Muskoka Land Owners do not care about snowmobilers!

Cudney Racing

So are the trails opened or closed?

How come I didnt get an application to join the MLA? :P ..............I'm kinda serious! :confused:

Could be closed. Are Closed. Will be closed. Can't tell.

Rather than the TV stations and newspapers, who are in the business of increasing viewship/readership, I'll keep an eye out for something official from the MSR.

You could always join the wabbit after all are you not a muskoka landowner ?

I most certainly am. And I didn't get an invitation to join, either.

Thats what they need a wabbit and a mouse ! They may never be the same :rotflmao:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how the meeting was scheduled on the day right after a holiday... for any of us who decided to take the day off work to go to the meeting, that would entitle our employers to NOT pay us for the stat holidays we just had... Makes perfect sense to me.

As Groucho Marx said, "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."

Mind you membership in the MLA is only open to closed minded people.

As Groucho Marx said, "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."

I like that line. :lol:

How come I didnt get an application to join the MLA? :P ..............I'm kinda serious! :confused:

Rather than the TV stations and newspapers, who are in the business of increasing viewship/readership, I'll keep an eye out for something official from the MSR.

STG and I are now forming our own Land Owner Association...............

The Animal Crackers muskoka land owners association...........or ACMLA for short............ ;)

I like that line. :lol:

Mind you membership in the MLA is only open to closed minded people.

And this one too !

Two good lines in one post. I think he gets some kind of bonus word score points for that or something. :lol:

The Animal Crackers muskoka land owners association...........or ACMLA for short............ ;)

I can see it now wings and beer at every meeting !

I can see it now wings and beer at every meeting !

Better than Crow at the MLA meetings! :D

Expect a statement from the MSR and District 7 to adress the situation. There is a District meeting planned for tonight and the MLA issue is now on the Agenda at tonights meeting. If any of you are involved with a club that is in District 7 , the District would like your input through your Club District reps for tonights meeting in how to adress this situation , nows the chance to voice your thoughts to your club reps.

Yukon I have addresed my concerns about this with MSR recently and here in a nutshell is what I said. " My thoughts on this situation are, the MLA thinks that by asking their members to close the trails they will garner support from the snowmobile community and they couldn't be father from the truth, I deal with hundreds of people on a weekly basis by phone and email and a lot of them are from Southern Ontario from the thoughts of many of them regarding this issue is that they wouldn't support the MLA regardless of the purpose, they are telling me rather than going to Gravenhurst, Bracebridge etc. they will just drive by and go elsewhere rather than be concerned that there may be trail closures in the area, they won't take the chance. The people who I really feel sorry for are the businesses in the area who need winter sledders to sustain their business and regardless of the out come of the situation they are definetely going to be hurting from the loss of revenue from sledders. I am not sure if the damage already done can be rectified or not, but hopefully the MLA will see that they are only hurting their cause and making enemys of the local business community."

Even though it may only be one or tow trails that get closed they can make it a closed area very easily but shutting them down, hopefully they,the MLA, will come to their senses and see what it is they are really hurting, but then again with vested interest by the heads of it I doubt they will as they only have one thing in mind and it really isn't about tree cutting or enviromental issues at all, it's about their business. - Bill

I'm still looking for my invitation to join as well.

Agree with you all the way Bill , the unfortunate part is our Charity was moved because we saw this happening a mile away , we are very disapointed not to be returning to Bracebridge , with all the local support we have from the clubs and the Community yourself included. We just couldn't risk what happened last year.

Avoid the media at all cost , and put the fire out.

They don't even need to close the trails , the media exposure they are getting is doing the damage now.

For the record all trails in Muskoka will not be closing , just trails in crossing MLA member properties , unfortunately that will play a big role in point A to B. Trails will be posted as limited in these effected regions.

Paul

I just got off the phone with the Disrict 7 office and as of this writing there has been NO contact from the MLA in regards to any trail closures in Muskoka , nothing in writing has been presented. Any trails listed closed as of right now is weather related. District 7 will be issuing a public statement after tonights Board meeting and is approved by the clubs. Please stay posted to the MSR website.

I just rode from the floating bridge in BB to D-trail and the top of 37 on the other side of Port Sydney , the trails Around Port Sydney were perfect , None of the trails had any barriers up :D

That's awesome news rode from Gravenhurst to Port Sydney a week ago, any suggestions for more scenic ride in that area, any othe trails open off the D ? Port Sydney was not much of a destination when we were up looking for a nice ride and a good place to go for Lunch along the way.

Archived