Echo Bay - Bruce Mines - Aubrey Falls

On My AXYS

It would be great to those groomers out of the garage soon!

Have you gotten any of this recent snow?

How much did you get for the 15th to 18th

It would be great to those groomers out of the garage soon!

Have you gotten any of this recent snow?

Not much here in the Soo (just West of the area you're talking about), the past couple days have been promising and the entire area is supposed to get a few more inches today - so if they're not open yet I suspect they will be very soon!

Everything is frozen solid - we've had good cold weather to create an awesome base, we just need some snow now!

Not much here in the Soo (just West of the area you're talking about), the past couple days have been promising and the entire area is supposed to get a few more inches today - so if they're not open yet I suspect they will be very soon!

Everything is frozen solid - we've had good cold weather to create an awesome base, we just need some snow now!

Thanks for the update - I will watch for the trails to open. We are heading up mid Feb to hook up with some buddies in the Soo

ASPA says the groomers are out - how about St. Joe's? Did they get snow down in the "Banana Belt"?

Several trails around the Soo are now OPEN, several more LIMITED.

I havent been east in awhile, so not sure what it is like out that way first hand.

I see on the ofsc website that D trail from Bruce Mines to Thessalon is now LIMITED.

Thanks - Still no word about the St. Joe's Island. Anybody been out there?

i am keeping an eye on this thread. hoping the F trail from elliot lake to aubrey falls, and then from aubrey to chapleau gets open soon.

also keeping an eye open for the d106a from searchmont to aubrey to open. itchen for the ENTIRE algoma loop to open.

ski

If you are in the north areas don't forget about the southern Algoma trails. The water crossings to St. Joseoh's island form Bruce mines and Neebish are gorgeous. Also the local trails BM1 and BM2 are excellent

D107 north east of Echo Bay are great too

The neat thing about these trails is that there is not alot of traffic in these areas

Everybody likes to head to Searchmont but that trail into Echo Bay on onto St. Joe's is special

Maybe we wll see some of you and the trails

NSS

PS the Picture is from two years ago. Keep doing the snow dance, maybe we will more snow this year

post-21831-0-51649600-1295902036_thumb.jpg

Lots of good ice but barely any snow..Was out on ST. Joes Island the other day in my truck. Not a lot of snow at all.. I used to love riding east of the Soo but they don't get the snow they used to. Snowing out now hopefully it will keep up!!

Lots of good ice but barely any snow..Was out on ST. Joes Island the other day in my truck. Not a lot of snow at all.. I used to love riding east of the Soo but they don't get the snow they used to. Snowing out now hopefully it will keep up!!

Thanks Kyzer

I'll keep dancin'

NSS

sent and email off to karen and gary of flame lake lodge. they say that the clubs are itchen to get at the trails but, inland where they are located hasnt recieved as much snow as the snowbelts near the big lake. they only have about a foot of snow. once they get alittle more, they will be heading out.

the area i am refering to for those that dont know is, aubrey falls to chapleau on the F trail north of elliot lake.

ski

Thanks Ski,

In the south it looks like they have been able to do some work on the trails on St Joe's Island

Echo bay is still reporting closed

If St Joes is getting some work you would think the D106 from Echo Bay north would have snow too.

The more remote trails are likely rougher and need more snow though

Hey Ski,

Maybe you would know, how long does it take to run from Echo Bay to Aubrey Falls?

this would be a good run for us when we are up there

Keep me posted on the conditions too-

NSS

if i remember right it was about 75 miles from echo bay (pit stop gas bar) to aubrey falls. for some reason, i really like that trail. i think you take echo bay 2 to d106a, to the F trail. you used to have to cross a bunch of lakes, and they were slushy, and at some of the narrows there could be open water. you also had to use portages between a few of the lakes. but a few years ago they had the d106a closed due to logging. after they reopened the d106a, the logging opperations had made roads around the portages, the clubs have since used the roads to make the tral "better".

we used to park at the pit stop, marty there was a great source of info for the areas grooming. he would let us park our trucks near the fuel station so they would be safe while we were out riding. we overnighted a few times, and never had anything happen to our vehicles.

like i said, he is a good person, and looks out for the sledders. ski

if i remember right it was about 75 miles from echo bay (pit stop gas bar) to aubrey falls. for some reason, i really like that trail. i think you take echo bay 2 to d106a, to the F trail. you used to have to cross a bunch of lakes, and they were slushy, and at some of the narrows there could be open water. you also had to use portages between a few of the lakes. but a few years ago they had the d106a closed due to logging. after they reopened the d106a, the logging opperations had made roads around the portages, the clubs have since used the roads to make the tral "better".

we used to park at the pit stop, marty there was a great source of info for the areas grooming. he would let us park our trucks near the fuel station so they would be safe while we were out riding. we overnighted a few times, and never had anything happen to our vehicles.

like i said, he is a good person, and looks out for the sledders. ski

Thanks Ski

That means it is doo-able for us

I like your advice from the other thread to play it by ear do to snow conditions

Has Echo Bay been grooming yet?

I am curious as to why Echo bay is still closed. Anybody know?

NSS

I am curious as to why Echo bay is still closed. Anybody know?

NSS

I am pretty sure it is because as of Feb 3rd there is only 8 inches of snow in the bush.

WOW

Thanks Panther

What is up with the snow fall the last few years

Maybe all those windmills along the shore of Superior are changing the weather patterns

Coincidence? I wonder....

Down here in Waterloo we have tons of snow

Maybe I will bring a few shovel fulls for you when I head up

NSS

Any more news fron Echo Bay - The local trails are still marked closed

NSS

As of Feb 8th still no new snow , but weather forecast suggests Echo Bay area might get an inch or two in next two days.

My track is taking a beating in my woodlot here. We need some snow !

As of Feb 8th still no new snow , but weather forecast suggests Echo Bay area might get an inch or two in next two days.

My track is taking a beating in my woodlot here. We need some snow !

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the information.

Hey Panther340

So ... Did you get any of the lake effect slider lube in the last day or so?

We have to stop the damage to that track

They got lots in the Soo but did it make it that far down the line?

We are heading up to Desbarats in a week or so

It would be great to get to Echo Bay though the local trail

NSS

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody update the conditions around Bruce Mines, Thessalon etc.

The trails are marked a limited

Echo Bay and Bruce Mines got maybe 2 inches of snow Friday Feb 18, but it came with very high winds so mainly just made random drifts, but better than nothing.

it is minus 15 C this morning Feb 22, but supposed to get closer to zero in next day.

Echo Bay and Bruce Mines got maybe 2 inches of snow Friday Feb 18, but it came with very high winds so mainly just made random drifts, but better than nothing.

it is minus 15 C this morning Feb 22, but supposed to get closer to zero in next day.

Thanks Panther

We are on our way up tomorrow, we may have to keep driving north till we hit snow

NSS

Archived