrnd

Thanks, Yukon.

There are two sides to every story. The initial news article was one-sided.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Yukon.

There are two sides to every story. The initial news article was one-sided.

The initial news article must have come from FOX news or something LOL....Its good to see the story was somewhat miss leading. however still to have 12 walk away when you only have a hundred or so people is still a big number.

Like any organization, it happens. Only the parties know 'why'. Personality clash? Promises made, but not kept? Heck - they may actually feel that the 'right' to arrest and/or chase sledders off trail is an impt. part of the position, and worth resigning over. Their choice. I believe that they put in years of service, and for that they have my sincere thanks.

These days..volunteer turn over is pretty big, no matter what the organization!

Sad but true.

Many volunteer fire departments are facing the same problems. It matters not if it is big city or rural area. Volunteer turn over is fairly significant.

Thanks Yuk! That's make the story make sense. :right_on:

When the STOP program was intro'd the sister in law asked a few questions. One of the things she was told was that where you were deployed was dependent upon the powers to be. You might have to go to areas outside of your club to patrol. Is this still the case.

These days..volunteer turn over is pretty big, no matter what the organization!

Sad but true.

Many volunteer fire departments are facing the same problems. It matters not if it is big city or rural area. Volunteer turn over is fairly significant.

Nah...forget it.... :headbang::headbang::headbang: Thanks Yukon. Always two sides.Isn't it amasing how quickly people get worked up without first trying to get "the other side"?

Nah...forget it.... :headbang::headbang::headbang: Thanks Yukon. Always two sides.Isn't it amasing how quickly people get worked up without first trying to get "the other side"?

Actually three sides. The truth usually is somewhere in the middle. I agree the article was pretty slanted and that is the jist of the information I had prior to the AGM as well. Having said that, the letter sent by Andy wasn't exactly unbiased either.

This came up tonight at the meeting. The original guy who sent the letter is hot headed / on a power trip - many weren't sad to see him go. We've had complaints about his methods in the past too.

Another good point brought up was the fact that the right to arrest has NEVER been used.

Archived