French River

600 XC

Planning a 2 day, 1 night saddlebag trip from Kearney to the French & Pickerel river bridge area Feb.14&15,2008. Can anybody recommend a good place to stay (6 guys) close to the bridges. Also looking for the best route to make it a loop ride. We're heading west on the Sequin from Kearney towards Parry Sound on the 1st day. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also posted in Club Ontario North

Hey 600xc.. Welcome to the forum. I talked to my cousin that lives at the french river and she said the ice is not safe yet to cross (at loons landing) to get to the other side.

I am not to familiar with the local resorts, but here's a link that might help you out..

Thanks Rick, I appreciate your response. By the way, I see you're a member of the Happy Wanderers. How are their trails so far especially heading over to Dorset?

Thanks Rick, I appreciate your response. By the way, I see you're a member of the Happy Wanderers. How are their trails so far especially heading over to Dorset?

Hey 600.. I haven't been there this year and my buddies from Baysville have been in Cochrane. I talked to Krusty the other day and he said that washouts are the worst in 15 years. I'm not sure how the conditions are as of today but I have a call into Krusty and will post (or he will post) an update when I hear from him...

Planning a 2 day, 1 night saddlebag trip from Kearney to the French & Pickerel river bridge area Feb.14&15,2008

Look up Alban and French River on revrnd's Accommodations Online:

Hey XC600 - good to see you back!!! Try PM'ing Faceman...I believe he was just up that way this weekend...he could probably give you some good information

Hey 600.. I haven't been there this year and my buddies from Baysville have been in Cochrane. I talked to Krusty the other day and he said that washouts are the worst in 15 years. I'm not sure how the conditions are as of today but I have a call into Krusty and will post (or he will post) an update when I hear from him...

I will send an e mail to Happy Wanderers this am & get a accurate report, I do know that on Tuesday they were trying to get a couple of trails open that weren't yet.

what about the owls nest lodge

From what I heard, not good.. I wouldn't stay there if you paid me..

PS: I am exercising my freedom of speach, which their friends are great believers in :rotflmao:

:coffeenose:

U need to :hugs: .......... :P

what about the owls nest lodge

From what I heard, not good.. I wouldn't stay there if you paid me..

PS: I am exercising my freedom of speach, which their friends are great believers in :rotflmao:

:coffeenose:

U need to :hugs: .......... :P

I don't hug people while their knives are still in my back :angry:

Archived