Earliest start i can remember

SkiDooStu

This is the earliest in SW Ontario that I can remember in my lifetime that I've been able to drive my sled without worrying about the carbides and sliders. I'm going to get up tomorrow and go out and hopefully take some pictures.

Very cool.

Hope everyone is doing well... Cheers to a great start.

We were riding mid-November in 95/96 in central Ontario. I think that was my best season.

I was out on my old sled the other day - we had a good foot on the ground. Put a few miles on some local trails (riding back and forth mind you :P ), no problems whatsoever.

Come on snow!!! Supposed to stay cold anyways... calling for -20 up here in the Soo on Thursday morning. Our groomers have been out packing also.

Well I never remember have to finish teh bow season for deer with a sled instead of an ATV in the southern regions...

I was out on my old sled the other day - we had a good foot on the ground. Put a few miles on some local trails (riding back and forth mind you :P ), no problems whatsoever.

Come on snow!!! Supposed to stay cold anyways... calling for -20 up here in the Soo on Thursday morning. Our groomers have been out packing also.

Good to hear that the groomers are out packing already - hopefully a good season of riding up your way this year! :right_on:

Lots of ditch banging today on my new sled... take a look!

How you liking that 500, little goo-be-gone will clean those old permit stickers right off.

I remember my first ride on my 500ss got stuck a bunch of times, the new style sleds don'r float on the powder the way my 91 Indy did :wtf:

How you liking that 500, little goo-be-gone will clean those old permit stickers right off.

I remember my first ride on my 500ss got stuck a bunch of times, the new style sleds don'r float on the powder the way my 91 Indy did :wtf:

Naw that's just b/c it is a skidoo :rotflmao:

I went for a ride from Singhampton Friday night, so that was Dec 10.

About ten years ago we had the same kind of lake effect snows combined with a storm and I believe we were on southern Ontario trails around the 15th.

So far I love it. Very comfortable comapred to my mxz.. Only problem is it doesn't handle the ditches like my 1999 mxz did. oh well. this one is pretty much the mini van of sleds...

So far I love it. Very comfortable comapred to my mxz.. Only problem is it doesn't handle the ditches like my 1999 mxz did. oh well. this one is pretty much the mini van of sleds...

Mines the GSX so its a little lighter but a pig off trail, unless you can stay on the gas

Archived