Lets get together and open Haliburton

oxnarrowsresort

We have recieved 6`` of snow since the storm and wind. Right now we are recieving heavy snowfall , and it is supposed to continue till thurs night.

Speaking with the new President of HSCA, he has asked me to assemble a group of guys and gals to go out and get the B ( pine springs to hwy 118) ready for grooming. Yes right out of the Presidents mouth the B will be open this year and soon. So here I am asking for help. I need a group on Sat with saws and hands to attack the B from both ends. One group starting from the ox and one from hwy 118. Gas tanks will be filled and lunch provided. As well THE OX will give anyone helping the weekend stay for $10 a night, yes it is a hell of a deal. A lot of the trails in the area should be ridable( after doing a little brushing) :woot: and the lakes are kick ass. So come on out, take a bit of ownership and pride in the HSCA.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have recieved 6`` of snow since the storm and wind. Right now we are recieving heavy snowfall , and it is supposed to continue till thurs night.

Speaking with the new President of HSCA, he has asked me to assemble a group of guys and gals to go out and get the B ( pine springs to hwy 118) ready for grooming. Yes right out of the Presidents mouth the B will be open this year and soon. So here I am asking for help. I need a group on Sat with saws and hands to attack the B from both ends. One group starting from the ox and one from hwy 118. Gas tanks will be filled and lunch provided. As well THE OX will give anyone helping the weekend stay for $10 a night, yes it is a hell of a deal. A lot of the trails in the area should be ridable( after doing a little brushing) :woot: and the lakes are kick ass. So come on out, take a bit of ownership and pride in the HSCA.

Nice! Good work ox!

I'm assuming that the "B" wasn't used last year?

I'm assuming that the "B" wasn't used last year?

Just the section from Pine Springs doen to Hwy 118.

It was being worked on last December when that massive thaw rolled through with the ton of rain. The area flooded and even though it got cold...it never properly re froze. That was the posting on the HCSA website. I have since learned from a source that, that might not have been the case at all. Something sounds fishy.

Looks like a few are working hard to get it open now. There is lot's of fresh snow to work with, super cold over the last week and a bit, so there should be no excuses at all. OXNARROWS is working hard to coordinate things Saturday.

I'm new to this computer thingy so be patient.

Thanks to Derek and the OX ! great work. Having your guys shovel out my place is fabs. See you guys in a week

Bucko

Thanks to Derek and the OX ! great work. Having your guys shovel out my place is fabs. See you guys in a week

Bucko

Hey Bucko.. Welcome to the forum.. Would you like me to give you an avatar....

Bucko

:o:oJust Say NO!!!!

Welcome to the forum!

Another one drinks the Kool-Aid :twisted::twisted:

Okay we ask and we recieve. The groomer will be with us on Sat. He will start at 8:00 am to meet us where we left off last Sat. The HCSA will be organizing a group to go south of #118( i am sure we will have to help). Same conditions apply as last sat in regards to lodging and fuel. Hey Wildman my wife says we should change your name to BigTipper(15 cents ,wow) just riding ya buddy, I know the real story, but I won't tell anyone the real story, not as fun.

So all welcome, please come on and help.

Taking ownership with pride, it's our club and our trails.

thats funny , I thought they were knarly old stumps of oak, Or wait a minute, you took the freakin paddin out of Wendy bras ( she doesn't need em) and put them under your jacket didn't you. The only thing that doesn't make sense is were you trying to impress me or Derek? :rotflmao:

Bucko

Maye something in a pirate?

Hey have you heard about the new pirate movie?

it's "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" rated :wavey:

Bucko

Give us a break WB

:rotflmao: Now you're stealing MM's jokes :o:o

And she tells it better :poke:

Bucko

Give us a break WB

:rotflmao: Now you're stealing MM's jokes :o:o

And she tells it better :poke:

Piracy would be the nature of the joke :D

where do you think she heard it ?

thats funny , I thought they were knarly old stumps of oak, Or wait a minute, you took the freakin paddin out of Wendy bras ( she doesn't need em) and put them under your jacket didn't you. The only thing that doesn't make sense is were you trying to impress me or Derek? :rotflmao:

actually I was tryin to attrack that samsquantch that was spotted just north of 118.

B is now partially open from 16 south to Anson lake. The old connector to Brady Lake has also been opened. Thanks to to oxnarrowsresort, andyo, Craig, Yakette and the groomer for the help Saturday.

Bridge south of Anson is in bad shape and cannot be crossed by the groomer. Some intrepid souls have been running the rest of the trail down to 118.

B is now partially open from 16 south to Anson lake. The old connector to Brady Lake has also been opened. Thanks to to oxnarrowsresort, andyo, Craig, Yakette and the groomer for the help Saturday.

Bridge south of Anson is in bad shape and cannot be crossed by the groomer. Some intrepid souls have been running the rest of the trail down to 118.

Thanks for ALL of your hard work! It seems like the club would not have done anything on their own to open this much up. I am angered that todays exec have done nothing to fix that bridge! What a shame, that is a major route!

so what goes on now? did you check the trail from Anson to Paul lake? is there any plans to go forward this winter, and did a club crew work on the south portion of 118?

wanted to check it yesterday but Yakette had enough with the brush cutting etc... She just wanted to ride the groomed, me too.

I heard throught the grapevine that they plan on grooming from 118 north to the bridge at Anson and will also try to push south as well. When, I'm not sure.

At least now there is a loop from Kushog to 16, to the B, down the B, across the old Brady connector trail, across Brady lake to the (non groomed but brushed) Brady/Kushog trail and back onto Kushog lake.

good job you guy's, I'm sure that was another long exhausting day. Hopefully the club can work through the south portion to Minden. They should have an easy time from 118 to about 700' from Paul Lake, and from what Derek said, there was some fellas that brushed from Paul to Ansen.........so it should go somewhat smoothly.

It was nice to have the groomer with us as there is no way anything would get done.It was a shame the bridge was out,Im surprised HCSA didn't know about it.It was nice he went to Brady Lake since he was in the area. :D .

I went back up the B Sun. and there is more brushing to be done after the groomer went threw the second time. :banghead: .Alot of work was done ,i hope the club is commited to keep that trail open or that will be two years in a row it's closed.

It was nice meeting every one ...

Thanks for ALL of your hard work! It seems like the club would not have done anything on their own to open this much up. I am angered that todays exec have done nothing to fix that bridge! What a shame, that is a major route!

How long is the bridge ?

Archived