BRAVO TALL PINES

yakage17

Conditions were better than reported last weekend, we were lucky to be first on Friday morning after grooming and conditions were fine throughout the weekend. 64 was amazing. AND A big thanks to HCSA for keeping trail 16 closed. The trail was great and no traffic.

Did HCSA just give up? Tall Pines and Paudash kept their trails open this past weekend. Maybe not A1 but they were open. HCSA pretty much shut er down March 5th.

We enjoyed the Tall Pines Trails as well. This past Saturday the trails were groomed with the odd patch of dirt. We were the first ones at the Fiery Grill for lunch on Sat. Everyone stopped and looked at us when we walked in and we were asked "did you come here by snowmobile??". Of course and the trails were surprisingly good!

We went for a short ride Sunday and the warm weather was starting to take it's toll. We only came across one other sled who was riding like he was on a race track. It was still nice to get that one last ride in and I would also like to extend my appreciation to the Tall Pine club for doing a superb job all winter!

Did HCSA just give up? Tall Pines and Paudash kept their trails open this past weekend. Maybe not A1 but they were open. HCSA pretty much shut er down March 5th.

They sure did give up. I ran from north shore up trail 4, 15 and 16 to get to tall pines and it was all good, some ice and the odd rock here and there but if the groomer paid a visit they would have been as good as tall pines. Clocked 300 miles in 3 days with a couple of buddies. Great last ride?

They sure did give up. I ran from north shore up trail 4, 15 and 16 to get to tall pines and it was all good, some ice and the odd rock here and there but if the groomer paid a visit they would have been as good as tall pines. Clocked 300 miles in 3 days with a couple of buddies. Great last ride?

Dammit! My place is on North Shore just minutes from 4. I was looking at the HCSA website and they listed everything as closed. They have been since early March. Good for you though. Might be directing my permit money elsewhere next year.

good to hear you got out Yak, did you have a decent winter?? My year was pretty light as far as riding goes, I had just over 1200m on before Revor and I went on our northern trip. I did have fun when I got out. finished the year off with only 2600m. Oh well, saved me some cash for racing this year I guess.

good to hear you got out Yak, did you have a decent winter?? My year was pretty light as far as riding goes, I had just over 1200m on before Revor and I went on our northern trip. I did have fun when I got out. finished the year off with only 2600m. Oh well, saved me some cash for racing this year I guess.

Hey Wildman its been OK as long as I wasn't wasting my time clearing trails for HCSA. Where did you go?

We left from the Sault, rode to halfway and fueled up, went back 10m and took the wilderness trail to Chapleau. Took the F from there to D'ville. Next day rode to Marathon, then to Nipigon, then to gearldton pushing 14" of fresh powder. Next day rode through longlac, caramat, hillsport and on to Hornepayne. The last day we rode straight to the Sault......had supper at North 82 and then put revors superduty on the governor and rolled into Forest about 4:30am Saturday. Was a good trip, but we both went through 2 belts.......no place up there to buy a belt.....or I guess that stocks em, and I broke a rear suspension spring outside longlac. Couldn't find 1 of them up there either, so I was glad to get home!!!!!!!!!

Archived