Killswitch goes sledding :)

Doonut

Killswitch did great Doonut ..... start shopping, she'll be ready to move up to something with a bit more jam after another day or two on the trails.

:woot::woot:

Few more pic's from Sunday's ride

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

First belt of the season from our crew ... Kevchev took one for the team

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_09051.jpg

IMG_0911.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

A few pic's from around the club house at lunch time, lots of happy riders

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

Killswitch did great Doonut ..... start shopping, she'll be ready to move up to something with a bit more jam after another day or two on the trails.

Great Pictures Rick Trails look good too....now why can't I see a buck like that with my rifle/bow in my hands grrrrrr

great pics,,,,,,, :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Great Pictures Rick Trails look good too....now why can't I see a buck like that with my rifle/bow in my hands grrrrrr

Because you would need an "ELK" hunting licence :)

That's awesome! My daughter got her license this year as well. She's 12. I've let her drive my sled a few times on the trails with me on the back hanging on to the tether!!!

Painfully slow, but cautious! Can't wait until both girls have sleds, then we can all go riding. (youngest is 10)

We all have dirtbikes, now so I'm looking forward to summer! OH and LMV----they're Yammies! TTR's 90, 125 & 230!

Because you would need an "ELK" hunting licence :)

HaHa

right

Doonut, w/ reference to the kids & ins' thread from a couple of weeks ago, have you notified your ins' co' about your daughter being the driver of the sled?

Some have posted that their ins' co' don't mind a under 16 year old being an occasional driver, just not crazy about them as principal drivers.

The nephew got his licence last month. On Sunday he took turns riding last week either two up w/ his mother or solo on my brother's sled. Second legal ride for him. He may be a bit over cautious, mind you it's a big jump from the Elan he's been riding around the property to a 500SS.

Glad to hear that.

I wonder if the under 16 crowd causes a lot of claims fo the ins' co'? We sure don't read about them in the papers. You would think preventing a kid from riding a sled until they're 16 would cause more problems than not.

The younger they are the more they'll be likely to listen to what they're taught. By the time they reach 16 they know everything & are bulletproof.

Glad to hear that.

I wonder if the under 16 crowd causes a lot of claims fo the ins' co'? We sure don't read about them in the papers. You would think preventing a kid from riding a sled until they're 16 would cause more problems than not.

The younger they are the more they'll be likely to listen to what they're taught. By the time they reach 16 they know everything & are bulletproof.

So should they apply that logic to cars? :poke:

You got me there LOL

Well there was that Youtube video of the kid from Quebec driving his parents' car. He seemed to be doing OK.

If there were issues because of kids under 16 driving sleds I think the gov't would put the kibosh on it by now. This isn't scientific, but usually if there's a fatality involving kids, they're usually a passenger.

I do recall the boy who hit a fallen tree while riding w/ his father in Huronia a few years ago. He had ridden the trail earlier in the day and the trail was OK. Later him and his father went for a ride & a tree had fallen across the trail in the meantime.

I seem to recall that the MSV licencing in Ontario used to be graduated & that @ a certain age (before 16) you could cross (& possibly travel on) roads.

One day (in the 80s?) for whatever reason, there was a media firestorm (on TV, radio & the papers) how kids under 16 could cross the roads w/ just the MSV licence. Well by the end of the day, the MTO changed the rules that you had be 16 to cross or travel on a road w/ the MSV licence.

There was no mention of an accident occurring involving kids in these reports. More than likely it was some reporter creating a story out of nothing for career advancement.

Seems like only a couple years ago that girl was bouncing around on your gas tank during the Muskoka Lakes run. Nice pics, great story. Be neat if you can encourage her later in stepping from the driving to designing...need more women in the sciences and up on the space station!

Glad to hear that.

I agree, the same goes with ATVing. They listen and are more careful. I would be more afraid to start them at 16. Also there would be an easier transition to cars.

• 2 years later...

Just wait until she wants to ride your sled and you ride hers... don't forget that power women... especially daughters have... how can you say no! Start putting the money away now for a new sled.

when he did ride my citi he burned a hole through the belly pan :D

Welcome to the forum killswitch! Glad to have you aboard.

I blew my first engine on our tour of the back lakes from the pine lake cabin. Then when i was towed back by DN he coated me with slush :)

Hmmm, there is a theme here ;)

Welcome aboard Killswitch!

Weclome Killswitch....Good to see u onboard....

Hey killswitch ... good to see you here ... I recall the bellypan issue.

A pink bunny gave me a heads up!

Great to see you posting. I hope you and your Mom are doing okay. I find myself thinking about your Dad all the time. :(

I hope to see you riding this winter.

So great to hear from you Sarah, say hi to your mom for me and the rest of the PPSC crew. I'll dig up some of the pic's from the day your Dad burned a hole clear through the side of your Citi, and post them up here later. Wish I could of seen the look on your Dads face through his helmet when you took off with us across Scugog on his Gade, and we left him in the dust causing him to heat up your Citi a tad :lol:

Hey Killswitch! Nice to see you add some youth to the board!

See you at the PET ride?

Yo, Killswitch !

Welcome Aboard ! Trail work here has started already and I had to sweep snow off the truck this morning.

Hope to see you on the trails this winter - drop by sometime this winter; it's a good stop for a hot drink and to warm up if you are doing a Snowcrest loop. I'm sure you will easily find us..............

The very first PET Ride ever - started from the Mouse House and YOU were THERE !! :D

Archived