• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 5alive

5alive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationontario
  • Previous or Other Sleds:06 apex,05 900 confusion,03rx1,01 srx,98 srx, etc.
  • Club:pssd
  • Sled:08 apex
  • 09/10 Mileage:6,000 kms

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:23 PM

hopefully some one can help me here, on the ofsc parry sound snowmobile trail conditions website it says "lake not staked NO BUSSINESS SUPPORT" (trail #211) as i recall there is only one big resort on otter lake, does this mean they do not support us or our money is no good to them? any clarification, perhaps i am mistaken i certainly hope so

#2 Wildbill

Wildbill

Rosseau Road Powersports & Marine

• Sponsors
  • 9,116 posts
  • Website URL:http://www.rosseauroad.on.ca

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

hopefully some one can help me here, on the ofsc parry sound snowmobile trail conditions website it says "lake not staked NO BUSSINESS SUPPORT" (trail #211) as i recall there is only one big resort on otter lake, does this mean they do not support us or our money is no good to them? any clarification, perhaps i am mistaken i certainly hope so

The club approached them for the trail that they would stake it as it serves thier business and they have not responded . The trail is costly to maintain and burns up volunteer hours we hope that they will get more involved in the future as they learn the size of the market.

#3 5alive

5alive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationontario
  • Previous or Other Sleds:06 apex,05 900 confusion,03rx1,01 srx,98 srx, etc.
  • Club:pssd
  • Sled:08 apex
  • 09/10 Mileage:6,000 kms

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

thanks wildbill, unfortunatly that is what i suspected, as you said it might take them a while to realize the importance of snowmobile trafic to their bussiness in the winter it is a little different than having a resort in collingwood relying on the down hill skiers
hey bill, can we drink beer at your shop during cub meetings?

#4 Wildbill

Wildbill

• Sponsors
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

thanks wildbill, unfortunatly that is what i suspected, as you said it might take them a while to realize the importance of snowmobile trafic to their bussiness in the winter it is a little different than having a resort in collingwood relying on the down hill skiers
hey bill, can we drink beer at your shop during cub meetings?

The OFSC has a zero tolerance policy on alchohol during club meetings . Drop by and say hi sometime .

#5 bbakernbay

bbakernbay

North Bay S.C.

• Club Moderators
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:29 PM

Good for you and your Club WildBill and even better when you put your business name out there stating an opinion.

I really can't believe how some businesses ignore their area Club.

We did the same thing a few years ago and never regretted it.

IMHO, if we don't get the benefitting businesses more involved and as well as the 90% of riders who believe all they have a responsibility to do is buy a Trail Permit, then snowmobiling will be in a major decline in 5 years.

In North Bay SC, we only have 6 Directors and about 6 major Volunteers to look after 3 groomers and 250 km of trails and all that goes with that.

It gets discouraging when everyone takes everything for granted.

#6 camxz

camxz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:33 PM

Is there an e-mail address for the business that would benefit from a staked trail to their door? I'd be happy to send them a note letting them know I would love to patronize them with dozens of friends (always looking for good destinations), but not willing to travel on unstaked lakes to get there.

#7 Wildbill

Wildbill

• Sponsors
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

Is there an e-mail address for the business that would benefit from a staked trail to their door? I'd be happy to send them a note letting them know I would love to patronize them with dozens of friends (always looking for good destinations), but not willing to travel on unstaked lakes to get there.

harvey@kellermans.com

#8 madlar

madlar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA
  • 09/10 Mileage:600

Posted 05 March 2010 - 03:59 PM

Hey Bill!
Just saying hello. I was in your shop last Friday with Jimmy Badger. I'll be sure to stop by when I'm up your way this spring/summer.

harvey@kellermans.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users