Lodging in Missanabee (Near ernies?)

northlander

I was gunna ask a cpl weeks ago - Is Shirely (?) at OSSI still out there? I haven't seen a post or word from her in a cpl yrs now.

(Not sure if I got the name right, it's been a while.)

i think her name was Gloria, at sometimes snowed in. they were halfway between dub and ernies. we have been by there but i have never stopped in. not sure if they are opened in the winter any longer. ski

Sheila! (Maybe she's an Aussie? ;) )

Purdy sure that's right. (Or some variation of that spelling anyhow.)

We were there many yrs ago, checked it out, but never stayed there.

My chumm called her before our first trip in '96 and asked aboot staying there, but once she fingered out that we were wanting to unload and ride from there she explained that she was "literally" Snowed Inn! She told us to call Willie. So we stopped on our way past to say thanks and such.

I remember her posting aboot folks bear hunting too....

Yeah He has Place to Stay Ernie, It's Mobile Homes, They Are Clean, I Use to Stay There once a Week when I use to groom up to Dalton. They are proud people and they keep the Place Spotless.

AS for the Place In Localsh, its OSSI, and Her name is Sheilla. Gloria is the place on the trail Near Dalton. They open for a Coupke Of years but they Shut down for the Winter.

Well her site doesn't come up anymore. Looks like she musta gave up the web address b/c this doesn't look like her... http://snodinn.com/

I even ran a search for Localsh and Snowed Inn but the best I came up with looked to be some old post aboot an old sledding trip from someone. LOL!

LOTS aboot the diamond drillers and ghost town in there tho! I guess we never seen the town. Is there more than where they were?

I remember her posting her snow meter right at the corner with Luc all but clipping it off when he turned around. LOL! (Well that's what it looked like from the pics anyhow. :oops: )

Gotta go plow snow, maybe play later fellers! :wavey:

Archived