Sprucedale Breakfast

stepamd

We are many places with Radar and Breathalyzers all hours of the Day and Night. This past Saturday we stopped over 200 sleds before lunch

Is it true an impaired charge was laid on the Carling 401 this weekend?

Actually this individual was charged with three offences. Fail to Stop for Police, Drive Over 80mgs and Impaired Driving

man,some people just don't get it,,,,, :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

oh he "got" it alright !!!!!

We are many places with Radar and Breathalyzers all hours of the Day and Night. This past Saturday we stopped over 200 sleds before lunch

Actually this individual was charged with three offences. Fail to Stop for Police, Drive Over 80mgs and Impaired Driving

It's good to see. Unfortunatley there isn't enough enforcement. In my area the only places I have ever seen the OPP on the trail is the rail line near Coldwater or at the other end in Orillia. They set up a radar regularly in Coldwater but that is it. In Orillia they were checking permits as people got off of the ice. Maybe an increased presence would help reduce the number of throttle jockeys and the number that go in for a liquid lunch then climb back on the sleds.

It's good to see. Unfortunatley there isn't enough enforcement. In my area the only places I have ever seen the OPP on the trail is the rail line near Coldwater or at the other end in Orillia. They set up a radar regularly in Coldwater but that is it. In Orillia they were checking permits as people got off of the ice. Maybe an increased presence would help reduce the number of throttle jockeys and the number that go in for a liquid lunch then climb back on the sleds.

In our area there is often too much enforcement on the Seguin it often borders on harrasement.

In our area there is often too much enforcement on the Seguin it often borders on harrasement.

Seguin is covered by three factions. OPP, SAVE Team and Local Trail Patrol. We often purposely patrol AWAY from the Seguin as a result of this.

I would have to agree at times. I don't have a problem being checked, but when there is a big line up it can take 20min or more to get the OK, and 3 times in one day is an hour of riding time that I miss out on.

I've said for years that they need to give you a sticker or something saying, "this guy has been checked today/this week/ whatever and his paperwork is in order", that way it can just be a quick drinking check and your on your way.

FishHog

I would have to agree at times. I don't have a problem being checked, but when there is a big line up it can take 20min or more to get the OK, and 3 times in one day is an hour of riding time that I miss out on.

I've said for years that they need to give you a sticker or something saying, "this guy has been checked today/this week/ whatever and his paperwork is in order", that way it can just be a quick drinking check and your on your way.

FishHog

like a star with the date on it,,,,,they see the star,,,drink check,,,drive on,,,, :right_on::right_on:

FishHog

like a star with the date on it,,,,,they see the star,,,drink check,,,drive on,,,, :right_on::right_on:

Not a bad idea at all... I have only ever been stopped twice by the OPP in the last 7 years and for one of them made it onto the A Channel new since they were there at the time. While we are looking for more enforcement in our area it sure looks like you may have overkill.

FishHog

Not a bad idea at all... I have only ever been stopped twice by the OPP in the last 7 years and for one of them made it onto the A Channel new since they were there at the time. While we are looking for more enforcement in our area it sure looks like you may have overkill.

Umm yeh they gave our groomer a ticket yesterday :banghead:

I just have to ask what for :crazy: It couldn't be for speeding those things don't go that fast.

I just have to ask what for :crazy: It couldn't be for speeding those things don't go that fast.

Improper tire

:confused::? What's that WB ?

Driving a tracked groomer on a road to get around a waterhole and groom the bypass :banghead:

Now that is getting a weeeeeee bit pathetic :shock:

More than a wee bit!! :roll:

Why am I not surprised?? :crazy:

Improper tire

:confused::? What's that WB ?

Driving a tracked groomer on a road to get around a waterhole and groom the bypass :banghead:

WOW - what a storm trooper attitude. Must be some clown with a big eqo. Sometimes people get into policing for the wrong reasons. Ironically Georgian Bay Township took two very large excavators from a site where they are working on a park and drove them all be it a relatively short distance on the road around the corner to another site of township work being conducted. It was far cheaper and quicker than loading them on a trailer. But then they are the township and can do whatever they want it seems.

• 4 weeks later...

Seguin is covered by three factions. OPP, SAVE Team and Local Trail Patrol. We often purposely patrol AWAY from the Seguin as a result of this.

am i ever glad you said that, maybe i can go for 1 ride this year without pulling all my papers out after 10 minutes of riding from the house. the question is where they gonna get all their money from?????????

Archived