D Trail Conditions

SlowTouringGuy

The DFO doesnt know there *^%$@_ from a hole in the ground , I guess the old bridge must of killed a tadpole in his youth :wtf: Leave it up to the Feds to wreck a good thing

MM

There isn't enough water to support any Oceans or Fisheries. Politics :roll:

The costs to remove the old one (which had approvals) was obscene. But those costs pale in comparison to this :roll::roll:

Thank goodness for the economic meltdown ! If the economy were still healthy, the country wouldn't have a stimulus program so we wouldn't have gotten the money and we'd still be scraping along 4km of a bare Muskoka Road 6.

I'd like to thank the taxpayers of Minas Basin, Nova Scotia and all other communities of this great nation for the opportunity we now have to cross the Beaver Creek in style. I'll be hesitant to ride across without wearing a suit and tie.

Frogs and Logs. In the winter, yet !

At the end of the day, ask yourself if you're leaving something better for the next generation. That bridge, and surrounding trail work, is a legacy.

I haven't been on that side of the bay in some time, and thanks to the hard work of many, will venture once again.

I haven't been on that side of the bay in some time, and .............. will venture once again.

:shock::o damn! :o:shock:

It's always possible the project will not be complete in time for the snowmobiling season. Stay where you are for now and I'll keep you posted on progress. ;)

I haven't been on that side of the bay in some time, and .............. will venture once again.

It's always possible the project will not be complete in time for the snowmobiling season. Stay where you are for now and I'll keep you posted on progress. ;)

However, IF, and I stress IF, the project is completed, it would allow you to loop around to the B trail on the east side of Couchie where you could demonstrate your freestyle prowess on my '77 Olympique ! :D:D

Oh I can't wait! Canuck doing freestyle! Does this mean we have to call you Captian Canuck?

Backflip!!!! We want a backflip!!!!! :woot::woot:

I'll write 'thank you' in the snow, beside the bridge. :lol:

Department of Oceans and Fisheries may have something to say about that ! :P

Didn't Virer already do that? We want something new!

Trying to steal my trademark, the never of some people I tell ya :curse: :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Trying to steal my trademark, the never of some people I tell ya :curse: :rotflmao::rotflmao:

Never. :lol: :poke:

(the monkey made me doo it)

Who would have thought it ? You both do "shorthand" !

Actually I think the Monkey DID DO IT, Monkey Spell my butt :curse:

Actually I think the Monkey DID DO IT, Monkey Smell my butt :curse:

ewww ! :puke:

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY ! Yesterday, the last stretch of D trail 'capped over'. Last night's temperature dipped to Minus 21 (according to Environment Canada and they are never wrong) and the forecast from now to Christmas Eve (according to Environment Canada and they are never wrong) is for little snow and more cold. I'd love to be staking between Christmas and New Year's.

On the other hand, it would be a lot easier drilling the stake holes today. :D

PC172532.jpg

"Drill Baby Drill"

nice to see ice with no snow on it.

thanks for the pic.

The DFO doesnt know there *^%$@_ from a hole in the ground , I guess the old bridge must of killed a tadpole in his youth :wtf: Leave it up to the Feds to wreck a good thing

MM

BTDT

BS that we had to go thru when the family replaced a bridge on a location where a bridge had been for over 50 years :roll: .

Update:

If one were to get 25 - 30 feet off shore or more (away from the shore ice that existed before the snowfall) we found 4.5 to 5.0 inches of Blue ice late this afternoon. More cold weather on the way.

:D:D:D:D

Archived