Pickerel Lake Lodge ?

mooseski

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks All. We are just so appreciative of all the OC support as we work through the growing pains of new ownership here. Yes, we will be looking at sponsorship on the site, just ironing out a few other 'issues' first...one being TIME! Days go by like fence posts on a country road around here :rolleyes:

We are super busy this weekend and I am spending a lot of time gearing up for that.

Midweek riding is awesome.

Looking to get a sign up at that junction, just need to get a sign made up since the ones we had on hand are all out there now.

Live music in the Dining Room on Sunday night with the eclectic guitar stylings of local legend Johnny 'Hawk' Melanson.

:woot: Very excited

and tired...somebody call the Whaaa-mbulance :rotflmao:

Thanks All. We are just so appreciative of all the OC support as we work through the growing pains of new ownership here. Yes, we will be looking at sponsorship on the site, just ironing out a few other 'issues' first...one being TIME! Days go by like fence posts on a country road around here rolleyes.gif

We are super busy this weekend and I am spending a lot of time gearing up for that.

Midweek riding is awesome.

Looking to get a sign up at that junction, just need to get a sign made up since the ones we had on hand are all out there now.

Live music in the Dining Room on Sunday night with the eclectic guitar stylings of local legend Johnny 'Hawk' Melanson.

wootSMILEY.gif Very excited

and tired...somebody call the Whaaa-mbulance roflmao.gif

Signs on the trails are regulated. Check with the local club and then ask them to order through here http://www.ctmsigns.com/ that way you will be in keeping with the correct colours for informational regulations

Signs on the trails are regulated. Check with the local club and then ask them to order through here http://www.ctmsigns.com/ that way you will be in keeping with the correct colours for informational regulations

Funny, our local club sign guy, Roger, just walked in to borrow our fire pump to flood the trail on Lynch Lake where a groomer went through! I can go ask him about it right now :right_on: More to follow

Hey Giddy-Up how were the trails today. the trails around Clear lake to Sprucedale and south towards Huntsville were brutle on Sat.

It's AMAZING what groomers can do in 1 night! They were outstanding today! Rode the D thru Sprucedale up the 704 to 711 - these trails had been freshly groomed with a dusting of powder on top...they must have been groomed on Sunday night because they had set up really nice :-) Then took the 706 to D123. The 706 had been freshly groomed - but was still rough in some spots....not bad though. The D123 had been groomed on Sunday night and was in great shape. Took D123 to Pickeral Lake Lodge for lunch...then 303 to Edgewater...then 302 to Kearney. An outstanding day on the trails!

Mid-week riding is the best - I think you guys should take a couple of sick days and get out there! There certainly was a ton of traffic on the weekend - 1 fatality on the D near Sprucedale unfortunately as well

I'll be there tonite. Thanx

Roger said there is a sign at that junction, but maybe it's not obvious enough. He assured me he is going to fix it.

Groomer just stopped in for a soda and said he did the D123 from Burk's Falls to The Lookout and the Outhouse, which is from the D on 300 to the 304. Tommorrow he's finishing the D123 from the 300 to the 306 & D. He also says he has no idea which ones 'the other guys' are doing. Hope that helps!

:coffeenose: Whew! What a weekend! Busiest one yet, by far. On Saturday evening we only had one room in the whole place available! Sunday's Valentine's Day Special went over very well if all the compliments to the chef were any indication. And the live music from local guitarist Johnny 'Hawk' Melanson topped off a great night too. Thanks to all who stopped in and said Hi. Ted, it was nice to meet you.

The trails are still pretty decent here, although our groomer friend says we could use a bit more snow. Guests and visitors are all happy for the most part. Anywho, more guests are inbound and the dining room keeps on churning out good eats.

Sledders are great customers!

Hope to see you out.

:coffeenose: Whew! What a weekend! Busiest one yet, by far. On Saturday evening we only had one room in the whole place available! Sunday's Valentine's Day Special went over very well if all the compliments to the chef were any indication. And the live music from local guitarist Johnny 'Hawk' Melanson topped off a great night too. Thanks to all who stopped in and said Hi. Ted, it was nice to meet you.

The trails are still pretty decent here, although our groomer friend says we could use a bit more snow. Guests and visitors are all happy for the most part. Anywho, more guests are inbound and the dining room keeps on churning out good eats.

Sledders are great customers!

Hope to see you out.

Great to hear that business is booming! More snow in the forecast this week for the area :woot: :woot:

Heading back up in a couple of days - make sure the Beef Stew is ready! LOL

OMG, I was just going to post how great our stay was last friday. I can't believe this.

very sad to hear that Dusan (the poster, PLL, on this thread - from Pickerel lake lodge) was killed in a car accident yesterday morning. I just met him when we stopped in last weekend, seemed like a great guy. My condolences to his family & friends

http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2455146

Our condolences to his family and friends . Enthusiasm like his is what makes this sport run .

Truely sad to hear. Condolences go out to his family and friends.

my condolences

Wow, just met him a few weekends ago when we stayed there. Condolences to his family.

Wow...that's shocking.

Not much that can be said, other than "there but for the grace of God goes any of us", and our condolences to all who knew him.

Absolutely shocked to have learned of this tragic event. He was such a wonderful guy and will be sadly missed at PLL. Our condolences to his family, friends and co-workers at PLL....our thoughts and prayers are with them all.

We only met him once but he was very warm and welcoming ... condolences to family and friends.

Wow, never had the privilege of meeting the man. But he had obviously touched many peoples lives. Very sorry to hear the sad news. My condolences to his family and friends. God speed.

Very sad news. I understand he was quite active in the community. Condolences to family and friends.

He was one of the good guys.... My condolences to his family, friends and his community. They all will miss him I'm sure. :cry:

• 1 month later...

He was one of the good guys.... My condolences to his family, friends and his community. They all will miss him I'm sure. :cry:

Hi All,

I just ran into your thread here as I was searching around online. I'm Danny Nedelko, Dusan's little brother. I just wanted to thank you all for your condolences and great things you've said about my brother. He and I were extremely close and I know how excited he was about PLL and the community around sledding.

I stayed at PLL during the services and memorials for about a week, and I'm not sure but may have met a few of you. We're setting up the Dusan Nedelko Foundation - Enabling Youth Through Outdoor Activity. PLL will obviously be a big part of it and we'll be carrying on Dusan's love of the outdoors and mentoring youth in the community. I'll keep in touch with news and updates.

Thanks a million everyone during a pretty rough time for the entire family.

Dan Nedelko

Thanks for letting us know Dan. Keep us posted!

Archived