The Official 2011 Halfway Haven Conditions Thread

Ox

Let's see:

10 minutes to fix a radius rod

One stuck where I took the corner too tight in the trees....

One stuck on the hydro trying to link two tower trails.... (Blame this one on running fat)

All told don't come close to your belt issue. I have the pic somewhere... Hoping not to hafta go find it.

It's not already loaded onto photobucket, so let's not make me doo it eh?

B/c I would hafta post that same pic forty leven times to show the duration .....

although - your chumms nose dive WAS a good pic! :coffeespit:

Hmmmm. Fergot about the belt thing. Didn't know the cameras were out then. I'm good with letting that sleeping dog lie. But yur right about Jeff's nosedive. I think he's fair game.

post-20244-0-10379200-1295234144_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is so much funny with that short post!

CoffeSpit.gif

:rotflmao:

:-D

Gail says that it has been comming down all day today, so look for an update soon!

Maybe be thinkin' aboot loading up finally?

Here is an e-mail conversation. I am little boy blue, and Gail is the Lady in Red. Let's keep it strait eh?

How about that update?

I think some guys are waiting by the door with their truck keys in hand. LOL!

Hi Chad!

Well, after all the snow fell, I think we picked up about 5 inches here. And I called Searchmont, they seem to have a total of about 8" on the ground they tell me.

The Sault Trailblazers plan to groom up to us on Saturday (if everything goes according to plan!!!!!!), and Wawa is going to try to make it down to us this weekend also. I will forward you the Wawa report---you probably already have it---------------------- and I'm not going to do a snow report until I see the groomer in my yard-----just in case!!!!

And yes, everyone is certainly antsy to ride----------Jan. 20th indeed!!!!

Bye for now

Gail

Hello Everyone!

Well, it's -25 C. as I type this, so a cold Northern Ontario morning!!!

Good news, the Sault Trailblazers groomer arrived here late last night, and they are working their way back to Searchmont today! Wawa Snoriders are working their way down, and I hope to see them today or tomorrow----------so hopefully if all the plans work out! (---extreme cold weather often throws hitches into plans!), the trail system to us will be open by Monday!!!!

I also had a call from one of my Chapleau riders, and he hoped to break trail from Chapleau to us today, so we'll see how that works out also!

I'll keep you posted!!!

Bye for now

Gail

Hello!

Sooo........we are now groomed from the Sault, the groomer left this am. back to Searchmont

and we are packed from Wawa, and to be groomed from Wawa early this week.

Apparently lots of snow between here and Wawa-----------and not as much coming from Searchmont---but we expect more snow in the next couple of days------so off to bake pies!!

Bye

Gail

and

Hi!

Foregot to say, never did see my Chapleau riders----------it's been very cold, -37 this am -------so will update you soon as traffic starts to flow!!

Bye

Gail

Hello Everyone!

Well, the Wawa SnoRiders groomer just left the yard heading back to Wawa, so now we are groomed both from the south & the north!! The trail looks beautiful (while out on my dog walk).

We've had about 4 in. of new snow since Sault Trailblzers groomed from Searchmont, and expect quite a few riders this weekend, so will let you know how they enjoy the ride!

So far it's been very quiet, but hopefully will turn into winter traffic by this weekend!

Bye for now

Gail

Thinking about that ride into Halfway Haven brings a smile to my face.

Thanks for the report.

The groomer is supposed to take another run up there tonight or tomorrow.

Our annual club ride to halfway is this weekend also. Should be good hopefully.

we are waiting for news on the chapleau side. once they get the F trail open from chapleau to missanabi, and then south from chapleau to aubrey falls, the mrs and i will be heading there to do the entire algoma loop. ski

Good Morning!!!

We picked up about 4" of new snow here last night (just that light floofy snow ---is floofy a real word?), and my riders tell me the trail from Searchmont to us is good (there are a few rocks showing---not great depth of snow yet), but they are repeat riders, and rated it good!! And they pushed on towards Wawa and said it was better yet---as more snow snow has accumulated at that end!\

Off to shovel off my WELCOME mat for you!!

Bye

Gail

It all sounds great Gail. We are looking forward to seeing you in mid-February.

