Pine Springs to Baysville trail update

oxnarrowsresort

If your clearing some trails this week I would be glad to help tuesday to friday

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much progress with the B. Wildman and Revtrev managed to get in 1 mile north of 118 and Dman, D, Yakage and Yakette managed to cut 1 km in south of trail 16. Tough going with sleds and deep snow. Many saplings bent over and quite a few large trees down. This section has not been done for 2 years and it shows. Would have been nice to have a Bombi from the club to help, may have made more progress with a larger machine to push through the saplings...

Hey Ysak ( thats polish for yak) I did that part of the B twice last year.

Talking with the pres on Monday I expressed my cocern over #16 still not being done, what gives. He asked me to go look at it . Sure enough still not done.

He has asked us to go out again on Sat, but I said only if we have a groomer with us. So Guys I have to ask for help again, come on out and same rules apply as last weekend, lodging food. Special thanks to all and Wildman and Trevor, my hats off to you guys for driving 4+ hrs to help, hope you enjoyed your stay at the OX and you guys rocks .

Ya, let us know what is going on, and how much help you have. I would also like to know the clubs proposal for B south of 118..........someone has to look after that section too, otherwise we would be further ahead to go in and do the whole thing ourselves in the early fall. If you get more help, let me know, I have plans to go sleddin in Michigan this weekend, but I would consider changing plans if there is enough equipment and manpower to make the difference.

Yes, we had a great weekend, and the Yakage's showed us a great time on sunday.........Rever and I got to have our little battles out on the lakes :wavey:8-)

trail 16 to sherbourne HCSA-closed.OFSC-limited, so what gives? Ox how are the lakes from 12 mile to dorset, good and froze now, any word on sherbourne, hawk and kennisis?

Can't say for sure about those lakes in particular, but last sunday we ran Kushog and a whole lot more from the narrows up to Baysville. Maybe someonee that was up to

the Forest can chime in, as it is at Kennisis.....

I passed the groomer on #16 yesterday. He was up grooming pine springs and Anson(#16) to MSR and I am hoping he went south on #16 to Hawk #4. I'll no more today.

The lakes are primed and ready to go (I can't say on Redstone or Kennesis), I just need stakes. As well trails are groomed to Dorset.

We have the groomer meeting us SAt morning , so all welcome. Little work, lots of trail side banter, watch out for Yak though, heard it thru the redline that he's starting to steal his wifes clothes.

As well we recieved another 6'' this week, so base is about 3 1/2 to 4'

I passed the groomer on #16 yesterday. He was up grooming pine springs and Anson(#16) to MSR and I am hoping he went south on #16 to Hawk #4. I'll no more today.

The lakes are primed and ready to go (I can't say on Redstone or Kennesis), I just need stakes. As well trails are groomed to Dorset.

We have the groomer meeting us SAt morning , so all welcome. Little work, lots of trail side banter, watch out for Yak though, heard it thru the redline that he's starting to steal his wifes clothes.

Good work ox narrows . You sure are putting a lot of work into the trails .

Good work ox narrows . You sure are putting a lot of work into the trails .

I appreciate all the work you are doing OX, and those that have been able to help out. It seems as though the club is not being very proactive for some reason. I may be wrong but on the surface it seems that way.

Did some blasting around the past couple days around Haliburton. For those heading up to Ox Narrows on trail 4, watch for some serious ice just north-west of Oakview lodge about 1.5 KM's. My wife slid off the trail and into tree on a downward run in that area. No caution tape put up as in other areas. Watch out!!

The trails overall are taking shape nicely. I did not see any washouts and where there were washouts and snirt...they are all frozen and covered over now. The additional six inches of fresh snow was a help. The area has replenished what was lost before the rain and thaw late December.

Although the HCSA website lists Head Lake as closed? It is staked and there is plenty of ice on there.

Rode Trails 4,1,BTOP into Haliburton, 6. All were decent and groomed recently. I did find a down tree across trail 6 towards Maple Lake. Expect to see the odd tree that has decided to fall after the heavy snow and winds.

53_866e3136f87118d736db97955362a010

132_9e00e590aa04102d7b7cbd0241dd88ba

132_058c645db566a70c7b3c76fbff8f02c6

132_eb17e1b36ecd9c5ebeb120efabfe2a76

Thanks Andy, I'll try to drop by Fri Night. The trail (Brady)to the Ox is groomed now.

Austin Lake HSCA #16 is now groomed and #16 to Hawk is Groomed as well. Don't know if Sherbourne is, but it should be. These were all groomed together last year. :woot:

Archived