Snowcrest Riders Pancake Breakfast.

blakesnowcrest

Great turnout last year and great time meeting/riding together. Again this year breakfast is served at 10am with pancakes, sausages and hot coffee.

Marriot in Gravenhurst has an awesome sledder special and show your OFSC permit and get FREE breakfast Sunday if you decide to make it a weekend in Muskoka.

Again there will be a ride into the Walkers Point rec center leaving from Marriot staging lot at 9:30. Lots of free parking for trucks and trailers.

Snowcrest Riders hope to see you all again this year and pray for snow.

By car- hwy 169 between Bala and Gravenhurst exit Walkers Point Rd and follow to the rec center.

By Sled -- Meeting area Gravenhurst Marriot hwy 169 at the Gravenhurst warf.

Gravenhurst Wharf Map

Snowcrest Riders

trailmap_icon.jpg

:right_on:

Here are some pictures from last year.

Januray312010001.jpg

21050_286764746669_504956669_3448170_6920542_n.jpg

21050_286764761669_504956669_3448171_4002063_n.jpg

1002113ou.jpg

On my calendar!

Meeting people at the Marriot and driving out together is a nice touch.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone heading to the breakfast that wants to avoid the granite and swamps of the C101D and trail 12 and the boredom of just running up the big lake can join us at the Wharf boat ramp / parking lot at 9:30 am Saturday. I will be leading a group of folks up some lake / back lakes / little trails / lakes to the community center.

Thanks Doonut. Sledding over to Wharf Sat. am.

Thanks Doonut. Sledding over to Wharf Sat. am.

Looking forward to seeing you at the brunch.

Whats Wrong With trail 12?

Trail Condition Notes Updated

B-North-Closed

B-South-Closed

C101D Open -from Muskoka Wharf to TOP D Limited from Gravenhurst Wharf to Southwood Rd.

D-North-Open From C101D to Trail 44

D-South-Limited from C101D to Kahshe Lake (Kashse Lake is staked, Use caution and cross at your own risk)

3 Closed

4 Limited From the TOP D-Trail to B105

5 Closed

7 Closed

9 Limited

10 Limited

12 Limited

14 Limited

15 Limited From Trail 4 to North Muldrew Lake Rd, follow Muldrew Lake Road to C101D: Sparrow, North & South Muldrew Lakes and McLeans Bay are all staked (Use caution and cross at your own risk)

Its all good now.

We had a groomer/swamp issue

other than a severe lack of groomable snow or the over abundance of granite, nothing at all. It is however still CLOSED( edit "limited" ) right now because one of the tractor groomers broke through a few swamps again enroute to rescue the the new piston bully groomer which lost a track trying to do the 12.

That tends to leave the swamps a nasty, jagged frozen mess and with no real new snow, no way to groom them out.

I see Blake just posted it as limited. I would say thats almost a stretch. At least from what I saw of it yesterday.

Thanks but I won't be heading to the pancake breakfast via the c101d / 12 unless we get a major dumping of packable snow this week. My route leaves more carbide and studs on your sled. :)

I plan on meeting people that are riding from Orilla and south of gravnhurst at 9am at the intersection of trails 15&4.

let me know.

I plan on meeting people that are riding from Orilla and south of gravnhurst at 9am at the intersection of trails 15&4.

let me know.

Blake I will let my son Matthew know about you meeting up at 15&4.He is going to the pancake

breakfast anyway.If he shows up he is just a little fellow (320 lbs.)driving a 2010 blacked out

Arctic Cat Turbo EXT.

Blake I will let my son Matthew know about you meeting up at 15&4.He is going to the pancake

breakfast anyway.If he shows up he is just a little fellow (320 lbs.)driving a 2010 blacked out

Arctic Cat Turbo EXT.

sounds good.

i have him on facebook

Saturday, here we come.

I'd love to join you guys this saturday but the trails that lead to the event look bleec.... the C101D is very rough, the road run from the wharf is BARE, the 15 will be a tough ride for anyone coming up from severn. In town of gravenhurst the roads are bare and lots of it. With out snow these trails are hurting, just my opinion......

I'd love to join you guys this saturday but the trails that lead to the event look bleec.... the C101D is very rough, the road run from the wharf is BARE, the 15 will be a tough ride for anyone coming up from severn. In town of gravenhurst the roads are bare and lots of it. With out snow these trails are hurting, just my opinion......

My buddy just rode C101D and the walkers point trails. He said they were awesome and was not expecting the good quality of the trails.

Some people are running Lake Muskoka to the breakfast too...

Also, Trails 15 and 4 have been groomed.

Steveo - hope in your vehicle then and drive out to Walkers Point. Help support the club and meet some great people.

Hop in your vehicle then and drive out to Walkers Point.

I was going to ride the lakes down from Parry Sound, but given the conditions (and one unfamiliar lake section), will drive to the event and sled later in the day. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces.

Ewe can run, but ewe can't hide.

(as they say in the mouse house :-P )

See you tomorrow Canuck. Our group will likely be rolling in closer to noon.

Yup, shure was a good day. Some of us met up at 15 & 4 and headed up to walkers point to get some pancakes and sausages. After that, a group of us headed up and did the Lake Muskoka loop.

Thanks to Doonut for some of the shortcuts. You shure know the area well.

We started with 20 of us and finished with 9 of us. I dont know where the others went.

Dident take alot of pictures today

pancakebreakfast006.jpg

pancakebreakfast005.jpg

pancakebreakfast004.jpg

pancakebreakfast002.jpg

pancakebreakfast007.jpg

how where the trails Blake?

how where the trails Blake?

Trails were fantastic for the most part, it was a full bag of sled conditions, dirt, rocks, powder, and groomed perfection. LOL.

Archived