Otter Lake no bussiness support? Parry Sound

5alive

hopefully some one can help me here, on the ofsc parry sound snowmobile trail conditions website it says "lake not staked NO BUSSINESS SUPPORT" (trail #211) as i recall there is only one big resort on otter lake, does this mean they do not support us or our money is no good to them? any clarification, perhaps i am mistaken i certainly hope so

hopefully some one can help me here, on the ofsc parry sound snowmobile trail conditions website it says "lake not staked NO BUSSINESS SUPPORT" (trail #211) as i recall there is only one big resort on otter lake, does this mean they do not support us or our money is no good to them? any clarification, perhaps i am mistaken i certainly hope so

The club approached them for the trail that they would stake it as it serves thier business and they have not responded . The trail is costly to maintain and burns up volunteer hours we hope that they will get more involved in the future as they learn the size of the market.

thanks wildbill, unfortunatly that is what i suspected, as you said it might take them a while to realize the importance of snowmobile trafic to their bussiness in the winter it is a little different than having a resort in collingwood relying on the down hill skiers

hey bill, can we drink beer at your shop during cub meetings?

thanks wildbill, unfortunatly that is what i suspected, as you said it might take them a while to realize the importance of snowmobile trafic to their bussiness in the winter it is a little different than having a resort in collingwood relying on the down hill skiers

hey bill, can we drink beer at your shop during cub meetings?

The OFSC has a zero tolerance policy on alchohol during club meetings . Drop by and say hi sometime .

Good for you and your Club WildBill and even better when you put your business name out there stating an opinion.

I really can't believe how some businesses ignore their area Club.

We did the same thing a few years ago and never regretted it.

IMHO, if we don't get the benefitting businesses more involved and as well as the 90% of riders who believe all they have a responsibility to do is buy a Trail Permit, then snowmobiling will be in a major decline in 5 years.

In North Bay SC, we only have 6 Directors and about 6 major Volunteers to look after 3 groomers and 250 km of trails and all that goes with that.

It gets discouraging when everyone takes everything for granted.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an e-mail address for the business that would benefit from a staked trail to their door? I'd be happy to send them a note letting them know I would love to patronize them with dozens of friends (always looking for good destinations), but not willing to travel on unstaked lakes to get there.

Is there an e-mail address for the business that would benefit from a staked trail to their door? I'd be happy to send them a note letting them know I would love to patronize them with dozens of friends (always looking for good destinations), but not willing to travel on unstaked lakes to get there.

harvey@kellermans.com

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Bill!

Just saying hello. I was in your shop last Friday with Jimmy Badger. I'll be sure to stop by when I'm up your way this spring/summer.

harvey@kellermans.com

Archived