Hi!

The Sault Trailblazer groomer is in the yard-------------so newly groomed from Searchmont again!!!

Bye

Gail

• 2 weeks later...
Good Morning!

The Sault Trailblazers groomed up to us on Saturday.

Sat. & Sun. riders are saying the trail is quite good, and they are enjoying the ride! They tell us the trail is good right out of the Soo, and up to Hearst.

We had riders from Chapleau, so the Chapleau trail is now broke, and also a good ride!

We picked up a couple new inches of snow over the weekend

And that's about it for Halfway Haven news!!!!

Over & Out

gail

Hi Everyone!!

Yes, new snow to report, picked up about 5 in. last night, but the groomer came up from Searchmont last night, and he said there was about 8" to a 12" on the trail, so newly groomed up, and he just headed back to Searchmont at 10:00 this morning! So trails should be good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bey for now!

Gail

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND GOOD NEWS, WE RECEIVED ABOUT 8" OF NEW SNOW OVERNITE, SO IT IS A WINTERWONDERLAND THIS AM

HAD RIDERS OVER FROM CHAPLEAU YESTERDAY, SO THE WILDERNESS TRAIL BROKE AGAIN, MIND YOU NEW SNOW ON IT AGAIN OVERNITE

TRAILS ARE NOT VERY BUSY, BUT THE RIDERS THAT ARE ON THEM ARE ENJOYING THE RIDE!!!

BYE FOR NOW, OFF TO LOOK FOR MY CHOCOLATES & FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!!! THIS MIGHT TAKE ME A WHILE!!!!!!!!!!

GAIL

Hi Everyone!

The Wawa Sno Riders groomer came tru yesterday, and went back last night. Yesterday was mild here, but no rain, and today sofar quite mild---but no rain--------and it's to cool backdown tonight, and get back to normal winter temperatures! So we shold weather this mild spell just fine I think!

Bye for now

Gail

OX

thanks for the up-dates :right_on:

this makes me feel a little better about going this weekend

we still are waiting until sunday and going up.

zrtkat

This is too cool. Thanks for the updates from Halfway Haven and of course OX. This is really appreciated believe me! :coffeenose:

Hi Everyone!

We weathered the warm spell quite well! Just drizzle here, and now snowy/blowy & cold. Riders tru today from Searchmont & Wawa, saying the trails are very good (one rated them 9 out of 10), I guess a few icy patches, but for the most part very good! And todays new snow is helping!!

So, we're back to winter conditions here!!

Bye for now

Gail

Good news guys! :wavey:

Hi!

The Sault Trailblazers groomer came up from Searchmont last night, and is headed back today. We also picked up a couple of inches of new snow last night, apparently with more to follow this weekend.

So the trails are good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye

Gail

Good news guys! :wavey:

Good news for the 6 of us heading to Halfway for 2 nights tomorrow. We'll leave you some tracks around the boulders so you'll know where to ride Ox. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Good Morning!!

Sorry, I`ve been a little lax sending reports, I tell myself I`m busy!!!

Anyhow, newly groomed from Searchmont on Saturday, so that trail is in real nice shape. Still not many riders on it, trail traffic has been slow this year.

Riders tell me the trail from Wawa, from the dam to here is rough.

It`s lightly snowing as I type, so trails are still holding up well!!

Just checked my long range weather for this area, and to be below freeezing all week with light snow, so should be good to go for the next week!!

Over & Out

Gail

Gail

you mentioned halfway to wawa is rough-is it stand up 30 mph all the way or just in spots?

we are riding this friday-stopping for lunch in 1/2way we need to get to wawa that nite.

will this be groomed by then ?

any info from anyone would be helpfull

thanks

Gail

you mentioned halfway to wawa is rough-is it stand up 30 mph all the way or just in spots?

we are riding this friday-stopping for lunch in 1/2way we need to get to wawa that nite.

will this be groomed by then ?

any info from anyone would be helpfull

thanks

Left Wawa Saturday morning at 8:30 am and we were in Searchmont before 2:00 pm, Wawa to Halfway was rough, lots of standup, a nice physical and challenging ride it was :)

Archived