? Groomer Whereabouts tonight?

windsurfnut

Grooming frequency is being reduced right now because of Budget , don't expect perfection across the board and you will do alright. We need new snow the trails are getting a lot of traffic from people trailering to snow. Every sled and Groomer pass makes the snow structure change and doesn't bind the same the snow gets thrown like sand.

Du Ya Wanna , Higland Rovers and Algonquin trails are your best bet , other clubs within are getting moguled and thin from heavy traffic and lack of new snow.

I havent been out this weekend because of the traffic and warm days , but I would stick to some feeder trails , I would think the 80 series trails north of Port Sydney should be good , you could go north up there and loop back to BB , maybe someone will chime in with a recent update

Snowcrest riders groom 6out of 7 nights but you cant tell they were groomed by the end of the day. we have stoped untill we get more snow. :(:(

I havent been out this weekend because of the traffic and warm days , but I would stick to some feeder trails , I would think the 80 series trails north of Port Sydney should be good , you could go north up there and loop back to BB , maybe someone will chime in with a recent update

88 was Beauty yesterday. And D from the 88 junction all the way to the floating bridge was surprisingly good. Great, in fact !

There always seems to be a reason not to groom, last night was the perfect night to groom, even with the snow that is still here, temps were ideal, if you are not going to groom say so don't leave the trails on the OFSC website listed as open, regarding budgets, not enough snow etc., but the one that makes me weak is the budget give me a friggin' break. - Bill

There always seems to be a reason not to groom, last night was the perfect night to groom, even with the snow that is still here, temps were ideal, if you are not going to groom say so don't leave the trails on the OFSC website listed as open, regarding budgets, not enough snow etc., but the one that makes me weak is the budget give me a friggin' break. - Bill

Bill you are correct. Why havent any OC'ers gotten on here and freaked at that. Why haven't any of them asked why in mid february is a budget a concern? Why hasnt anyone asked why the clubs are being run on a shoestring budget? Money shouldnt be a concern. Budget shouldnt be a concern. The only concern that should be addressed is not having enough snow. Now thats an insurmountable issue. Budget should not be.

it was too warm on sunday to groom +5 and the drag blades will turn up rocks and dirt, come on you should know this stuff!!! it didn't get cold til late last night, would have been great to get out, hopefully some clubs did, not all can.

Bill with all doo respect your business survives on sledders & the trail system, get involved (if you already are, get involved more), why didn't you volunteer to groom last night if it was so important to you?

For most areas grooming last night would of been a royal waste of time and money, the snow was still far to moisture laden and would of just balled up and made a mess,and it would of ripped the trails ass to tea kettle.

NO shortage of dockside captians not willing to actually get on board the ship. :poke:

I heard a new term last weekend - 'Club Trails'. Trail 88 (STG's recommendation)is a Club Trail. Not a TOP trail (which we know, use and abuse). Rather, a small trail, often a loop, maintained by the club. Join a couple of those together, and have a blast.

Look for info. on those trails - have a great ride.

Canadoo you have no idea what I do for snowmobiling in my area or elsewhere, not only in the winter but in the off season as well, my business does survive on snowmobilers but if you think it relies on Ontario sledders alone for business you absolutely have no idea at all. Well Captain Nutter maybe in your area that was the case but not here. If you read my post the one thing I take exception with is being told now that the lack of funds is the reason some trails aren't being groomed. - Bill

Rode out of bracebridge, up the D, over to Deerhurst, around to dorset, baysville and back to Bracebridge.

For the most part, the trails were in great shape, as best I could expect for the condidtions. South of Baysville over to Bracebridge sucked, and getting in and out of Dorset was low on snow, but overall a great job from the clubs that took the time to groom.

Thanks!

For most areas grooming last night would of been a royal waste of time and money, the snow was still far to moisture laden and would of just balled up and made a mess,and it would of ripped the trails ass to tea kettle.

NO shortage of dockside captians not willing to actually get on board the ship. :poke:

Which ship would that be? If its a ship that has run out of money mid-season, that would be a sinking ship now wouldnt it? :poke:

Which ship would that be? If its a ship that has run out of money mid-season, that would be a sinking ship now wouldnt it? :poke:

I guess the good news is that there is no snow. :roll:

STG we received about 6" of snow last night and more supposed to be coming!!!!!!!!!

Bad News !! It's not supposed to snow in February - we've run out of money ! :-P:-P:-P

Is there a pot stirring smilie ?

I couldn't find it. :-P

STG we received about 6" of snow last night and more supposed to be coming!!!!!!!!!

Bad News !! It's not supposed to snow in February - we've run out of money ! :-P:-P:-P

Is there a pot stirring smilie ?

I couldn't find it. :-P

pot.gif

Sell or relocate one groomer from the areas that have had no or little snow this year, and other years and pay for the entire fuel budget of four or five clubs....

How do you sustain grooming equipment in areas that have very short/unfavourable seasons? There are towns in Ontario that have grooming equipment that recieve more rain than snow in the winter months. Pay someone to float the stuff around IF needed.

Scott

There are towns in Ontario that have grooming equipment that recieve more rain than snow in the winter months.

And those areas are predominantly rural areas. Why not rent a tractor from a farmer as needed? Many clubs outside of Ontario use bog-standard agricultural tractors to pull their drags. I'm sure the clubs have their reasons, but it is still interesting to discuss.

There are towns in Ontario that have grooming equipment that recieve more rain than snow in the winter months.

And those areas are predominantly rural areas. Why not rent a tractor from a farmer as needed? Many clubs outside of Ontario use bog-standard agricultural tractors to pull their drags. I'm sure the clubs have their reasons, but it is still interesting to discuss.

Some Manufactuers of modified tractors have addressed this opportunity already... Take the avaerage ag tractor, send a self install groomer traction kit, convert it in a couple days, convert it back in less than a day... Sure some tools and heavy equip may be required but every farm equip dealer has this... and guess what, likely more than one customer that would likely share the lease/mortgage of the tractor in the off (farming) season, it's a win/win. Way less capital expense, and very low payment in the season when clubs don't make a ton of money. AND tractor trailors can still MOVE THE EQUIP AROUND. Share the equipment!

Scott

Archived