Pickerel Lake Lodge ?

mooseski

Dropped in there today for lunch. The homemade soup was delicious! Thanks again for the very generous prize that was donated by PLL for our Silent Auction Table at the OC Ride for Kelly!!! We will definitely be making your establishment one of our regular stops on the trails from now on!

Next time I'm gonna try those great looking fish & chips that I saw!

:wavey:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Lola, got it.

Trails around here are in grrreat shape! That blast on snow this week really helped. Very cold this morning, 30 below C! Many guests had trouble firing up the machines.

Cmon out, PLL is rockin!

Thanks Lola, got it.

Trails around here are in grrreat shape! That blast on snow this week really helped. Very cold this morning, 30 below C! Many guests had trouble firing up the machines.

Cmon out, PLL is rockin!

I agree! The trails are smokin in this district and it's a groomed trail right into PLL :-D

We will be dropping in (again) for lunch tomorrow - hope the Beef Stew is ready....althought the hamburger and fresh cut fries we had yesterday were pretty yummy!

Don't forget our dinner reservations for Wednesday! I think I want to try the Pickeral Dinner ......mmmmmmmmmmm.

:-D

PLL, You guys should get a webcam set-up. Great way for sledders to see conditions with their own eyes, and you can post the link up on a bunch of sites to get exposure & traffic to your webpage. Have a look at the set-up Fred (on Eagle lake) has www.eaglelakenarrows.com. Not sure if it was intentional (likely, just out the window next to his computer), but his camera view is one of the best I've seen. In one small shot you can see:

-a bit of the lake, to see if it's froze or not

-sky conditions

-road conditions

-activity at the gas pumps

-and the area is lit, so you can see a bit at night

And by the way, Eagle Lake Narrows is a great place for a stop - premium fuel, country store, and sled rentals. Fred (the owner) is a great guy and a big supporter of snowmobiling in the area.

PLL, You guys should get a webcam set-up. Great way for sledders to see conditions with their own eyes, and you can post the link up on a bunch of sites to get exposure & traffic to your webpage. Have a look at the set-up Fred (on Eagle lake) has www.eaglelakenarrows.com. Not sure if it was intentional (likely, just out the window next to his computer), but his camera view is one of the best I've seen. In one small shot you can see:

-sky conditions

-road conditions

And by the way, Eagle Lake Narrows is a great place for a stop - premium fuel, country store, and sled rentals. Fred (the owner) is a great guy and a big supporter of snowmobiling in the area.

Hey Ted, once again, thanks for the suggestions. I would love to get a webcam set up, but due to all this damn snow we are terribly busy :mrgreen: Maybe soon or next year. Good idea.

I have actually just moved here from South River and know Fred and the EagleLake Narrows. Yer right, great spot and great people.

Soooo, we are once again, getting a dumpin of snow here at Pickerel Lake Lodge. Lots of guests, all of which are saying the trails around here are awesome. The groomer that does the D123 from Sundridge to Burks Falls comes right into the lodge parking lot off the trail every time and he just came through about 1 hour ago :right_on:

I will try to post more frequently, but we are busybusybusy!!!

Giddy, we will see you tonight!

-sky conditions

-road conditions

Hey Ted, once again, thanks for the suggestions. I would love to get a webcam set up, but due to all this damn snow we are terribly busy :mrgreen: Maybe soon or next year. Good idea.

I have actually just moved here from South River and know Fred and the EagleLake Narrows. Yer right, great spot and great people.

Soooo, we are once again, getting a dumpin of snow here at Pickerel Lake Lodge. Lots of guests, all of which are saying the trails around here are awesome. The groomer that does the D123 from Sundridge to Burks Falls comes right into the lodge parking lot off the trail every time and he just came through about 1 hour ago :right_on:

I will try to post more frequently, but we are busybusybusy!!!

Giddy, we will see you tonight!

YES WE WILL BE THERE! iREVerent will be arriving by car/truck...they rest of the gang is planning on sledding in! See you at 6:30....make sure you have enough Pickeral! :poke: at Pickeral Lake Lodge!

We'll be by for sure, heading your way from Trail 83 (Buck Lake) this week end.

Michael

Hey , dont eat all the Pickeral , Mrs Muskoka man and myself might be over Fri for lunch ,How is 123 looking ?

Hey , dont eat all the Pickeral , Mrs Muskoka man and myself might be over Fri for lunch ,How is 123 looking ?

