Wawa??

CjGaughan

I'm in the Soo - our snow conditions are dysmal. It's been cold enough but no frikken snow!

Was thinking on trailering up to Wawa - anyone have any insight on the conditions up in that neck of the woods?

Jones Powersports in Wawa posts on this site once in a while. Trail goes right by their shop. If you don't get an answer on the forum, give them a call.

I'm in the Soo - our snow conditions are dysmal. It's been cold enough but no frikken snow!

Was thinking on trailering up to Wawa - anyone have any insight on the conditions up in that neck of the woods?

No trails open yet. We have a good base but need some new snow to give us enough to work with to cover the rough sections. I groomed a bit last night and we will continue to get the prep work done while anticipating a few more inches.

Gord we broke trail 8 and 9 over the weekend. trail 8 is good with no trees on trail. trail 9 has 3 or 4 trees. we had no saw so we went around them. it looks like u could just cut the buts and push them out of the way. the ponds on 8 are frozen well. the d trail was nice for what u had to work with. thank you for all your hard work! we sure enjoy it! Thanks from the crew at whitefish lake.

Gord we broke trail 8 and 9 over the weekend. trail 8 is good with no trees on trail. trail 9 has 3 or 4 trees. we had no saw so we went around them. it looks like u could just cut the buts and push them out of the way. the ponds on 8 are frozen well. the d trail was nice for what u had to work with. thank you for all your hard work! we sure enjoy it! Thanks from the crew at whitefish lake.

thanks guys. good to hear.

We definately have a lot of down trees to deal with this year.

Heading out to stake wawa lake right now.

-30c BRRR

Hi Jonesy,

I saw facebook first and just got my answer about Hawk lake from this thread.

We sometimes come up from the Soo and take the "old trail" cut through to Hawk Junction. We just use Tik Road and cross the bridge on Hyw. 101 over the river. Then cut back to Whitefish Lake and follow it around to Trail #8. That is great riding on the #9 & #8 loops!

Thanks for the great job your club does with so few hands!

Thanks for the effort!

When did you start staking Wawa?

Why?

Some OFSC regs?

When did you start staking Wawa?

Why?

Some OFSC regs?

They have been staking since the trail over the hill has been closed.

That is the trail to hawk now. It has been atleast 4 years that they have staked Wawa Lake.

Gotcha!

We always crossed the lake, but your right - it wasn't the actual trail at that time.

That s'plains why Hawk was always staked then...

There was a small lake / giant pond on the trail from Manitauwadge to Caramat that the trail crossed. It was mid season but no-one had been through yet, and we had a heck'uva time finding the exit off of there.

Finally found it and spent the next 2 hours trying to climb the big hill in the trees as the snow was deep and soft! :right_on:

The D South is now packed to Halfway haven.

-40C temps this morning put a detour in our plan to head to halfway haven at 630AM with the drag.

By 11am we had the furnace in the garage fixed and the groomer running and put inside so I can do some fuel line changes and have it ready to head to Halfway monday or tuesday.

167097_159475090771875_146129902106394_368846_1856073_n.jpg

We will be heading South to halfway haven tomorrow morning. We got a good amount of snow the last few days, so have been waiting for it to stop coming down before we head out.

The BR is down with a leaky lift pump so the Tucker will continue working on the rest of the trails when it's back from halfway.

Our D north is open and D south is limited. T5 is also open.

Hopefully I'll have time to do 8, 9 and 14 this weekend.

We will be heading South to halfway haven tomorrow morning. We got a good amound of snow the last few day so have been waiting for it to stop coming down before we head out.

The BR is down with a leaky lift pump to the Tucker will condtinue working on the rest of the trails when it's back from halfway.

Our D north is open and D south is limited. T5 is also open.

Hopefully I'll have time to do 8, 9 and 14 this weekend.

keep up the good work Gord :right_on:

Russ groomed trail 7 to the magpie reservoir tonight and I just finished packing trails 8 and 9. Hope to pack 14 and drag 8 and 9 before the end of the weekend.

This year is the most snow I've had opening 9 since it was made. Things are shaping up!

Russ groomed trail 7 to the magpie reservoir tonight and I just finished packing trails 8 and 9. Hope to pack 14 and drag 8 and 9 before the end of the weekend.

This year is the most snow I've had opening 9 since it was made. Things are shaping up!

Well that's encouraging! :-D

Never knew cell phones had audio too!

"Groom through the jungle"

8-)

Never knew cell phones had audio too!

"Groom through the jungle"

8-)

we don't have 4g but we have cell phones with sound lol.

T8,9 loop and t14 are now groomed. Miss High maintenance broke down at the end of wawa lake though. :(

Had some helpers to open the trail to manitowik lk trail 14

167631_161623693890348_146129902106394_382884_5132628_n.jpg

The Br180 ended the weekend like this....

167885_161621867223864_146129902106394_382873_3344473_n.jpg

it couldn't have picked a better place to pack it in though!

Damn chainsaw wouldn't start.

180045_161623630557021_146129902106394_382880_3430985_n.jpg

Assuming that the first pic is not a gag photo, then I must guess that you have a very heavy crusted layer near the top?

Assuming that the first pic is not a gag photo, then I must guess that you have a very heavy crusted layer near the top?

They are kneeling :headbang::rotflmao:

Archived