Kearney Ice Caves

Rage

Can hardly wait till were there on the 14th ....it's going to be so much fun !!!! All 18 of our weman are going on annual ski trip to collingwood and the boyz go on there annual snowmobiling trip to kearney shortly after ....O YA BABY !!!

Stormtraxx########

We were there last week and trail was nicely groomed. Been there 3 years in a row but still haven't seen those moose.

Edgewater Park Lodge is a great place to stay close by. Almaguin District SC and Highland Rovers SC do a great job on their trails.

TOP D to AL301 which is a dead-end. Trail is wide and usually in good shape. I think it's around 15 km long.

Once you go down to the lake, go left and follow the tracks. The lake is not staked this year.

The ice formations off the cliff aren't quite as extensive as previous years although I visited a month earlier this year.

Stop or stay at the nearby Edgewater Park Lodge for a great breakfast, lunch or dinner or cabins.

TOP D to AL301 which is a dead-end. Trail is wide and usually in good shape. I think it's around 15 km long.

Once you go down to the lake, go left and follow the tracks. The lake is not staked this year.

The ice formations off the cliff aren't quite as extensive as previous years although I visited a month earlier this year.

Stop or stay at the nearby Edgewater Park Lodge for a great breakfast, lunch or dinner or cabins.

I must be blind but I can't see AL301 on the map. I see 300, 302, 303, 304, 305 but no 301. I will be at the cottage a few days next week & would like to check them out....never seen them before. :?

Trail 301 is right off the D,just north, about half a Km, from the intersection of D & trail 307, which takes you to Sandhurst Resort on Sand Lake. It's marked on the ADSC's trail map, which you can get a copy of at Edgewater Park Lodge, but not on the NNTA district map. Hope this helps, it's worth the detour.

It should take about 3 hours or so depending on trail conditions, speed, lunch break & group size.

Derek/Shirley, I am planning on going up to these caves next weekend if you want to come along for the ride. Also, there are caves just like this 20 mins from the Ox on Clear lake on the way to Kennisis. Dawn and I took the kids there this weekend and had a blast. Always nice people hanging around talking about sledding!! Tom.

Archived