DSC00445.jpg

Dog Lake

DSC00446.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

Ernie resto

DSC00448.jpg

others sledders was there

DSC00449.jpg

Trail need a little bit more snow in the power line at couple spot, except for those spot, it was a blast

by the way we are safe at Ernie, in case of a fire the fire hall is across the street

DSC00450.jpg

way to rub it in. did i tell you how much i really dont like you lately??? J/K glad you got out for a ride. ski

Hey The powerline looks Sweet!!!!!!!! Hey look at the Snow on the lake!!

Yeah I probly Know where those spots are, I will try to go out there if I get a chance and fix those spots out.

Cool All our trails are groomed and Great, it's too bad theres no one to Ride them.

Big Reg we be heading your way tommorrow from chapleau the trails look sweet cant wait to ride them , zrtkat and crew will be riding thru sometime tommorrow hopefully not too late ,but we had a long day today so hopefully I will not have to sleep too long.it is tough getting old. lol

tell the groomer guy we will be checking out his trails tommorrow

have a great night

zrtkat

• 1 year later...

I was in a 'retro' mood, and decided to go back to old posts. Never did that before.

What's interesting, is that you hear about places, read the post (i.e. from 2008) and it does not mean much.

However, you visit the place in 2009 and the post/pictures mean so much more.

I love the photos in this one.

Thanks.

The pic of the 2 sleds is in the exact same spot where a guy in our group 1 year had a motor problem. He came down the hill onto the lake & hit the kill switch while the sled was still moving. It backfired & blew out the base gasket. Towed the sled down the lake to Ernies & fixed it in his garage.

We called Ernie from Chapleau on Sunday at around 4 pm to make sure we could get gas. He provided us with gas even though he was closed, and even cooked us burgers and fries. Can't say enough good about a person like that. Ernie sat with us as we ate and had a great conversation........just a really good host.

The pic of the 2 sleds is in the exact same spot where a guy in our group 1 year had a motor problem. He came down the hill onto the lake & hit the kill switch while the sled was still moving. It backfired & blew out the base gasket. Towed the sled down the lake to Ernies & fixed it in his garage.

Glad I could rekindle that that that memory

:lol: :poke:

We called Ernie from Chapleau on Sunday at around 4 pm to make sure we could get gas. He provided us with gas even though he was closed, and even cooked us burgers and fries. Can't say enough good about a person like that. Ernie sat with us as we ate and had a great conversation........just a really good host.

It's too bad he Wont be there anymore with the Closing of the F trailt hat Chapleau wants to do.... Thats what he gets for Giving to Snowmobiling all those years. Helping Out our Club and Snowmobilers.

I can tell you that if the trail is still open from Dub to Misanabie, I will make the trip to grap an Ernie burger. No need to go to Chapleau. I'm completely happy turning around there and riding great trails back to Dub!! :D

I can tell you that if the trail is still open from Dub to Misanabie, I will make the trip to grap an Ernie burger. No need to go to Chapleau. I'm completely happy turning around there and riding great trails back to Dub!! :D

That would be good for Ernie and Dub. Not so good for Chapleau . Oh well you make your choices and live with the consequences.

It's too bad he Wont be there anymore with the Closing of the F trailt hat Chapleau wants to do.... Thats what he gets for Giving to Snowmobiling all those years. Helping Out our Club and Snowmobilers.

Is this a done deal or just speculation? I liked riding the F trail to Chapleau over dog lake and stoping at Ernies for food and gas. This will be very sad if it happens.

I have my own Ernie's story -

This was back in about 2001. I had a new sled that year but rode a pile and had about 8000 miles on by the end of the season. Our group of three went thru there mid-afternoon on a Sunday, ate, fueled and hit the lake to take the shortcut to Hawk. About 2 miles out my studded track let loose, so I limped it back to Ernies and the other 2 headed to get the trailer in Wawa.

So here I am in Ernies and not another soul around other than his son who was running the place that day and two locals that were pretty experienced beer drinkers by the looks of it - they were brother-in-laws I guess, but there wasn't much love between them that day. Reminded me of a scene out of Grumpier Old Men. Cursin' and swearing about how stupid the other one was seemed the rule of the day. It was like a verbal tennis match and these 2 were going for the grand slam award.

Anyhow about 5 or 6 pm the son has to close up to get to work somewhere, so I have no choice but to wait it out on the street. (fortunately temps were warm). The 2 other patrons stumble off into the dusk to their own homes never to be seen again. I tell you - I've never been so lonely for that 2 hour wait as ever before - that town gets eerie quiet after dusk - a couple barking dogs was about the only sound that punctuated the silence once in a while.

So finally when my buddies arrive I couldn't have been a happier guy to see them - only to hear that the truck is on 'E' as they had no idea how far a drive it was on the highway. Arrrrgh! Fortunately my sled was full, so we rifled around in a back shed of Ernies and find an empty gas can and a garden hose on the wall that will work as our siphon hose once we 'liberated' about 6' off the end of it ( sorry Ernie, but we were desperate and I'm sure you were able to fix it w/ a coupler that spring - hopefully my beer and food tab over the years covered the hose repair......)

Always like to stop, but that was one time I couldn't have been happier to leave.

Thanks man!!!!!!!!!

I have my own Ernie's story -

This was back in about 2001. I had a new sled that year but rode a pile and had about 8000 miles on by the end of the season. Our group of three went thru there mid-afternoon on a Sunday, ate, fueled and hit the lake to take the shortcut to Hawk. About 2 miles out my studded track let loose, so I limped it back to Ernies and the other 2 headed to get the trailer in Wawa.

So here I am in Ernies and not another soul around other than his son who was running the place that day and two locals that were pretty experienced beer drinkers by the looks of it - they were brother-in-laws I guess, but there wasn't much love between them that day. Reminded me of a scene out of Grumpier Old Men. Cursin' and swearing about how stupid the other one was seemed the rule of the day. It was like a verbal tennis match and these 2 were going for the grand slam award.

Anyhow about 5 or 6 pm the son has to close up to get to work somewhere, so I have no choice but to wait it out on the street. (fortunately temps were warm). The 2 other patrons stumble off into the dusk to their own homes never to be seen again. I tell you - I've never been so lonely for that 2 hour wait as ever before - that town gets eerie quiet after dusk - a couple barking dogs was about the only sound that punctuated the silence once in a while.

So finally when my buddies arrive I couldn't have been a happier guy to see them - only to hear that the truck is on 'E' as they had no idea how far a drive it was on the highway. Arrrrgh! Fortunately my sled was full, so we rifled around in a back shed of Ernies and find an empty gas can and a garden hose on the wall that will work as our siphon hose once we 'liberated' about 6' off the end of it ( sorry Ernie, but we were desperate and I'm sure you were able to fix it w/ a coupler that spring - hopefully my beer and food tab over the years covered the hose repair......)

Always like to stop, but that was one time I couldn't have been happier to leave.

Yeah... Thats Missinabie For yah... I Spent alot of night there in the winter grooming the F trsil to dalton..... And I Porbly Know the 2 Guys your talking about lol...... your Lucky the Dogs did not Piss on your Sled lol

Archived