Strathroy

punchtech

Noticed they closed Strathroy yesterday, did they lose that much snow, or are they trying to save the base?

The latter - trying to preserve the trails so there will be something to ride on when the temps drop down again. Good move.

It seems Mt. forest, hanover , chesley and a few others have closed also. Trails are fragile in these areas. Hope this warm spell doesn't hurt them too bad.

Going to have to wait another week.

Noticed they closed Strathroy yesterday, did they lose that much snow, or are they trying to save the base?

Just drove down the 402 yesterday through Strathroy from the U.S., the trails were completely bare in a lot of the fields and mud through the bush. I can only comment on the roadside trails that I seen, not good. :|

no,none of them are holding up very well, the afternoon sun the past 2 days has taken it's toll. The weekend forecast is going to take away what little hope was remaining...........gotta love the banana belt eh????

Lets just hope after this warm weather snow does return. It is only January lets keep our fingers crossed for a return of winter in Feb. Its not just that area, its all over. Even North Bay and Sudbury are reporting low snow and open water. WTF! :banghead:

"They" (take that for what you will) are predicting a cold February. I read three different weather bloggers and all seem to be in concensus.

I always take snow in strathroy as a bonus and always figure I'll have to trailer north to go sledding anyway. Does anyone else share this opinion? I think of it like owning a boat. I can't just use it in my backyard ....Although sometimes in sledding, you get a bonus and off you go...

Two other things to cheer you up:

In the winter of 2006, parry sound didn't get any lasting snow until about this time in january, strathroy never got any. Well, a little dash in December and March but that was it.

The NAM forecast model is now putting sw ontario on the snowy side of that storm as early as 6am on monday morning so that might mean after a bit of rain sunday, we get a bit of a snow storm with fresh snow!

Archived