Well! The D123 was awesome tonight. All the Almaguin trails had been freshly groomed with about 3-4 inches of fresh poweder on top :right_on::right_on: Not too shabby! We took the longer way up to Pickeral Lake because the trail conditions were begging us to RIDE! We took D out of Kearney - to 300 - D123 to Pickeral Lake Lodge. We met the iREVerents there for dinner. Some of us had the Pickeral Dinner Maple! These pics are for YOU!)...

IMG_6375.jpg

AND....some of us had the Seafood Pasta!

IMG_6376.jpg

AND...then I had the Steak and Shrimp Special instead of the Pickeral Dinner

IMG_6377.jpg

The Trails were EXCELLENT....and the food was fantastic! I think they still have some Pickeral left for you MM! Enjoy!

:wavey:

irREVerent must have just LOVED you taking those pics :rotflmao::coffeespit:

:rotflmao::rotflmao: Ohhhhh.....Yeahhhhhhhh

Don't go there, SJ...I had resigned myself to the fact this was going happen before we had even arrived there :roll::roll::roll::unsure:

When we were out riding with Giddy and maple et. al last Sunday, at least SHE (maple) resisted the temptation to take the usual food pics at lunch...but apparently Giddy couldn't help herself last night. :poke: :phonecall:

At least the pickerel was worth the photographic fuss... :-D

Oh Oh , Im taking my wife AND a camera :-o

Love the shots of dinner. From the explosions of laughter, big smiles and even bigger bellies, I'd say you guys had a good evening. Thanks again for visiting.

Well, we have just been swamped with guests lately. Lots of bookings and walk-ins :right_on: With 99% of them being sledders...a very good bunch of people. Not sure what's goin on out on the trails lately. The only time I got outside today was to walk from my chalet over to the lodge. it's been go go go since the morning...not complainin though :mrgreen: The guests say the trails right around here are excellent, way to go ADSC!

Hope to see you out at PLL

WE would have made it up today but D-Trail from Bracebridge past Port Sydney was toast so we turned east and went into Dwight , Hats off to Hill And Gully as the trails were perfect , lots of traffic today , we will get up to PLL soon for lunch

WE would have made it up today but D-Trail from Bracebridge past Port Sydney was toast so we turned east and went into Dwight , Hats off to Hill And Gully as the trails were perfect , lots of traffic today , we will get up to PLL soon for lunch

:right_on:

Hey PLL as you have already witnessed OC is the place to be ! The critters are very friendly and extremely loyal . You need to consider becoming a sponsor . It will increase the visits to your place from the critters and you can then post your specials etc. It is the best blast for your advertising dollar and you will then be supporting this Internet family room happy hour. Do not think that this forum goes quiet in the off season it is busy all year so your summer business will benefit too !

We dropped in Saturday for lunch. Food and service was top notch. A suggestion ... you could use a sign on the trail at the junction of D123 and 305

We'll be there friday night for the first stop of our RAP tour. Look forward to being there again.

Love the shots of dinner. From the explosions of laughter, big smiles and even bigger bellies, I'd say you guys had a good evening. Thanks again for visiting.

Well, we have just been swamped with guests lately. Lots of bookings and walk-ins :right_on: With 99% of them being sledders...a very good bunch of people. Not sure what's goin on out on the trails lately. The only time I got outside today was to walk from my chalet over to the lodge. it's been go go go since the morning...not complainin though :mrgreen: The guests say the trails right around here are excellent, way to go ADSC!

Hope to see you out at PLL

Stopped by again today for lunch - thanks for having some of the "Beef Stew" for me today! YUMMMMM.....totally the BEST! I highly recommend the Beef Stew....but maybe I shouldn't say that....there might not be any left for me next time I stop in :banghead:

Thanks again! :wavey:

Hey Giddy-Up how were the trails today. the trails around Clear lake to Sprucedale and south towards Huntsville were brutle on Sat.

It's AMAZING what groomers can do in 1 night! They were outstanding today! Rode the D thru Sprucedale up the 704 to 711 - these trails had been freshly groomed with a dusting of powder on top...they must have been groomed on Sunday night because they had set up really nice :-) Then took the 706 to D123. The 706 had been freshly groomed - but was still rough in some spots....not bad though. The D123 had been groomed on Sunday night and was in great shape. Took D123 to Pickeral Lake Lodge for lunch...then 303 to Edgewater...then 302 to Kearney. An outstanding day on the trails!

Mid-week riding is the best - I think you guys should take a couple of sick days and get out there! There certainly was a ton of traffic on the weekend - 1 fatality on the D near Sprucedale unfortunately as well

Archived