goulais river riding??? ox, cowriverripper????

skidooboy

can anyone give me info on where to get on and get off the goulais river for river running between, the town of goulais and searchmont???

can you run the river all the way to searchmont, or just up to shepard creek? how is the powerline in there for riding from goulais to searchmont? can it be made all the way or are there some big outcroppings that are unpassible by sled? looking to tackle some new terrain. ski

Ripper is in camp all week.

I aint never ran it on a snowmachine (canoe) but word is that you CAN run all the way from the lake to Searchmont. I would venture to assume then that you can run the river ratt up to the falls aboot 5-10 klicks north of town ratt next to the trail. If you feel like a salmon you could even try the falls. LOL!

Lemme know what you got going then eh??? ;)

It's been a long time since I drove the Goulais River from Searchmont to Goulais bay..And I doubt I will do it again, It's a long twisty run with alot of dead heads, open holes etc. It's really not that fun ... I have run from the Zone too the Bay this year ... I am not sure if it has been run the whole distance this year , I am heading north of Searchmont on Thursday if it's not too late I can ask the locals then... I am not sure about the power lines I am sure there is some way of getting through I see alot of tracks on the power lines ...But I don't know what lies ahead ...

Have you tried off the Domtar road , off the Witman Dam road turn right and go up the Ranger North road, or Laughing lake road ..Lots of untouched lakes and fields with a ton of powder , just an idea .....

Fields? :wtf:

I have been on every inch of Whitman, Domtar, and Ranger, and McDonald Creek, and have never seen a "field". :wtf:

I have not however ran Laughing Lake. It was plowed early season, but last I was at Domtar/Laughing Lake concession it had a foot of fresh on it. But that was 4 weeks ago now...

If "fields" you mean replant - that is NOT a good place to play.

A) "They" don't want you playing there and tearing up the new growth

B) There are landmines that live in there! :whatever:

WIth fields I meant clear cut logging... Or just stripping the land... If you stay on the old skidder trails there are not many land mines, and there is 5 feet of snow up there so if your sled tears things up you don't know how to drive...Heading up to Ranger on thursday just for a ride and maybe head back up friday for the weekend to fish Megaisan.....Ox do you have a camp up there somewhere ???? I spend alot of time on Cowie , visiting there on thursday...

My [redneck] camp:

My [redneck] chumm and his Gater.

SamAtCamp.jpg

Jan 9 09

Me and the boys (1 boy) tracks only. :wavey:

The other side didn't look real promissing tho. :whatever:

There WAS decent cover! That's just how big the landmines were there! (Still are I reck'n?) :lol:

HydroJan909.jpg

No. It's Linus Lake.

we need to get the group together that likes to hit the back country and get a ride scheduled. ski

I would like to join you if there is a trip planned for back riding in that area. I have A camp at Norhtland lake (about 10 miles before Searchmont.) I've been there for about 5 years and still have not explored near enough!! Thanks.

OUCH!

Just checked the long term - and Tues/Wed aint lookin so good! Matter of fact - pretty dang bad! :o

I thought that this weekend was gunna be the only issue? :wtf:

Boy - that may throw a wrench in the plans! :whatever:

I use a more Canuk based site, but they don't project out so far...

Archived