Lake Muskoka Ice Conditions

rippintheyammi

I didn't make it out this weekend but am going for a good ride with some buddies next weekend. Was wondering who has been on Lake Muskoka? I have heard that some of the inner channels are good but have not heard much aside from that. Let me know if ya'll have any info. Thanks!

I talked to my buddy and he went from acton island over to mortimers. Then over portage down to east bay. Did community center trail then ripped past new ark. Past cambells into gravenhurst bay. Said there was alot of snow and slush. Ice by mortimers to east bay was fast as it was newer

I talked to my buddy and he went from acton island over to mortimers. Then over portage down to east bay. Did community center trail then ripped past new ark. Past cambells into gravenhurst bay. Said there was alot of snow and slush. Ice by mortimers to east bay was fast as it was newer

Ya think??????????? two weeks ago there were whitecaps in east bay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the bottom of Muskoka was still open water. Me thinks your friend is a few bricks shy if he did that without physically checking the ice.

I am sure your bud wasn't stopping to take pictures. It was wide open in front of Breezy Point, across to milford bay and across to chaynemac on the 27th but it has also been very cold. Anyways, thanks for the update! I will probably stay off until it firms up.

With the temps the way the are if should firm up really soon. -26 right now according to the weather network....

Thanks for the thoughts stevo. How much snow actually fell this past week up there? I have been away and have just been able to guess based on the weather network. Forecast is looking good and I am sure with the additional snow all the trails should be open by the weekend. What do you think?

Thanks for the thoughts stevo. How much snow actually fell this past week up there? I have been away and have just been able to guess based on the weather network. Forecast is looking good and I am sure with the additional snow all the trails should be open by the weekend. What do you think?

with what was on the ground when I left this evening????????????????????????????

NO. :(

Need at least a foot of good packable snow.

I would venture to say if the forecast holds up we may be good by the weekend, 5-10 monday night, 10-15cm tuesday, 2-4cm on wed. with squalls so total that up with what we have and things are looking up. We have about 15cm on the ground right now but riding on the bay would say more.....

Also said there wasn't any blow ups. Yes he was quite aware that it was open water a few weeks ago.. But at -20 it shouldn't take too long..and no he wasn't stopping to take pictures. Lol but that would have been nice.

Also said there wasn't any blow ups. Yes he was quite aware that it was open water a few weeks ago.. But at -20 it shouldn't take too long..and no he wasn't stopping to take pictures. Lol but that would have been nice.

Thanks Yam_Apex and others for info. on the lake.

-26 last night.

Looks good, for the lakes at least.

• 3 weeks later...

Headed out on lake muskoka today and was wondering how it is? Any spots to watch out for? Or all good? Planning to head right down the lake past browning and hop on the trails at golden beach. Let me know. Thanks

Headed out on lake muskoka today and was wondering how it is? Any spots to watch out for? Or all good? Planning to head right down the lake past browning and hop on the trails at golden beach. Let me know. Thanks

Bublers, slush, open dams, rocks, stakes, docks,

googlr.jpg

Lake muskoka had some serious slush but managed to get through it. Saw a guy on brandy lake who decided to go off the stake line and got horribly stuck.

Beauty reply Blake. As always, you're really on top of things.

:right_on:

Archived