A little video to spice things up...

Yukon

Went for a nice ride with some friends on Saturday , enjoying some of what District 8 had to offer special thanks to Sno Voyageurs Club and Georgian Bay Snow Riders for making a great day for us . We toured up to Cedar Point then back down to Midland and over to the Georgian Bay Islands National Park (Beausolei Island).

Totaling about 250km , stellar day.

Here's the video highlights

:woot:

One of the best snowmobile videos I've ever watched.

The start was special. A view up to the tall trees.

Kudos to the videographer and editor.

:right_on::right_on:

One of the best snowmobile videos I've ever watched.

The start was special. A view up to the tall trees.

Kudos to the videographer and editor.

:right_on::right_on:

He just bought a gopro cam and it was his first edit with the new footage , will be more to come over the winter......

Awesome, Hows the Cam mounted for the Front to back shots?

Awesome, Hows the Cam mounted for the Front to back shots?

Suction cup on mount , helmet cam clips into a braket mount ....

Suction cup on mount , helmet cam clips into a braket mount ....

Great Video

Thanks

Cool video, the wide angle lens makes it look like your about 10 feet tall from the helmet shots.

Got a GoPro for Christmas haven't got to play with it much yet, but can't wait.

What is the camera type?...Go Pro? Is colour available?

What trail is this...I'd like to try it soon.

Thanks.

Great video...going up on Friday. Where do you access the crossing to Beausoleil Island?

Thanks

Paul

pgriff800@i-zoom.net

Where do you access the crossing to Beausoleil Island?

From Penetang or Midland (trail goes out to the island, and then you have the choice of riding the island trail. Often bumpy, so if it's a rough start on the trail, it will continue to be rough). Find a group of sledders 'on shore', and they may head out that way.

From Honey Harbour. A bit trickier, because you have to veer right as you come down the boat ramp in front of the General Store. Again, best done following someone who's been there before.

( I suppose you can also access from Victoria Harbour, Waubeshine, etc. but that's tricky and not recommended).

From Penetang or Midland (trail goes out to the island, and then you have the choice of riding the island trail. Often bumpy, so if it's a rough start on the trail, it will continue to be rough). Find a group of sledders 'on shore', and they may head out that way.

From Honey Harbour. A bit trickier, because you have to veer right as you come down the boat ramp in front of the General Store. Again, best done following someone who's been there before.

( I suppose you can also access from Victoria Harbour, Waubeshine, etc. but that's tricky and not recommended).

Thanks Canuck,

We are no longer using the boat launch at the town Dock , it was degrading to much with all the traffic . We now have a land use agreement with the Church next door , which has allowed us to run the trail through the Parking lot (Closed in Winter to cars) and run to the ice from there...

Signs are in place for direction so should'nt be any trouble finding it , makes for a better straight shot through town with less turns as well ....

Thanks YC.

(it's less than 100 metres from the old ramp, so not a major re-route. The ramp was icy, at times)

Very nice of the church to permit access.

The ice run from Honey Harbour to Beauseloil and then to Midland/Penetang is one of the nicer rides in Ontario (IMHO).

Thanks YC.

(it's less than 100 metres from the old ramp, so not a major re-route. The ramp was icy, at times)

Very nice of the church to permit access.

The ice run from Honey Harbour to Beauseloil and then to Midland/Penetang is one of the nicer rides in Ontario (IMHO).

When your around for the weekend locally give me a shout , I'll show you a nice ride through some bush trails and back lakes , lots out there thats for sure ..

You have my number still ?

When your around for the weekend locally give me a shout , I'll show you a nice ride through some bush trails and back lakes , lots out there thats for sure ..

You have my number still ?

Yes - will call you next week.

It's been cold up there recently. Low spots freezing up?

Thanks. I guess I was wondering which trail you took on the video. I have not sledded in Midland or Penetang and was wondering if the club trails just run right on to the lake, making that crossing easy to find. Was it at the end of a certain trail number, or did you have to run some streets and off trail stuff.

Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks

Archived