Kellerman's resort

Wildbill

As many know Resort Tapatoo closed due to bankruptcy .

The property has been bought and is reopened as Kellermans resort I have been told that they intend to make it an excellent resort

I wish them luck! It can be a great location if managed properly.

Great location and some good accomodations, too. The cabins are terrific for groups.

Hopefully, they will keep the chef and kitchen staff ! Good eating there.

Great location and some good accomodations, too. The cabins are terrific for groups.

isnt the chef FBs inlaw or should i say ex inlaw

I do remember something like that. Hopefully he doesn't ride Cat as well in which case I'll say I hate the eating there. :P

I do remember something like that. Hopefully he doesn't ride Cat as well in which case I'll say I hate the eating there. :P

:shock: you dont like pussy.opps i mean cat

• 1 month later...

Spent quite a bit of time there this summer as we have a cottage on Otter Lake. Food was good, service a bit slowish but getting better. They seem very committed. Said as much when we asked but who wouldn't. Could be great if they do it properly.

Wish them luck....

Spent quite a bit of time there this summer as we have a cottage on Otter Lake. Food was good, service a bit slowish but getting better. They seem very committed. Said as much when we asked but who wouldn't. Could be great if they do it properly. Wish them luck....

Thanks for the update Bigman, nice to see an attempt at improving at least they are trying!

• 1 month later...

Was there today . The owner means business and is a nice guy . He is very serious about providing a good experience to all who come there . As for the property I cannot even imagine how much was spent there to make it nice but let me just say WOW what an improvement !

Good to know! Thanks WB

I hope so, cuz I'm looking forward to the queen sized bed and the jacuzzi tub in my room!!! Wooo hoooo!!!!!!

oops....was that out-loud? hehehe

You sure sound like my wife... the women seem to like the creature comforts. For me I could care less about the hot tub and all that other stuff. Just give me a hot shower and a comfortable bed and I'm good to go. We typically stay in a small but clean motel as the cost tends to be much lower. (More gas money for the sleds). I do however make sure to book us a weekend at an upscale resort once a season. Last year we went to Rawley Resort in Port Severn. This year it will be the Inn at Christies Mill also in Port Severn. They have the Avalon Spa. At the end of the day of sledding she will be getting the manicure and pedicure before we go to the dining room. She has hinted a massage would be good to. Happy wife happy life.

She has hinted a massage would be good to.

Spoil her.

Warm up your hands first. They'll be cold after a day of sledding.

:poke: :lol:

I stopped in at Kellermans over the weekend and they are in the process of painting and getting ready for the winter crowd. They are very excited to host the PET ride in February and welcome all sledders to the resort.

They have a real nice spot.

My wife and I went there for dinner this past summer and the new management had just taken over. They were experiencing some growing pains as they got into the swing of things but sured seemed determined to bring it back up and make it a success. The food was good but for a buffet format there were lags in availability. We chalked it up to those growing pains. I am sure they have it down to an art by now.

My wife and I went there for dinner this past summer and the new management had just taken over. They were experiencing some growing pains as they got into the swing of things but sured seemed determined to bring it back up and make it a success. The food was good but for a buffet format there were lags in availability. We chalked it up to those growing pains. I am sure they have it down to an art by now.

Chances are Chef Roy was not back on payroll at the time..

He's back now though :D

Resort Tapatoo was always on our winter list of places to go. Loved the place, facilities and trail access..Seems like the new owners, name and all, are continuing onwards and upwards. Wish them well. We can't make it in Feb for PET ( conflicting dates) but for those who go, you will not be disappointed. :wavey::wavey:

• 4 weeks later...

If the chef is back it would be worth a try again.

If the chef is back it would be worth a try again.

He is back Kev and they really do bend over backwards (NO STG NOT THAT WAY :o ) to try andplease their customer

Archived